Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "***" (The Garden of Wales)

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars As sold by Del boy..., 18 Aug. 2014
This has to be the worst DAB set. Extra money had to be spent on adequate connectors.It worked initially for approx
1 month.Then nothing.Checked and double checked fittings,Ariel etc but to no avail.I have been using the cd player and the USB
feature which works fine.But as far as the radio goes you might as well be on Mars.Zero reception.I actually drove and parked outside a local radio station car park.It could not find it!!!!!! Absolutely useless and a waste of money.Out of sheer frustration I purchased a larger Ariel in the hope of any improvement...wrong! Avoid like the plague...

The Royle Family - The Complete Collection (2010)  [DVD]
The Royle Family - The Complete Collection (2010) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Ricky Tomlinson
Offered by lightningdvd

3.0 out of 5 stars Great show shame about the quality!, 15 Aug. 2011
The royle family is a great series and this box set is great value.But it must be said that the quality of playback from the discs is poor.Think old VHS.Grainy picture.Not what you would expect from a tv series that was broadcast clearly digitally. Hence the 3 stars. We were a little miffed by this..it has been said that programmes have been deliberately degraded to boost sales of high definition channels.And looking at this you could almost believe it....however, it's still good value and if you ignore the playback quality it's still a good buy......

Withnail And I [Blu-ray] [1988]
Withnail And I [Blu-ray] [1988]
Dvd ~ Richard E. Grant

5.0 out of 5 stars great film but........, 11 Mar. 2011
Why in god's name isnt there any subtitles for the hard of hearing...i know ordinary mortals dont give two ticks..but
at least on the blu ray discs there should be subtitles!!!!!!!
Anyway rant over....yeah its a classic.Could watch it all day ..well on my own because my wife is deaf she doesnt count!!!!
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 13, 2014 3:11 PM GMT

Medal of Honor - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
Medal of Honor - Limited Edition (PC DVD)
Offered by SC-WHOLESALE

2.0 out of 5 stars No honor for EA Los Angeles, 30 Oct. 2010
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
I loved the first medal of honor....this is a galaxy away.Its embarrassing.And this latest version will pretty much hammer the final nail in the coffin of the MOH franchise.(Well done EA!!!) The graphics are not all that.And the gameplay is so linear its almost unplayable.Just felt like shooting my team all the time for something to do.I also felt that at times a blade of grass stopped you moving in a particular direction to quote another reviewer, its ridiculous.Whats going on at EA Los Angeles that they thought they could get away with this rubbish? It takes linear play to a whole new level.I seriously question the guys who tested this and give it a thumbs up????? What are they on?
Pointless to repeat all the other reviews just to say i totally agree... its insulting and a waste of good coin.In actual fact i was so bored i actually couldnt bring myself to play anymore than a couple of hours.It has been removed from my computer and now resides in a box destined for the charity shop.

Epiphany
Epiphany

5.0 out of 5 stars Album of my year, 23 May 2010
This review is from: Epiphany (MP3 Download)
Heard Vince mendoza on jazz fm after indulging in a few bottles of good Cabernet Serv wine...wow what an album. The London philharmonic orchestra backing vince just has to be something special.
I.m not a great fan of the rest of his work but this is something special.No question.A truly wonderful album for the money. You can't go wrong. I play this album at least twice a week and when i do people always ask me who it is!
Its obviously down to taste. But if you enjoy classical music with a blend of chilled jazz overtones. Surely this is for you.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2011 5:53 PM BST

PURE EVOKE-3, Portable Stereo DAB/FM Radio with EPG and Recording
PURE EVOKE-3, Portable Stereo DAB/FM Radio with EPG and Recording

3.0 out of 5 stars Great radio but be aware!, 11 Feb. 2010
This is a great radio.But please be aware. Pure in their infinite wisdom do not support windows 7 or mac.
Which means you can never upgrade the software....Nice....
Also having splashed out for a SDHC 16gb card (to record radio progs) i find in the instruction manual towards the back.
That they do NOT support SDHC cards.ONLY SD cards up to 2gb's!!!!! I'm fuming!
So when Amazon try to deal you into by this + that...etc for x pounds. DO NOT exceed the 2 gb storage level and do not buy a SDHC card!!!

They are not clear in the above points. And i've got an SDHC 16gb card i can never use...

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PC DVD)
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (PC DVD)
Offered by IDSS

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally amazing game, 21 Mar. 2008
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This has to be the best game i've played in years. The dissapointments and hype over such games as bioshock and crysis almost caused me to give up on games.But this game as definately restored my faith in pc games.. I could not stop playing this,the graphics are just astounding.I have a 8800gts 312mb.A pretty average machine.The sniper section blew me away.Gameplay is spot on.And the missions are very exciting.I hate to say this but its better than FEAR! which as been my favourite up to now.It took me 8 hours to complete non stop.And now that i've finished ..i'm going to start again.Its that good. Infinity have done a brilliant job.Well done guys! Total immersion and excitement rolled into one.
You have to be completely bonkers not to buy this!!!Please please release the next installment!!!!

Buffalo DriveStation - 500Gb Serial ATA (SATA) Hard Drive, External, High Speed USB 2.0 HDD

3.0 out of 5 stars Great hard drive but attached software is dog stuff, 9 Nov. 2007
I agree with the majority of the reviews.Except the awful software program enclosed 'Memeo'. My machine as been running smoothly for over a year.I install memo and crash! Blue screen of death! ...it took me 30 minutes to uninstall it! And strangely it broke my internet connection.When i uninstalled it everything worked perfectly again.Maybe i was unlucky i don't know but i was so disappointed with this 2nd rate software.I mean its just a single hard drive not a computer system.How difficult can it be to to produce some basic workable software? The hard disk i recieved was Samsung...and appears to be a solid piece of kit.Shame about Memo! my advice ..dont install it.If you do...cross your fingers!

Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory with free Battle Of Britain DVD (PC)
Battle of Britain 2: Wings of Victory with free Battle Of Britain DVD (PC)

1.0 out of 5 stars Flawed software full of bugs..., 2 Jun. 2007
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Sorry but this is possibly the worse game i have bought for software crashes and useless patches.Tech support is an insult. I'm still waiting for a reply 2 weeks later!

A complete waste of cash.My PC spec is up there with the best of them.This is the only game i have not been able to run in 2 years.

Shame on G2 games and shockwave.I suppose i should have known having seen how many people are selling their copies for £3.98!!!! Speaks volumes.

F.E.A.R: Extraction Point Expansion Pack (PC DVD)
F.E.A.R: Extraction Point Expansion Pack (PC DVD)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still up there...., 30 Oct. 2006
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I rated the original 5 stars.For obvious reasons.However i have a slight niggle with this one hence the 4 stars.Whilst the first one had more of a scary physcological approach to it.(i understand a different studio was blessed with this expansion pack).It seems they feel reducing gameplay to almost total darkness in levels is the way to 'scare' people.Its really irritating that even with the brightness maxed up it it so dark in places(even with the flashlight on) it seems on occasions unplayable.The usual enemies occur of course(an older alma.Naked!) and at times i feel its much of the same.Although you do get far more forces thrown at you(and the odd different weapon)all be it in almost pitch black darkness.If this title was released a little quicker i think it would have retained its edge.Dont get me wrong though.Its still a great game.And you still must have it especially for £17 quid.A little more story board imagination the next time around would push this title back up into the 90's plus as opposed to the 80's.

Page: 1 | 2