Profile for NJ > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
The Manner of Men: 9 PARA's Heroic D-Day Mission
The Manner of Men: 9 PARA's Heroic D-Day Mission

5.0 out of 5 stars 9 Para's Heroes, 30 Aug 2014
A great read of the forming and training of the paratroopers during WWll and their involvement in the D Day assault. I love finding books like this that pick up on different areas of battles and not just the bigger picture. One gets to read about real people and their experiences.

Blood on the Cobbles: A Victorian True-Murder Casebook
Blood on the Cobbles: A Victorian True-Murder Casebook

4.0 out of 5 stars A truely Victorian Murder, 30 Aug 2014
I love social and criminal history from the Victorian era. Each account kept me reading and no sooner than I turned the last page I was back on Kindle to by the next volume

Savage Continent: Europe in the Aftermath of World War II
Savage Continent: Europe in the Aftermath of World War II

5.0 out of 5 stars Hell, 22 July 2014
If you read non fiction and you enjoy WWII books this is a fascinating, ugly and shocking account of the aftermath of the war and the retaliations, land grabs and appalling mess that Europe was left in.

Diary of Samuel Pepys - Complete
Diary of Samuel Pepys - Complete

2.0 out of 5 stars Dangerous read, 22 July 2014
I have thought about reading Sam's diary for some time and thought as it was free I would take the plunge. As yet I don't really feel I am getting into the diary as such. There is a lot of academic explanation that interrupts the flow and trying to read it on a Kindle in bed at night is a dangerous pastime as each time I slip into slumber I smack my chops with a heavy electrical device.
I'll keep going it might improve.

Access to History: Politics, Presidency and Society in the USA 1968-2001
Access to History: Politics, Presidency and Society in the USA 1968-2001
by Vivienne Sanders

5.0 out of 5 stars Edumacational, 27 Jun 2014
Daughter used this to study A level history. Got a B. If anyone wants it at a second hand price then send me a message.

Beloved
Beloved
by Toni Morrison
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars By whom?, 27 Jun 2014
This review is from: Beloved (Mass Market Paperback)
Never bought this and I don't know anyone in my household who would. I don't have any more to say on the subject.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 24, 2014 10:05 PM BST

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

1.0 out of 5 stars Who is Kanye West, 27 Jun 2014
I never bought this. Haven't a clue who he or she is. I'll be checking with my daughter if she purchased this otherwise I want my money back!

Escape From Auschwitz
Escape From Auschwitz

4.0 out of 5 stars Moving, 27 Jun 2014
What horror and unimaginable suffering. How on earth anyone survived the appalling treatment these Russian prisoners had in Auschwitz. A well written book that keeps you engaged

LazyFrog® 15 Designs Ladies Fashion Infection Control Silicone Nurses Midwives Doctors Brooch Tunic Fob Quartz Pocket Watch - Free Battery Included (Pink Dial)
Offered by Quasaro

3.0 out of 5 stars Watch it, 27 Jun 2014
Thought I'd try this one rather than the usual rubber watch that I normally get. A little too pink and rather cheap looking but for the price OK. It tells the time and won't be a great loss once its been torn off uniform or subjected to a 50 degree wash, which is the usual outcome after a hard 12 hour shift.

Hanns and Rudolf: The German Jew and the Hunt for the Kommandant of Auschwitz
Hanns and Rudolf: The German Jew and the Hunt for the Kommandant of Auschwitz

5.0 out of 5 stars Horrors of the Nazis, 8 May 2014
Still reading this but a book that I want to keep reading. Two stories running side by side of the persecuted Jews and the rise of a Nazis through the ranks and their eventual clash.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7