Profile for tennisbum > Reviews

Casio Men's G-Shock Digital Watch G-7900A-4Er With Resin Strap
Offered by OOMPH
Price: 49.82

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Product, 25 Aug 2012
A good watch. But things you need to know:

1. It isn't the shiny red watch in the photo. It's a vibrant, attractive red but not the same as the photo. Don't let this put you off. The colour is great.

2. It's a big, chunky watch. If you have muscular arms it's gonna look great. I am slenderly built with thinnish arms...so it doesn't great on me...so my wife says.

3. It's fiddly to set up. The instruction book is tiny and hard to read. I found a review of the watch on Youtube which guides you thru all the features and how to set everything up. This was most useful. A video paints a thousand words...trust me...who wants to spend hours reading a manual.

4. The backlight is super. The digital readout is beautifully clear. The watch is really, really nice looking.

5. The buttons aren't fiddly like some watches. Unless you have giant fingers, you'll find the buttons easy to access.

6. I've had the watch two weeks...it hasn't lost or gained a second yet...good sign.

7. Overall the watch is great and worth the money. I have rated it four stars and not five because the colour photo on Amazon is inaccurate, it's complex to set up (a Youtube video is available...but it's a private reviewer's...not Casio's), and it isn't the best product if you don't have the right physique.

Mind the Gaffe: The Penguin Guide to Common Errors in English
Mind the Gaffe: The Penguin Guide to Common Errors in English
Price: 3.59

2.0 out of 5 stars Good book...not for a kindle, 19 Jan 2011
Mind the Gaffe is a good book, and I can highly recommend its content. Why only 2 stars? I bought it for use on my Kindle. Big mistake. Reference books are hopeless on a Kindle if they don't have a good an excellent indexing system. The table of contents is a mere list of four and hopeless for navigating to specific reference points.

DON'T BUY THIS FOR A KINDLE. BUY THE HARD COPY INSTEAD.