Profile for babsifav > Reviews

The Thrifty Forager: Living Off Your Local Landscape
by Alys Fowler
Price: 11.89

5.0 out of 5 stars City Dweller's Foraging, 7 Nov 2011
I really like the book - of course, I do have a garden-related girl-crush on Miss Fowler ;)
If you are looking for a comprehensive field guide this is probably not your best bet. However, it is perfect for an urban environment as it particularly looks at plants commonly found in parks, abandoned city lots and alike. On top of plant descriptions the book offers basic instructions to processing ones bounty such as jam making. I found the case studies about edible landscapes to be interesting, too. Love the look, the photos are very pretty.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 1, 2012 9:28 AM BST

The Thrifty Gardener: How to Create a Stylish Garden for Next to Nothing
The Thrifty Gardener: How to Create a Stylish Garden for Next to Nothing
by Alys Fowler
Price: 13.59

4.0 out of 5 stars The realistic&relateable gardener, 3 Aug 2011
I like the book for being aimed at the scale that most of us can garden at - space and budgetwise. There are some really neat DIY ideas and i enjoy the overall tone of the book. That being said it's definitely aimed at beginners and saw me skipping over quite a few sections since I felt they contained little new to me. The part about indoor gardening and growing plants from grocery-store bought fruit is quite nice and I'm all for working with what you got/can get your hands on. Alys Fowler definitely is a gardening girl after my own heart!

Oh My Goth
Oh My Goth
by Voltaire

5.0 out of 5 stars the perks of being a teenage goth..., 13 Feb 2001
This review is from: Oh My Goth (Paperback)
if you are not familiar with goth subculture you won't find voltaire's comics funny. however, if you are, prepare to wet yourself while reading. ages ago heironymous posche was sent by the necrus to destroy the earth. but that little planet and its inhabitants (first and foremost a group of teenage goths) have grown on him and he will do anything to protect them... contains loads of sarcasm and the infamous "official oh my goth! top 13 reasons"

Judith
Judith
Price: 10.99

5.0 out of 5 stars pull me into your perfect circle, 31 Dec 2000
This review is from: Judith (Audio CD)
this band truly is a perfect circle of musicians. the first single judith is not only beautiful but also has a driving energy to it that one rarely gets to hear. the live tracks are only proof of the congeniality of these people. i mean, how often does it happen that a band (and a singer) have a live sound that even outdoes the album!?!