ARRAY(0xae5ee750)

Avene D-Pigment Rich Dark Spot Lightener - For Dry to Very Dry Skin 30ml
Offered by TELIACO
Price: 13.12

1.0 out of 5 stars Absolute Rubbish!, 31 Aug 2013
I have upper lip melasma and have in the past seen a Dermatologist who prescribed me 6% hydroquinone cream which I used for a decent amount of time but did nothing to lighten the dark area. My friend, a pharmacist told me to use this instead (the Rich version), after warning me about the dangers of using hydroquinone cream. I have been using this Avene D Pigment for nearly 8 months now and there has been NO change at all. I would say I have been more than patient in giving this cream a go. For me it was a waste of money and a waste of time. I am now on the hunt for something else but am totally baffled by all the products out there ... why is it so diffcult to find a cream that acutally works for dark skin patches/melasma?????

Bonne Maman Damson Plum Conserve 370 g (Pack of 6)
Bonne Maman Damson Plum Conserve 370 g (Pack of 6)
Price: 13.14

5.0 out of 5 stars YUM YUM!, 15 April 2013
My favourite jam - I love Damsons. Bonne Maman is a very good make and it's also a very good price. And you get a lovely jar at the end of it ...

Dyson DC26 City Multi Floor Ultra-lightweigh Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC26 City Multi Floor Ultra-lightweigh Cylinder Vacuum Cleaner

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT AS GOOD AS I HAD HOPED ..., 6 Mar 2013
So, I bought this machine as I felt that being a Dyson it would be great, but I'm beginning to wonder whether I should have just bought another cheap machine like my last one which lasted me 8 years with no trouble until it died. Here are the pros and cons of this model Dyson so you can make an informed decision before spending a lot of money!

PROS

1. Lightweight - great if you have back problems such as myself.
2. Small - great for storage in a compact area.
3. Much quieter compared to my old El Cheapo.

CONS

1. The hose does not detach from the cylinder therefore storage is not as compact as initially appears.
2. The handle at the top of the hose does not seem to be a benefit in my estimation and was very uncomfortable to use to start with.
3. Suction is not as good as my previous El Cheapo - I have to go over the same area more than once to pick up everything properly.
4. The suction head is very small and gets clogged easily, plus any hair gets wrapped round the wheels within seconds and is very difficult to remove.
5. It tips over a lot when it's trundling along behind me.
6. Price.

OVERALL - I wish I had bought another El Cheapo and saved a lot of money! This Dyson has not met my expectations and I feel rather disappointed with it. My old machine had better suction and stability, and was more comfortable to use (without the handle), plus the hose detached and I could store it in the same space that the smaller Dyson uses!!!

Therefore, my suggestion is to save your money and buy something else - sorry Dyson, but I won't be buying you again.

+++++ ADDITION SOME WEEKS LATER +++++

Now the power cable doesn't retract properly. When pressing the button, instead of the cable zooming in, nothing happens and I have to push it in by hand whilst holding the button down. Even then, only 3/4 of the cable goes back in and the remaining 1/4 just hangs around.

The more I use this machine the more irritated I get and the more I want to fling it out of the top floor window - come back El Cheapo - all is forgiven ...

Streets of St. Pancras: Somers Town and the Railway Lands
Streets of St. Pancras: Somers Town and the Railway Lands
by Steven D. Denford

5.0 out of 5 stars A GREAT HISTORY, 10 Mar 2012
I got hold of a 2nd hand copy of this having recently discovered that my family lived slap bang between Kings's Cross and St Pancras Stations in the days when there were streets of houses there. And what a book! It's a great insight into the whole area around St Pancras divided into different walks, each full of a fascinating history about the area. A must-have book for anyone who is interested in this particular area of London!

TRIXES 2 x Black Stylus Pens for Apple iPad, iPad AIR, iPad Mini, iPhone, iPod Touch, Samsung Galaxy, Tablets and all other Touch Screens Devices
Offered by Digiflex
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!, 21 Feb 2012
Great stylus and worth every penny - will definitely get another one of these when this one finally wears out!

Giant Paper Potter
Giant Paper Potter
Offered by CuteBitz Limited
Price: 14.97

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT!, 12 April 2011
This review is from: Giant Paper Potter (DIY & Tools)
I have now bought 2 of these paper potters after a family member threatened to steal mine! This giant potter makes great sized pots for geranium cuttings, sewing all sorts of seeds etc. How did I manage before I had one???? This is a must-have bit of kit for any gardener and will be used time and time again.

Beatrix Potter: The extraordinary life of a Victorian genius
Beatrix Potter: The extraordinary life of a Victorian genius
by Linda Lear
Price: 9.79

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!!, 6 Mar 2010
A brilliant book from start to finish - there's so much more to Beatrix Potter than her children's books - I never knew quite how gifted and knowledgeable she was until I read this excellent book. Highly recommended!

A Vision Achieved:  A/History of the Hampshire Schools, 1928-95
A Vision Achieved: A/History of the Hampshire Schools, 1928-95
by David Lemmon

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!!!, 14 Sep 2009
I went to this school in the 1970/80s and have always had fond memories of my time there. To find a book on the history of the school has been great - it has filled in some gaps on things such as how the school came about, those involved in running it, as well as numerous photos of pupils. A fantastic book which should be owned by everyone who spent their childhood learning at this great school!

200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix-and-Match
by Jan Eaton
Price: 9.09

5.0 out of 5 stars YOU MUST BUY THIS BOOK!, 4 Sep 2009
This is a totally fantastic book, especially if you are new to the art of crochet. AND, it uses ENGLISH terminology rather than American, which saves all the hassle of translating it all! A really interesting, colourful, clearly written book, with easy to follow patterns, and great colour combinations. This was the first crochet book that I ever bought, and I love it. It certainly encouraged me to get to grips with all the stitches and techniques and now I can attempt anything! You really must add this to your collection if you have any interest in crochet at all!!!

100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet
100 Flowers to Knit and Crochet
by Lesley Stanfield
Price: 3.85

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!!!, 4 Sep 2009
This is a fab book! Amazing! All the flowers and leaves etc are so realistic. I am more of a crochet person myself which is great as there are more crochet patterns than knitting ones in this book, but it will certainly encourage me to pick up some knitting needles and give knitting a go. AND, another GREAT bonus is that this book uses ENGLISH terminology, not American, for a change! The book is colourful, beautifully laid out and is easy to follow. Clear photos and clear instructions. If you like using any sort of yarn or thread, then you MUST own this book!!!

Page: 1 | 2