Profile for JB > Reviews

JB

My Movies for Android Pro
My Movies for Android Pro

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic app, 3 Jan 2013
This review is from: My Movies for Android Pro (App)
I've tried a couple of different movie catalogue apps, this is definitely the best. If you put in the slightly time consuming effort at the start to get your whole collection logged its very easy to maintain, Nd it looks great. Plenty of information available about each title too.

Chord TU-50 Pedal Guitar Tuner
Chord TU-50 Pedal Guitar Tuner
Offered by EESMusic

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent, but obviously cheap., 4 July 2012
Bought one of these to replace a multi effect unit (which was only in my chain for the tuner function) and it does the job most of the time. Struggles with the low E a lot for some reason and lately I've been playing in full drop-B, which it really doesn't like. Also if there's too much background noise (drummers, other guitarists etc) it has a harder time picking up notes. I think it would do better if I drove the signal a little harder on the way in to the pedal but that makes my pedal setup a bit awkward, and shouldn't be necessary.

The biggest flaw I've noticed is when plugged in to the mute output there are some very unwelcome drops in signal to the amp after turning the tuner off, it fades in and out for about 30 seconds before carrying on as normal. Very strange, and unusable in a live situation. I haven't tried the un-muted output because even if it worked perfectly, I'd never use it.

So, 3 stars because in ideal situations, it works - the LEDs are very readable and it generally does what it's meant to. However I'm going to be replacing it as soon as I can be bothered spending the necessary amount for a decent tuner, I guess there is unfortunately a reason they're so expensive.

In short, perfect for bedroom use, but it's not for me.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PC DVD)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Game, 4 July 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Awesome game, multiple ways to approach objectives, great graphics, great story (so far, I'm about 8 hours in).

My system struggles occasionally in the larger hub-world sections. Nothing major just the very odd stutter but it's worth bearing in mind if you're running an older rig, mines a Phenom II x4, 8Gb 1333 and a 4870 1Gb.

Must mention I had this on my Amazon wish list for a while hoping it would get cheap enough that it wouldn't matter if I hadn't time to play it right away until Steam had it on sale for a fiver, which is were I ended up buying it. Not much of a saving considering I get nothing physical but it was cheap enough to not really mind. Saying that, it's £20 on Steam atm, and it's DEFINITELY worth £7.36 delivered!