Profile for ChrisH > Reviews

Simply The Best Nanny and Grandad Mugs, Matching Pair by MugBug
Simply The Best Nanny and Grandad Mugs, Matching Pair by MugBug
Offered by MugBug

2.0 out of 5 stars Two Stars, 7 Oct 2014
Very poor glaze quality means they stain very easily and need more than the usual washing for daily use.

Paul Daniels: Under No Illusion - My Autobiography
Paul Daniels: Under No Illusion - My Autobiography

3.0 out of 5 stars I like it, but not a lot!, 3 Mar 2014
Worth a read. I wouldn't rescue it in a fire but it's not bad. A good biography is hard to find these days.

Rogue Waves
Rogue Waves
Offered by Fulfillment Express

4.0 out of 5 stars There's only one Terry Reid, 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Rogue Waves (Audio CD)
Not his best album but it's Terry Reid, probably one of the most wasted talents in the history of rock and roll. There but for the grace of God goes a superstar.

Beyond the Limit
Beyond the Limit

1.0 out of 5 stars Save your money., 3 Mar 2014
This review is from: Beyond the Limit (Kindle Edition)
One of the most boring and poorly written books I have ever endured. Was hoping for insights and anecdotes, what I got as an endless list of doctors names and specialities. This man must have had a fascinating and unique position in F1 and yet the book fails almost completely to share any of the experience. A complete waste of time and money.

Let Me Tell You About Alex - Crazy Days and Nights on the Road with the Hurricane: Wild Days and Nights on the Road with the World's Greatest Snooker Player Alex 'Hurricance' Higgins

2.0 out of 5 stars Just about worth £1.99., 24 May 2013
Pretty poorly written and no new material. So many references to what was to come later in the book I felt like reading from back to front. Average player, average celebrity, average writer - just average really.

Seve: Golf's Flawed Genius (The Updated Definitive Biography)
Seve: Golf's Flawed Genius (The Updated Definitive Biography)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing. A poorly ordered mixture of statistics and little insight., 20 Jan 2013
The first part consisted of a stream of places, dates and statistics which jumped around in time. The second part started to reveal something of the man but again didn't follow any chronological order. I read it to the end as much out of hope and stubbornness as of enjoyment and enlightenment. I don't feel that I know much more about the man than I did before I read the book. I wouldn't buy it again or recommend it against the many many biographies I have read of other sportsmen.

Call The Midwife: A True Story Of The East End In The 1950S
Call The Midwife: A True Story Of The East End In The 1950S

5.0 out of 5 stars Very readable, 9 Sep 2012
I really enjoyed this book, so much so that I've since bought all the authors other titles. Well written, easy to read and an interesting slice of social history.

Cap and Lid Opener
Cap and Lid Opener
Offered by Andrew James UK LTD - Xmas Delivery Available On Orders Placed By 22nd December

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, does everything it claims, 9 Sep 2012
This review is from: Cap and Lid Opener
Not too much to say about a very simple item except that it works well and does what it's designed to do. Will be used daily in our kitchen.

Kettler Hurricane Go Kart
Kettler Hurricane Go Kart

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid construction - excellent value, 9 Sep 2012
This review is from: Kettler Hurricane Go Kart (Toy)
Really well made, easy to assemble and my 6 years old grandson loves it. Pneumatic rubber tyres means it rides well over rough ground. I would recommend this highly to anyone.

Think BIG and Kick Ass in Business and Life
Think BIG and Kick Ass in Business and Life

1.0 out of 5 stars Probably the worst supposed "advice" book ever written, 29 July 2012
This book has got to be right up there as the worst form of rip off ever sold. It's philosophy of life and business is deeply sad and twisted and could only come from a cheap huckster who has bullied and cheated his way to riches - riches, not success, as I deem success to be far more than material wealth. It's just horribly written by a horrible man out to get a few more cheap dollars into his fat wallet and to flatter his already inflated ego. I don't do religion but if anything were ever to turn me towards it it would be books like this that exalt mamon over goodness. The haircut should have been enough of a warning and I'm sad that I added even one farthing to this mans wealth. You can guess I won't be wasting any more money on buying anything else this idiot writes. Now sue me Donald.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 27, 2013 9:36 AM BST