Profile for JohnK > Reviews

JohnK

A Long And Lonely Road
A Long And Lonely Road

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful book, 20 Dec. 2013
Another great from Katie Flynn just cant put it down. She has a wonderful way of bringing to life living in the between war year and on into WW2

The Wasp Factory
The Wasp Factory

3.0 out of 5 stars The wasp Factory, 12 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Wasp Factory (Kindle Edition)
This was interesting i had not in the past read any other books by this author
I must say that I would not rush to read others. The work can highly recommended but I did not fit it totally absorbing which is strange as he is a well read author.

The Casual Vacancy
The Casual Vacancy

3.0 out of 5 stars Casual Vacancy, 12 Nov. 2013
Found it interesting but could not get the thought of her harry potter books out of my mind and it did not really gel with me it is a very involved book and it was difficult to hold the large number of relationships involved would not readily draw me to future books by the author

The Secret Keeper
The Secret Keeper

3.0 out of 5 stars The Secret Keeper, 12 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Secret Keeper (Kindle Edition)
This was OK but did not flow as well as Kate Mortons usual work, It was however a good read but did not hold me as her books usually do.

Bomb Girls - Britain's Secret Army: The Munitions Women of World War II
Bomb Girls - Britain's Secret Army: The Munitions Women of World War II

4.0 out of 5 stars Bomb Girls, 12 Nov. 2013
Found this very absorbing a very good in depth explanation of life for young girls i WW2 it reinforces the need for some recognition of the work that these girls did to support our troops on the front line. very we presented.

A History of Modern Britain
A History of Modern Britain

4.0 out of 5 stars A History of Moder Britain, 8 Nov. 2012
This is a good read brings back memory's from the past and fills in all the gaps which have developed over the years, It is a job to put it down I read it on the train and have frequently come close to missing my stop due to the book. I would recommend it to anyone who has a basic interest in modern history. Just waiting now for the History of the world to be brought into e reader I will certainly go for that having experienced this example.