Profile for GilesB > Reviews

Content by GilesB

GilesB "SkreeM" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Belkin N300 Wall Plug Mounted Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender/Wireless Signal Booster

4.0 out of 5 stars This little device is unobtrusive and very easy to configure, 20 July 2016
This little device is unobtrusive and very easy to configure, I managed to get it working in all of 3 minutes. The wifi Signal is good and I've​ not had any problems whilst using it for nearly 3 months.

Lumsing Quick Charge 2.0 Multi-Port USB Wall Charger,33W Charging Station Dock, 1 Port QC2.0 + 3 Port with Smart IC Technology, 4 Port Wall Charging Hub for SmartPhones-Grey
Offered by Great Conqueror

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 July 2016
Excellent device, works really well and charges my Galaxy note 4 super quick on the QC 2 port.

LG HE4 18650 2500 mAh 35 A 3.7 V IMR High Drain Flat Top Battery (Pack of 2)
LG HE4 18650 2500 mAh 35 A 3.7 V IMR High Drain Flat Top Battery (Pack of 2)

3.0 out of 5 stars Won't charge to 100% in my Nightcore UM20 and seem ..., 20 July 2016
Won't charge to 100% in my Nightcore UM20 and seem to run out quicker than other batteries I​ have for my Kangertech Sub box Mini

East End Hot Chilli Roasted Cashews, 250g
East End Hot Chilli Roasted Cashews, 250g

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 July 2016
Really tasty, plenty in the pack although very moreish so didn't last long.

Kellogg's Rice Krispies Squares 4 x 28g
Kellogg's Rice Krispies Squares 4 x 28g

5.0 out of 5 stars What more do you need to say about these, ..., 20 July 2016
What more do you need to say about these, they are tasty and sugary. there are 4 in a pack, and although they are called squares they are rectangular

Will keep buying :-)

Hellmann's Salad Cream, 430ml
Hellmann's Salad Cream, 430ml

5.0 out of 5 stars its taste is just better. they don't stock it at my local supermarket, 20 July 2016
I much prefer this salad cream to the leading brand, its taste is just better. they don't stock it at my local supermarket, and I'm pleased​ to find it available on Amazon

Salter 9141 WH3R Glass Body Fat Analyser Bathroom Scale
Salter 9141 WH3R Glass Body Fat Analyser Bathroom Scale

4.0 out of 5 stars They were easy to set-up and store 2 people's height/age/gender took me ..., 20 July 2016
They were easy to set-up and store 2 people's height/age/gender took me all of about 2 minutes :-)

I weighed my self, and as much as i don't like the BMI and body fat readings they are probably accurate. the weight measurement it's self was approx 1lbs less than my previous scales, although i had been chasing pokemon for a week so there is a possibility i have actually lost weight.

Overall i think these are excellent value for money, and seem to be well made.

Dead Hunger IX: The Cleansing
Dead Hunger IX: The Cleansing

5.0 out of 5 stars A fitting finale, 7 Feb. 2016
It was with trepidation I started to read this book. Knowing it was to be the final installment in the tale of Flex, Gem and Co. Had me worried; had the author tired of these characters? Would their end be their demise? Would they go out with a bang or a whimper? I know I don't have any right to question the author on how he runs his series, but I feel connected to these characters and this world; I have given many hours of my life to their adventures so these worries were real.

I'm happy to report that no matter what reservations I had when I picked the book up, my fears were unfounded. The adventure within these pages is if anything more action packed than the previous eight books, every single plot point was well thought through and contributed to the overall arc of the story. As I have come to expect from the books in this series the action is interspersed with great humorous interplay between the characters and their interaction always feels so real.

I'm not going to tell you what happens in this book, I'm not even going to hint any more than I have. Sufficed to say it is a fitting end to the journey we've been on and I recommend you read it now.

If you're reading this review and haven't read numbers 1 to 8 go and do that now, then come back and read the one I've reviewed I promise you won't be disappointed.

Vante Wallet Ninja 18 in 1 Multi-purpose Credit Card Size Pocket Tool
Vante Wallet Ninja 18 in 1 Multi-purpose Credit Card Size Pocket Tool
Offered by Vante, Inc

4.0 out of 5 stars What a really useful addition to my wallet, 11 Jan. 2016
I was pleasantly surprised by this, I originally bought it for my Wife's secret santa, but I must have looked impressed as she bought me one too.

It's a really solidly made bit of kit with many uses, I'm always looking for a screwdriver or small spanner at work and never have one just in my pocket but now I do. Only 2 comments that prevent me giving 5 stars would be that there is no true answer to Phillips head screws and if the screw is recessed it is almost impossible to access with this.

Fry Zombie Fry (I Zombie Book 6)
Fry Zombie Fry (I Zombie Book 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars Another excellent installment in this unique series see's Bethany's struggle against ..., 6 Sept. 2015
Another excellent installment in this unique series see's Bethany's struggle against the Zero Day Collective reach new levels whilst also seeing the lows that human society may produce in an apocalyptic situation.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8