Profile for The Blue Rabbit > Reviews

Content by The Blue Rabbit

The Blue Rabbit "blue rabbit" (Moon)

Brian Froud's Faeries' Tales
Brian Froud's Faeries' Tales
by Wendy Froud

5.0 out of 5 stars The family of dusters are brilliant, they can dust my mind any time, 14 Sept. 2014
It is just magical to meet brian and wendy's fae friends again, this time they, the fae tell their own versions of well known fairy tales and ballads. The family of dusters are brilliant, they can dust my mind any time.

How to See Faeries
How to See Faeries
by John Matthews

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical and Real, 23 Mar. 2011
This review is from: How to See Faeries (Hardcover)
This is not an amazing and magical book...no.. this is an amazing amd magical EXPERIENCE! Enter...and be taken into the wonderful, quirky,mystical world of Faeries, which, you will discover, is not that far from your own.
I can only say go and experience it.

5.0 out of 5 stars even for the non-witchy, 4 May 2004
I am not a witchy person but did enjoy this book. Part autoboigraphy, it was fascinating to read about Poppy's past lives. Especially her description of her life as a witch some centuries ago and being burned at the stake. She really takes the reader with her through time. Also her description of the seasons was the simplest yet the best I have read.
..and as for finding your safe place and who you might meet there...I will not say any more. Just read it, whether you are witchy or not, as there is much food for thought within the pages of "Seasons of Sorcery.."

5.0 out of 5 stars fascinating read, 27 April 2004
I am not a witchy sort of person really but I really enjoyed Popp'ys'Seasons of sorcery'. The first part, more spiritual auto biography, takesyou back through different centuries through Poppy's different 'lives'. The description of her being burned as a witch was gripping and poignant.Further on in the book I found the best description of the cycle of theseasons I have come across. Simple but very vivid. She goes on to tell ushow to find and create our 'safe place' something I have not come acrossbefore. and about finding your very own spirit guide...I think you shouldread the book to find out how..
Fascinating read altogether, for thoseon the witchy way and others like me, for whom it gives much food forthought.

5.0 out of 5 stars from an unwitchy person, 22 April 2004
I found this book really fascinating, the first part an autobiography andgoing back through the centuries. Yes, Poppy has been through manyinteresting times. Her description later in the book of the cycle of theseasons is the best I have ever come across, simple but giving such goodpictures of them all. Then came finding your safe place...want to find itand more then read it in Seasons of Sorcery...I am not a witchy person ora Phsyic, as far as I know, but Poppy's book does give much food forthought.

The Moon: A Biography
The Moon: A Biography
by David Whitehouse

5.0 out of 5 stars Myth magic and moonshine combined with lots of facts, 23 July 2001
This review is from: The Moon: A Biography (Hardcover)
A host of phantoms from lone craters of the moon This book gives a wonderful insight into how early' Skywatchers' tried to unravel the mysteries of our nearest neighbour. The book is full of myth amgic and moonshine combined with a lot of interesting facts. Being a Planetarium presenter, I was 'over the moon' to find a book with all the different aspects together and interrelated. Dr. Whitehouse's book presents us with a variety of fascinating characters, all with their own theories about how to map the moon, what it is made of and even who or what could live on it! Descriptions of early SF stories going back as far as BC are amazing especially the one called Sommnium written by Johannes Kepler an Astronomer of the 16thC. He solved the riddle of planetary motion yet came out with such fanciful ideas. Theories on how it was 'spawned', involving a collision between earth mark one and mark two is cosmic stuff! The Landscape of the Past Chap takes us through the lunar cycle from the day old crescent to the full moon, the sun passing over its cratered surface revealing a landscape sculptured and starkly beautiful. Even although men have now walked on its barren surface it still holds many secrets ans when it shines down on us we still want to ' cast beyond it' Is there any one there?...ofcourse there is!