Profile for Lou > Reviews

Lou

Arkwrights Chicken Dry Dog Food 15 Kg
Arkwrights Chicken Dry Dog Food 15 Kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted!, 20 Sep 2013
I have a Collie Todd & a JR Holly........Holly would practically eat anything, Todd is not overly fussy but he recognises the brand of dog food bags that I unpack in the kitchen........I can see his eyes roll when I decant the cheaper brands I have to buy now and then (on a budget) I kid you not!!........been giving them Bakers mostly with the odd tins of Chappie and other goodies but have noticed that they both have been drinking so much water of late with the Bakers....positive it is dehydrating them, Todd's coat not that great. So I was on a mission and came across Arkwrights..........never been so excited for it to arrive, great price for 15Kg thinking if they liked it what a saving it would be. Well it came 2 days after ordering........and they really really liked it! Todd eyed up the bag, hmmmmm what is this don't recognise it lol........his head never came out of the bowl looking for more! (not a greedy dog unlike Holly). I saw the price for the beef variety was much more exspensive so got the chicken......but have noticed today that the beef is the same price £9 approx + PP £12 odds total. Good idea to check around before buying, for my pooches great buy, will get the beef next time. Oh & btw both never drank as much water after their meals as they have been.

Clear Lens Geek Retro Unisex Wayfarer Glasses, Gloss Black Frame, Full UV Protection
Offered by ASVP Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Well impressed!, 13 Dec 2012
Saw my daughter's friend with a pair of these on for cosmetic doo da and asked where did she buy them......Amazon...... so got onto it! as I wear glasses/contact lenses I phoned my optician and asked could I have my lens script put into a pair of frames that I have and they said no problem. Wondered what they would say when I took them along they didn't ask where I got them, nor did they comment on the make (quality seems to me vg) and this is a well known high street chain of opticians, so I never said! lol or how much they cost.....well pleased. I saw a similar pair in the optician "Wayfarer" and they were nearly £100, So I reckon I got a fab bargain, delighted!......I always knew there was a huge mark-up on frames, opticians have a captive audience don't they?..........well it seems things have changed with competition!!!!! Well done Amazon. Brill

The Relief Of Belsen [DVD]
The Relief Of Belsen [DVD]
Dvd ~ Iain Glen

5.0 out of 5 stars Having visited the memorial, 14 Jun 2011
This review is from: The Relief Of Belsen [DVD] (DVD)
I had the opportunity to visit the Beregen Belsen Memorial in May 2011, what a life changing experience it was for us. A family member is stationed there, so we (my partner and I) spent a lot of time in the area. The memorial.......we found out a lot more info by just talking to folks in the book shop/cafe at the memorial, which was first class. This DVD gives you the perspective of the British Troops and how they coped & realised the mistakes that were being made with the then lack of medical knowledge (don't wish to give too much away). Filmed in a documentry style drama...so the camera work is a bit odd only because it zooms in here and there not a criticism just that i did not know what to expect of the film, pleasantly surprised and also added to our already gained knowledge. The British Army Barracks at Bergen Belsen has the name Glynn Hughes as you enter the camp, I saw this and wondered who he was.....now I know. Would recommend purely because of the fact that I was keen to see a film adaptation of how the British soldiers managed with the horrors/famine that they found in April 1945, learning some extra facts as well. So worth a visit.....Anne Frank and members of her family are buried there.........a decent film....well worth the watch at the price....lest we forget!