Profile for JoeD > Reviews

Content by JoeD

JoeD (Ireland)

Beginning Web Programming with HTML, XHTML, and CSS (Wrox Programmer to Programmer)
by Jon Duckett

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, understand and a good reference book thereafter, 29 Oct 2009
I bought this book having already read a colleagues copy. I found it to be simple, well thought out and easy to follow and wanted to have a copy of my own for reference to the XHTML and CSS elements.

Object-Oriented Software Construction (Book/CD-ROM) (Prentice-Hall Resource)
Object-Oriented Software Construction (Book/CD-ROM) (Prentice-Hall Resource)
by Bertrand Meyer

1.0 out of 5 stars An academic rant, 11 Sep 2009
In my opinion this book is a theoretical academic rant on the subject. I am an experienced software analyst, designer and developer but relatively new to OO design. I was looking for something that would give me some practical guidelines and tips on OO design (identify classes etc) with some examples. I trawled the first 150 pages or so .... not a single decent practical constructive example ... lots of theory, terminology and physiological reflection though. This book is probably interesting if you are an academic wanting reflect and theorise on OO approach ... but if you want to get some work done!!!!.

I'm writhing this review mainly because I bought this book based on the other reviews. I was not able to see inside the book before purchase ... now I see why. Needless to say I intent to try return it.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 29, 2013 11:59 AM GMT