Profile for Kat > Reviews

Ketevan
Ketevan
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars A modern classic, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Ketevan (Audio CD)
Katie Melua's velvet voice, combined with haunting melodies and deep lyrics which you just can't help but pay complete undivided attention to, makes this album one of the must-haves of the year.

"I Will Be There" has to be my favourite song of the entire year. Katie's voice sings this like no one else could.

My only criticism of this album would be that the full orchestral version of 'I Will Be There' isn't featured on this album - such a shame! I would definitely suggest buying the mp3 along with this album. The full concert recording is utter perfection!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful little mug, 2 Dec 2013
This small sized mug feels light (but of good quality) and has an elegant feel to it. If you're one of those coffee drinkers who finds coffee tastes so much better when sipped from a lovely mug, then this for you!

NOTE

Just zoom in on the image of the mug pictured to give you a better impression of the design. It's not quite the plain white background you'd expect. It's a kind of beige texture which only the close-up accurately portrays.

Denby Azure Coast Large Curve Mug 10cm
Denby Azure Coast Large Curve Mug 10cm
Offered by Celebrations of Turriff

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful colours, 2 Dec 2013
I love the design of this mug from colour to shape. It's just the type of mug you want to clutch in your hands while snuggling on the sofa in winter.

I've received lots of compliments on the design of the mug from friends as well. Feels sturdy and of very high quality.

Uso de la gramatica espanola intermedio. Gramática y ejercicios de sistematización para estudiantes de E.L.E. / Buch
by Francisca Castro
Edition: Perfect Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Dec 2013
In case it wasn't obvious from the description and cover: this book is entirely in Spanish, no English keywords to be seen. Zilch, zip, nada.

I just thought I'd get that warning out of the way in case anyone was confused about what they were purchasing!

This textbook is very well thought out with clear, concise grammar points and examples in context for all those parts of grammar you weren't so sure on but didn't know who to ask!

Another note: I would definitely order the answer key ("clave") booklet - it can be slightly depressing working through lots of exercises and wondering whether you've possibly misunderstood the grammar explanation entirely! They key is definitely worth buying simultaneously - although I would keep an eye out for a couple of slight errors which no answer key in the history of the world seems to be able to avoid!

Good luck with your Spanish!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nice set BUT small, 1 Dec 2013
Of course the size of the hip flask is stated in the description but some people often misjudge what that value actually translates to in terms of how much alcohol you can carry with you in your hip flask: in this case it's 3oz which is 85ml (about 3/4 shot glasses) so bear that in mind!

That out of the way, this is a very smart gift set. I bought it for my twenty year old brother and he was chuffed with it. So if it's just a little cool present you're after, then this is for you.

Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (discontinued by manufacturer)
Klipsch iGroove HG iPod Speaker System Black (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars Bass too heavy, 1 Dec 2013
I find these speakers work great with my iPod classic but as soon as I try and use my nano with the adapter, the sound quality goes straight downhill and often switches between loud with lots of feedback and no sound at all.

Another downside is the fact that there's no way to control the bass of the speakers so even when I listen to music at a normal volume in my room - you can hear the loud thumping of the beat from the other side of the house! If that's what you're after - constant heavy bass - then these are perfect, but otherwise you'll be inundated with complaints by neighbours/housemates/flatmates every time you play a track.

Clarks Womens Casual Clarks Macay Holly Leather Boots In Black
Clarks Womens Casual Clarks Macay Holly Leather Boots In Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Heeled yet practical!, 1 Dec 2013
Finally a beautiful heeled boot that is actually sturdy and comfortable to walk in! I often forget I'm wearing heels when I walk down the street in them - they're so comfy! I've walked the length and breadth of my town in these and I have no complaints.

The leather has a dark and distressed look which the photos don't quite do justice to: it looks fantastic.

I have been wearing these everywhere. I would definitely recommend them. Excellent quality and value for money.

Clarks  Orinoco Club Boots Womens
Clarks Orinoco Club Boots Womens
Price: £44.99 - £94.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I wanted, 1 Dec 2013
Stylish, sturdy and comfortable - you can't go wrong with these beautiful boots!

* Note: I would suggest you buy a size larger than your usual shoe size as I found mine a little too tight. *

Due to the soft material of the boots, I do find that I have quite a lot of visible creases/distress marks across the front, so if you are after a solid boot which barely bends then these probably aren't for you.

Although I have to say that the creases aren't incredibly obvious against the black colour of the boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 1 Dec 2013
For those of you who, like me, worry that the item pictured will not match up to the item that arrives on your doorstep, fear not: the colour of these brogues is exactly as pictured.

I can't compliment the quality of Clarks shoes highly enough, and these brogues are no exception. The smooth finish makes cleaning them and keeping them looking brand new incredibly easy.

The leather and the soles and the heels feel like such a good quality; I always feel fantastic when wearing them! I receive endless compliments.

The price might deter some from these shoes but trust me when I say that you are paying for some of the best quality shoes out there. No flimsy, easy-breaking shoes here! Just good old-fashioned quality, mixed with modern style.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 1 Dec 2013
I cannot express how much I love these shoes.

It's hard to tell from a photo the true hue of the wine colour of these shoes but trust me: it is gorgeous.

A deep wine colour with a smart glossy finish, another beautiful design by Clarks, and excellent quality ...What's not to love? They instantly make every outfit that much smarter and unique, no matter what your style.

The price may at first seem a little steep but you are getting value, quality and style for every penny.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5