Profile for MaverikUK > Reviews

USB Digital TV Receiver
USB Digital TV Receiver

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget for the laptop, 29 Oct 2007
This review is from: USB Digital TV Receiver
I purchased this to use with my laptop whilst on the boat/caravan and use it in conjunction with a Philex Compact wideband aerial with built in signal booster, available cheapest at tlc-direct. I get 60 plus channels (radio/tv) and the aerial doesnt even need to be spot on, we put the aerial in a pole and it's usually about 8ft high. Not all the channels are that usable but certainly BBC/ITV/Sky/Channel5 ranges are and it's great being stuck in the middle of nowhere to get your news etc. Software is so,so anjd I suffered a few lock outs which required shutdown of the program via *end now* as it had locked up completely, however a reboot was not needed. Standard aerial is next to useless, as is the remote. The record and capture function is very good. Great for when you're stuck out in the wilds and dont want to buy an LCD/TV/DVD player, use the laptop. FREECOM as a company really suck these days (they used to be the best) customer service is zero, and I had to contact the headquarters in Europe to kick them up to sort out some hard drive issues we had elsewhere (dead on arrival) hopefully you wont need them anyway, as the Amazon service is excellent for returns. Cant lose.

Freecom Digital TV DVB-T USB Stick Freeview receiver, black
Freecom Digital TV DVB-T USB Stick Freeview receiver, black

4.0 out of 5 stars Great gadget for the laptop, 29 Oct 2007

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Fine if you have NO aerial whatsoever, 17 Oct 2007
It does work although positioning is critical despite what the rubbish manual states. It replaces your existing aerial, so no signal boost here. You cant beat a proper aerial, but if due to circumstance you cant have one, then this one works average. 19 quid on QVC at the mo. Build quality is poor.

Freecom Hard Drive 400GB USB-2, silver
Freecom Hard Drive 400GB USB-2, silver

1.0 out of 5 stars Freecom rubbish, 16 Oct 2007
Dead on arrival and the Freecom UK support was terrible, ignoring phone calls, messages and emails to various departments. Finally had to write to the Euro HQ who kicked them up the backside and made them refund my money. Keep away from them. The warranty is worthless, and a promise is a comfort to a fool!

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish company., 9 Oct 2007
This drive was dead on arrival insomuch laptop recognised it as a faulty USB device. Desktop PC recognised it sort of, but as a USB-1 device. Fortunately I already have an FHD-3 where I could swap power supplies, USB cable etc to confirm it was a piece of junk. That's OK it happens, Freecom will sort it out........ err NO ALL DAY I have been trying to contact them. Left messages with real people and on answerphones that promise to return calls, they never did.

They have just lost a loyal Freecom customer of many years. I wouldnt touch them again with a bargepole. The FHD-3 was marked as a 2006 model, so obviously a return/refurb and certainly NOT new!

Freecom FHD-3 400GB 7200rpm External USB & Firewire Hard Drive

1.0 out of 5 stars FREECOM RUBBISH wouldnt touch them ever again, 9 Oct 2007

The Beyondness of Things
The Beyondness of Things
Price: 13.25

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry but I just didnt like it! Not a patch on "Somewhere In Time", 25 Sep 2007
I bought this after reading reviews here, and also on discovering one of my fav films "Somewhere In Time" had a CD soundtrack, which is priceless. This CD is good, but there is no magic, no soul, no free passage to another realm, unlike the film sountrack.

I also bought the book by Matheson on the back of the film, and boy is he a weird writer! His style sucks. The director of "Somewhere in Time" read the book and decided he must make a film of it, much to our good fortune.

It really was a question of being in the right place at the right time. A very rare alignment of director (film), J Barry (music) and Matheson (book) but sadly I dont think the magic could ever be repeated.

Still it was fun trying.

Coast - BBC Series 3 (New Packaging) [DVD] [2005]
Coast - BBC Series 3 (New Packaging) [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Oliver Clark (III)
Offered by Supertainment
Price: 15.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as series one, but better than series two., 25 Sep 2007
Series one was the benchmark, simply sumptious in presentation and picture quality.

Series two was a poor relation, let down on graphic and picture quality, as well as DVD presentation/chapters.

Series three was better than two but not quite as good as one.

Regardless grab all three.

Coast 2 - BBC Series 2 (New Packaging) [DVD] [2005]
Coast 2 - BBC Series 2 (New Packaging) [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Nicholas Crane

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as series 1 and 3 in presentation or graphics., 25 Sep 2007
Still an excellent addition to any collection, and great fun to watch. Sadly graphics and CD presentation was poor compared to series one and three, and even the filming was of a poorer quality.

Series one was sumptous and a well deserved 10/10
Series Three was excellent at 8/10
This one, series three only gets 6/10 from me I'm afraid.

Page: 1 | 2