Profile for Ebe > Reviews

Content by Ebe

Ebe

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
XMI X-Mini II 2nd Generation Capsule Speaker for iPhone/iPad/iPod/MP3 Player/Laptop - Black
Offered by TotallyGadgets

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little speaker, 7 Nov 2014
Great little speaker which gives bigger sound than I would have thought but only after turning the ipod right up. I use it in the bathroom and the sound fills the room without being tinny. It is meant to squeeze down and then pop up for use. I can't get it to squeeze down for storage so if this is important to you you might want to try a different type of mini speaker

Body and Soul - Relaxation: Resting the Mind Reviving the Body
Body and Soul - Relaxation: Resting the Mind Reviving the Body

4.0 out of 5 stars Very relaxing, 7 Nov 2014
This is good relaxing music, gentle and uplifting. I put it on whilst doing pilates so it would also be good for listening to whilst doing yoga.

Handy Pocket Credit Card Size Magnifying Card- Slim Reading Lens
Handy Pocket Credit Card Size Magnifying Card- Slim Reading Lens
Offered by MTMC

3.0 out of 5 stars Thin plastic but works, 7 Nov 2014
this is a tiny piece of thin plastic. I was hoping it would be a bit thicker and stronger. However, it is handy when in a shop to quickly be able to see the small print on packets etc. Am surprised that no one makes one of these in a stronger material that you could fit on a keyring.

Simply Leather Mould Remover / fungus killer spray cleaner (250ml)
Simply Leather Mould Remover / fungus killer spray cleaner (250ml)
Offered by The Leather Clinic

4.0 out of 5 stars Cleaned all the mould off and didn't damage the leather, 7 Nov 2014
I recently discovered that a lot of my shoes and boots which hadn't been worn for a while had mould all over them on the shoe rack at the bottom of the wardrobe. I can only think this has happened because there is a shelf above, limiting air circulation and the wardrobe is on an outside wall. I purchased this stuff and it did the job of removing all the mould without any staining or damage. The spray does tend to spray quite widely so be careful not to cover yourself in it. This was only just over 2 weeks ago so time will tell if it grows back. I think I might get one of those wardrobe moisture magnet things from Lakeland to deal with any moisture building up in the future.

THB Bury System 8 Charging Lead for Apple iPhone 5
THB Bury System 8 Charging Lead for Apple iPhone 5
Offered by Co-Star

3.0 out of 5 stars If you already have the take and talk smartphone XL cradle you only need the little adaptor at the end, 7 Nov 2014
I already have the Bury Take and Talk 8 cradle for my existing smartphone. My recent workphone is an iphone which just fits in the cradle so all I needed was the charging lead to fit the iphone. I was surprised that the lead I received is exactly the same as the existing lead the only difference was the little adaptor piece which then fits on the end. So I have just attached the adaptor piece to my existing lead and am left with another lead I have no use for. If you look closely at the picture you will see the little separate piece. This item isn't cheap so effectively I have had to pay for something I already have just to get the little end piece. I think the seller should offer the option to only purchase the adaptor piece on its own and that's why I have only given 3 stars. If I could have purchased the adaptor piece on its own then it would be 5 stars.

That said, the adaptor piece enables me to charge my iphone with my existing cradle (the actual carphone function is via Bluetooth anyway) so it does the job that I needed.

New ladies Visconti dark red leather briefcase laptop bag 18427
New ladies Visconti dark red leather briefcase laptop bag 18427
Offered by Lets Travel

4.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful bag, especially for the price, 19 Oct 2014
I needed a bag for my large laptop and this is perfect. There is plenty of room inside for the laptop and files. There are zipped pockets inside and pockets for phone etc and two outer pockets with 'button' closures. There is also a further outer pocket with zip. So it holds everything I need, including my umbrella. It looks very stylish and the soft leather is beautiful. I have had some very positive comments from people at work about it The handles are also soft on your hands or arm if you want to carry it that way. I think it was also a good price for the quality. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is that I would have expected it to have some small metal 'feet' underneath so that in the long term the leather doesn't get damaged from putting it on the floor - so if the designer is reading this perhaps that would be an improvement for the future.

Sweets Made Simple
Sweets Made Simple
by Miss Hope

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book for beginners, 19 Oct 2014
This review is from: Sweets Made Simple (Hardcover)
bought this for my other half after he drooled his way through the recent tv series. I did also have to buy him a sugar thermometer and some moulds as well. The recipe are clear with good pictures and tips on how to get good results. So far he's made some lovely fudges and has been inspired to adapt the recipes.

#Forfeit
#Forfeit

4.0 out of 5 stars Chick-read but with some twists, 19 Oct 2014
This review is from: #Forfeit (Kindle Edition)
I didn't expect this free kindle book to be as good as it was. yes, it sits in chick-read genre but it does have a twist in the plot which twists again and again. Kept me entertained.

Stewart Round Two Tier Countertop Display | 2 Tier Cake Cover, Plastic Cake Dome, Cake Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for storing and transporting cakes, 28 Jun 2014
I bought this to replace the one my mother had passed down to my daughter. This is the only one of its type I could find which is surprising and made harder to find by it being called a countertop display. It has plenty of room for cakes and you can remove one layer for the lid to fit onto one layer if you need.

THREE PACKS of Pernaton Pernaton Gel - 40ml tube
THREE PACKS of Pernaton Pernaton Gel - 40ml tube
Offered by Chemist Counter Direct

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for back pain and very handy in the small tubes, 28 Jun 2014
Have been using pernaton gel for a number of years now, having the option to buy it in small tubes is great so that can keep one in my handbag when my back is bad.
The gel when first applied feels cool and tingly but then starts to have a warming effect which as anyone with a back problem will know is great for helping relieve the muscle spasm. The gel has natural ingredients so there is no concern about medicine interaction etc.
The only slight downside is that the gel has a menthol smell which is not unpleasant and not overpowering and does wear off after an hour or so. However, when first applied you can smell it which might put some people off.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6