Profile for Terry > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
The Little Shop of Hopes and Dreams
The Little Shop of Hopes and Dreams

2.0 out of 5 stars Hardly original, 11 April 2015
Changing the wedding planner role, now a cliche that has been used to death, into a proposal planner, wasn't original enough to offset the rather clumsy plot and characterization. I read on largely because I had nothing better to do at the time. To be fair the ending was better than expected in that it was more convincing than the rest. If you want predictable it's for you, but I'm afraid that's all you'll get.

Lost Library: An Urban Fantasy Romance
Lost Library: An Urban Fantasy Romance

3.0 out of 5 stars Grows on you, 7 April 2015
The beginning of this book is very slow, and the writing poor enough to sound pretentious. If I hadn't by chance read a later book in the series I would undoubtedly have stopped reading in the first ten percentile.instead I carried on. I can't honestly say the writing is that good, but the idea behind it is rather nice and the characters are likeable. Not a book to rave about but ok when you don't want to make much effort.

The Ships of Aleph
The Ships of Aleph

5.0 out of 5 stars A deceptively simple tale., 6 April 2015
One of the joys of a novella is that you can read it in one gulp. Unfortunately that also means it is over too soon, when the story is as pleasant an experience as this one. It's hard to label the story, adult or younger, but who cares if the result is worth the time for either.

The Fall Of Shane MacKade (The MacKade Brothers - Book 4)
The Fall Of Shane MacKade (The MacKade Brothers - Book 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice series, 27 Mar. 2015
Once again Nora Roberts has produced a complete set of connected stories, with the supernatural element she has used in some of her other s, particularly the Irish settings. Always an enjoyable experience.

The Mermaid's Sister
The Mermaid's Sister

5.0 out of 5 stars Weird and wonderful, 21 Mar. 2015
This is one of the magical ones that refuse to fit into a neat little pigeonhole. I suspect it was intended to be a middle school story but I'm not convinced it is. Although I also think the Victorian reader would find it perfectly acceptable for children. Today, who knows. Some parents may find it disturbing. Some adults may find it"beneath"them. If in doubt, read it and decide for yourself?

Sweet Tea and Secrets (An Adams Grove Novel Book 1)
Sweet Tea and Secrets (An Adams Grove Novel Book 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars Book one, not as good as the later one I read first., 19 Mar. 2015
I picked up this. one because it was the first in the series and I'd enjoyed the later book I happened upon. Sadly the plot here for this was much more contrived. If I'd read this first I probably wouldn't have gone to another,but as I didn't I may keep going and test one more.

Barbecue and Bad News (An Adams Grove Novel Book 6)
Barbecue and Bad News (An Adams Grove Novel Book 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars First look, 18 Mar. 2015
I hadn't read any of this writer's books before so I had no expectations. In fact it was pure chance I picked up this one.
But I will definitely look for more. The writing is fun, with that feel good factor everyone needs when they just want to relax and take the easy route.

Down and Dirty (Rough and Tumble Series)
Down and Dirty (Rough and Tumble Series)

4.0 out of 5 stars Nora Roberts?, 7 Mar. 2015
This one wouldn't be out of place on the shelf with some of nora Roberts romances. Yes of course the outcome is obvious but that's the point of this kind of fiction. Getting there was a fun journey.

Bridged (Callahan & McLane Book 2)
Bridged (Callahan & McLane Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Really enjoyed this, 27 Feb. 2015
A good pace, tight plot and characters I was rooting for added up to a very good read. I'll happily look for more from this author

The Darkest Part of the Forest
The Darkest Part of the Forest

5.0 out of 5 stars A true fairy tale., 24 Feb. 2015
Spellbinding. Full of magical characters, even the human ones. From the first page to the last I couldn't put this book down.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8