Profile for Colin White > Reviews

Brass - The Complete Series [DVD] [1983]
Brass - The Complete Series [DVD] [1983]
Dvd ~ Timothy West

5.0 out of 5 stars As you know., 14 Aug 2014
As fresh today as it was yesterday. Wonderful overacting with occasional dead pan commentary to the camera. Amusing catchphrases abound.

Old Harry's Game: The Complete Series 1-7 Boxset (BBC Audio)
Old Harry's Game: The Complete Series 1-7 Boxset (BBC Audio)
by Andy Hamilton
Edition: Audio CD

4.0 out of 5 stars Just one disappointment, 10 Mar 2013
The story lines are brilliant, the humour is top notch and the contemporary references to events and people should not be too obscure for many Brits. I am very happy with this purchase as I no longer have to wait for the replays on Radio 4 Extra.

Delivery was through Parcel Force, no complaint there.

The disappointment? Somewhere along the production line somebody thought it would be a "good idea" to break up what is a 30 minute radio program into up to 10 tracks. I cannot see any need for this and it makes ripping a pain.

This may not be an issue for anyone else and to be honest it did not spoil my enjoyment of the product.

Hawkwind Live 74
Hawkwind Live 74

2.0 out of 5 stars Media copy protected, 3 Aug 2008
This review is from: Hawkwind Live 74 (Audio CD)
Excellent CD. Music is great and as I did not get into Hawkwind until '79 a great opportunity to listen to an early live session.

Why only 2 stars? The media is copy protected, shame on Amazon for not stating this. The in car CD player does not like the CD and my default music manager would not add it to my library. My secondary music manager did add it apart from the last track which it claimed was damaged. Using a third app I managed to get that one as well.

A good album for the collection and am happy now it's on my Walkman but it was not the normally smooth import process we all expect.