Profile for Mr. B. K. Edmunds > Reviews

Content by Mr. B. K. Edmunds

Mr. B. K. Edmunds "Brian_E" (United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
God's Not Dead [DVD]
God's Not Dead [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kevin Sorbo Willie Robertson

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but somewhat disjointed, 19 Jan. 2015
This review is from: God's Not Dead [DVD] (DVD)
I found this film a bit hard to follow as it sometimes jumps from one seemingly-unrelated scene to another (it reminded me of the way advertisements on live TV always seem to cut in suddenly when things are getting interesting). Having said that, it is quite a decent film overall and there is some nice music towards the end, including the one that plays during the closing credits. I do think the film is somewhat far-fetched though, not because of the arguments put forth by the student challenging his atheistic professor (Kevin Sorbo) but rather, the way all the students en masse, suddenly convert to Christianity after a few presentations as to the problems with the evolutionary belief of the way everything got started. From giving such presentations myself and using excellent material to show why creation makes much more sense, I know that it can take quite a long time before believers in evolution are willing to admit that their world view could be wrong and that honest empirical science does in fact support special creation as alluded to in this movie.

geo Minim Electricity Energy Monitor
geo Minim Electricity Energy Monitor
Offered by Green Energy Options

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good electricity monitor, 12 Jan. 2015
Excellent device. Easy to use, brilliant clear display (which can automatically be shut off at night if required) and not over-complicated. It can be tuned to make it more accurate, based on actual meter readings. My only criticism is that I feel the colour of the graph should change from green to the warning colours (orange / red?) at a lower level of consumption.

Cliff Richard & The Shadows: The Final Reunion (2009) [DVD]
Cliff Richard & The Shadows: The Final Reunion (2009) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Cliff Richard

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cliff Concert Ever, 12 Jan. 2015
This makes a brilliant companion to the DVD "The Shadows - The Final Tour". It's wonderful to hear Cliff playing all his earlier material (much better than some of his later stuff, with a few notable exceptions). Cliff sings most of the songs pretty close to the original arrangements, but where there are some changes, they are generally enhancements. For instance, the song "I Love You", which occurs approximately 1h 35m into the concert has some nice keyboard backing and also some great backing vocals (sounds like Shh Na Na or something similar, which they also end the song with as it happens) which really add depth to the original song. And finally, I now have a brilliant recording of Cliff singing "The Young Ones", which has always been one of my favourites and a great way to end such a wonderful concert. Overall, Cliff and The Shadows have never sounded better and it's nice to hear Cliff comment that he and The Shadows have re-found their connection (or words to that effect). Highly recommended.

DrayTek Vigor 2760n ADSL2+/VDSL2 Wireless N Router Firewall with 4 Gigabit LAN ports
Offered by PixelHeaven

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing performance, 16 Nov. 2014
I bought one of these (from Broadbandbuyer, another well-known and reputable seller) for the excellent GlobalView filtering (which I had used before on one of this product's predecessors - the excellent Vigor 2110n) and also for the fact that there are so many options that you can configure. Sadly, the hardware wasn't of the same quality. For a start, there was no 5Ghz band (which I knew about before purchasing it, but I was willing to take a chance on a single-band router, for the features mentioned above). In addition, the 2.4Ghz band was unreliable and often dropped out, and in different parts of my house (which isn't a large house by any stretch of the imagination) and with different devices. My son also reported that his online gaming was awful, lots of lag and stutter. I tried changing the wireless channel and making sure it was set to the correct narrow (20) bandwidth to avoid interference with neighbouring wi-fi signals, but it didn't make any difference. The bottom line - If I can't get a refund then this is going in the bin as I'm not going to try to sell it on to someone else; that wouldn't be fair.

TP-Link TL-WPA4220T KIT AV500 Powerline 300M Wi-Fi Extender/Wi-Fi Booster/Hotspot with Two Ethernet Ports, Three Units Pack (Easy Configuration, Wi-Fi Clone for Smartphone/Tablets/Laptop)

1.0 out of 5 stars Be prepared in case of major network problems, 14 Nov. 2014
I had high hopes for this but unfortunately, the Wi-Fi clone feature didn't work for me, so I had to resort to trying to use the setup utility provided on the mini CD (as suggested by the support technician). Initially, I thought I had got it sorted, but then I lost my Internet connection and I couldn't even connect to my router. I had to resort to restoring my entire PC from an Acronis disc image in order to get my Internet and router connection back. So, it's probably great when it all works, but don't be surprised if you have some major problems.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 16, 2014 11:58 PM GMT

Doro PhoneEasy 622 UK Sim Free Mobile Phone - Burgundy/White (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Hearing Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent little flip phone., 26 Oct. 2014
The quality of this phone appears to be very good (apart from the camera, which is rubbish) and the styling is easy on the eye. The buttons have a nice feel to them and the phone is simple to operate. Synchronising with the Web site makes adding contacts and photos a snap. The charging station is a nice feature too. A bit pricey, but I think it's worth it.

TrueCall - The Nuisance Call Blocker
TrueCall - The Nuisance Call Blocker
Offered by DST (UK) LTD Established 1999

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, but could be improved., 26 Oct. 2014
The features provided by this unit are excellent, but it is let down somewhat by the quality of the recordings. Also, it would be useful if it were designed for wall mounting as well (I have managed to achieve that by using blu-tak and supporting the weight of the unit on some cable trunking, but that then means that the function buttons are reversed).

Laurus Outdoor Post Light 10w
Laurus Outdoor Post Light 10w
Offered by Selectalight

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality not too brilliant, 26 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Laurus Outdoor Post Light 10w
These are OK but one of the units is already misting up quite badly, so the quality is not as good as I was expecting.

Nicna 10A Wall Socket with 2 USB Power Outlet - White
Nicna 10A Wall Socket with 2 USB Power Outlet - White
Offered by Fotga

3.0 out of 5 stars OK when fitted, but some surprises during the installation., 26 Oct. 2014
These were harder to install than I thought they was going to be. I fixed the surface-mounting boxes (which I obtained from Homebase a few days earlier) and threaded the wires through to connect to the two units I had purchased. Then came the first problem - the boxes were not deep enough, so I had to ride out to a local Screwfix store and purchase two deeper boxes (45mm depth rather than the 37mm boxes I already had). So, out came the wires again, followed by refixing the new boxes and rewiring the units. Then came problem number 2 - the supplied screws would not fit either the new boxes or the original ones, so they are obviously not to any British Standard. Luckily, I managed to find some screws that I had previously saved and that allowed me to finish the job. So what I thought was going to take me about an hour or so to do, actually took up most of the morning.

Norton Internet Security 21.0 - 3 Computers, 1 Year Subscription (PC) [2014 Edition] [Frustration-Free Packaging]

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent so far, 6 Sept. 2014
My first impressions are that this is a first-rate security product. It's the only internet security product I have tried which has not either slowed down my PC or blocked access to my network cloud storage device or caused problems with other programs (e.g., Mailwasher) or blocked boot-time disk repairs. I've tried Avast AV, Bullguard IS, AVG (AV OK but IS caused problems), Amiti AV to name just some. The only problem I have had with Norton is an old PC is still registered to my account and I am having to liaise with Norton technical support to try to get it removed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10