Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Bartleby2009" (London, UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Toy Story Battlesaurs Trixie
Toy Story Battlesaurs Trixie

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality toy but quite a neiche Toy Story role., 18 April 2015
This review is from: Toy Story Battlesaurs Trixie (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is Trixie, Bonnie's thespian triceratops introduced in Toy Story Three. She's kitted out as a 'Battlesaur' her as per her appearance in part of the Toy Story short 'Toy Story That Time Forgot [DVD]'.

This is a nice quality toy that I imagine will last a long time - she feels quite solid, sturdy and made from good quality materials. Her main body is made from hard plastic and the battlesaur gear from a softer, rubbery material that won't snap or jab.

The battlesaur gear is permanently attached, so you can't take them on and off (or lose them) has accessories - the rockets on her forelegs, which first spring loaded projectiles in the film, a similarly made of solid material permanently attached to the toy.

A nice quality toy, but battlesaur Trixie is only one very small part of the Toy Story universe. If you are buying this as a present for a Toy Story fan, I'd suggest first checking whether they have the main cast - Woody, Buzz, Rex, Slinky, and possible Bullseye and Jessie. If it's specifically Toy Story and dinosaur you are interested in, then do go for Rex first!

Interstellar [DVD] [2014]
Interstellar [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Matthew McConaughey

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but not great either, 17 April 2015
This review is from: Interstellar [DVD] [2014] (DVD)
For me, the problem with Interstellar is that it can't make up its mind whether it wants to be Armageddon or 2001: A Space Odyssey.

On the one hand there is some real effort at explaining the mind boggling realities of relativity, but on the other hand there are some glaring action film-like plot flaws - for example the astronauts need a traditional multistage rocket to blast off from Earth but then use a little lander ship to whiz, X-Wing style, off another planet that has stronger gravity than earth.

It's not a bad film - it's just OK.

UGO Portable Bluetooth Speaker
UGO Portable Bluetooth Speaker

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful to look at, hold and hear! Worth the investment., 17 April 2015
I came across a UGO promotion stand in London Victoria Train Station shortly before Christmas 2014 - I was amazed at the quality of the bass coming out of one of these little speakers amongst the noise and chaos of the station. These speakers are beautiful to hold - the body is made of solid alumnium and you can feel a deep vibration through your hand as it pushes out the sound.

They may seem a bit pricey but the quality really, really is worth it - I've got a £20 bluetooth speaker but it just doesn't compare. I use this speaker as my main source of music - in the car, in the shower, while cooking or working from home.

Not exactly a criticism, but I hope that the next generation version has micro rather than mini USB charging as most of my chargers are micro USB.

Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (Black)
Panasonic ALL3 Wireless Speaker System (Black)
Offered by TODO! TODO!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good sound to my ears but you'll need to buy a few to get the full benefit of what they have been designed for, 12 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm a plebe of the HiFi world, but I do like a bit of music while I am in the shower or while I potter around the house and to me this unit pushes out a pretty decent sound - it's clear, crisp and with good bass. I have been using it with my Moto G android, connecting direct to Amazon Music Player, without any issues.

I also have a yogurt pot sized UGO Portable Bluetooth Speaker which, while not matching the Panasonic at volume, gives it a pretty good run for its money for my humble purposes - you might not believe the feel of the sound that comes out of that little aluminium tube and you can take that with you whether you like.

However, if its the whole shebang your are after, then the greater power of the Panasonic type solution, joined with the proprietary app that comes with the Panasonic system that allows you to connect to different sister speakers in different rooms as you move around the house then give it a whirl and invest in a few of these.

Make Your Own Clock - DIY Set 31 Pieces
Make Your Own Clock - DIY Set 31 Pieces
Offered by Venture Blue

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended for would-be engineers!, 12 April 2015
All the parts serve an explicable purpose, there's no glue, screws or sticking involved, lending itself well to quick dis-assembly to be made again another day. We've had this toy for about a month and have build and rebuilt it about six times at my four year old daughter's request!

I'm not sure on an appropriate age guide - we had talked to M about gears and cogs from children's 'see inside' books and then bought this toy as a way of consolidating that learning. The whole things fits together and works at it is supposed to, but it's a bit fiddly the first time around and the instructions aren't as clear as they might be (hence four stars rather than five), and so I'd recommend it as a joint parent and child activity even with older primary school aged children, at least the first time around.

Tobar Starlight Projector
Tobar Starlight Projector
Offered by MMP Living

5.0 out of 5 stars Works really nicely, very good value., 12 April 2015
This review is from: Starlight Projector (Toy)
Pretty decent, sharp projection in a normal sized bedroom plus the small size and flat shape is really stable and doesn't take up much space. To turn the project on you push the dome down and to turn it off you push it down again - you can use your foot or hands. The auto-power off feature is really handy for using as a bedtime nightlight. You'll need 4 AA batteries.

NIVEA Cellular Anti-Age Skin Rejuvenation Eye Cream - 15 ml
NIVEA Cellular Anti-Age Skin Rejuvenation Eye Cream - 15 ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me feel a bit less tired!, 12 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Having oily skin, I suffered from spots early but my skin has stayed relatively youthful into my 30s. However, I'm aging more like a human being than a Hollywood Star, a process accelerated by having adorable but demanding four year old and a one year old hanging off me, and I look and feel pretty tired a lot of the time.

I have found that some basic skin products like this one make me look, and therefore to an extent feel, a bit fresher and less tired in the mornings - not sure if it's the science or the ritual, but it is helping!

Nutrifiz 20 Effervescent Vegan & Vegetarian Wheatgrass Tablets for Energy, Immune Support and Antioxidant
Offered by Nutrifiz Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing feel good factor, 4 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I took these each day for a month - they taste pretty good and the effervescent is immediately refreshing. I'm not sure on what the impact on my overall well being has been though - I was previously taking berocca tablets and haven't noticed either a deterioration or an improvement!

Sage Instant Financial Package 2015 (PC)
Sage Instant Financial Package 2015 (PC)

5.0 out of 5 stars The right tool for the right job, 4 April 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Sage software may seem a bit of an extravagance upfront for a small business, and you do have to put a bit of time into using it the first time round (it's worth getting Sage Instant Accounts For Dummies as a guide), but once you get the knack of it then you'll spend less of your own and your accountant's time (being money) on both compliance financial administration while helping you to maintain a grip of your day to day financial position, enabling smarter business decisions around stock, staff and services lines.

ByteStor Pro 16GB 40Mbps Class 10 High Speed Micro SDHC UHS-1 Card with SDHC Card Adapter

4.0 out of 5 stars Fast transfer speeds and no problem swapping between camera phone, SLR and laptop., 27 Mar. 2015
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've tried using this in my Cannon SLR and in my phone and haven't had an compatibility issues - upload speeds on my laptop (MacBook Pro running Picasa) seem pretty decent too - very happy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20