Profile for lintzen > Reviews

Verdi : Messa Da Requiem [DVD] [2012]
Verdi : Messa Da Requiem [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Claudio Abbado/Roberto Alagna/Angela Gheorghiu

5.0 out of 5 stars Awe Inspiring - I can't say more, 14 Mar 2004
I bought this DVD because having heard sountracks of the performance and enjoyed them, I was intrigued enough to try the video.
It is difficult for a newcomer (for that describes me) to know where to start but I will try.
This interpretation by Abbado is thrilling! The soundtrack is unmeasurably enhanced by the Video. The singers, Angela Gheorghiu, Daniela Barcellona, Roberto Alagna and Julian Konstantinov give their all. To see the expressions; to experience the feeling - It is virtually as good as being at the live performance. Each time I watch it, I see something new. If you like this type of music, buy it. You will love it, each time you play it, you will appreciate it more.

French With Michel Thomas Complete Course CD
French With Michel Thomas Complete Course CD
by Michel Thomas
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Fot the first time, leaning French is interesting!, 20 May 2002
Michel Thomas method works for me! I have tried other courses including CD - some quite expensive, but for me too boring, too quickly. Michel Thomas gripped me from the start, and still does. I particularly like the way in which he builds sentence structures and the re-iteration of correct pronunciation. He makes me laugh... something I would never have believed possible when learning French.
The next time in France, for the first time, I will use French - maybe not too fluently but fully prepared to try.