Profile for L. Jennings > Reviews

Content by L. Jennings

L. Jennings "leej3544" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Fork in the Road
Fork in the Road

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Fork in the Road (MP3 Download)
Excellent road song.

OtterBox Defender Case for Apple iPad Air - Glacier
OtterBox Defender Case for Apple iPad Air - Glacier

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Oct. 2014
It's an Otterbox case. It does exactly what it says on the tin. :)

iPhone 6 Plus Case, i-Blason Apple iPhone 6 Plus Case 5.5 Inch Armorbox Dual Layer Hybrid Full-body Protective Case Plus Front Cover + Built-in Screen Protector / Impact Resistant Bumpers for iPhone 6 Plus (Green)
Offered by I-Blason EU

1.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice and that's about as far as it goes for ..., 29 Oct. 2014
Looks nice and that's about as far as it goes for me. Bought this as a temporary solution for a bit of protection for my phone until Otterbox get their act sorted out and get a defender case out for this phone. Sooner the better because this case is cr&p. Not even going to bother giving any points about the case other than just avoid it. Save your money and wait for an Otterbox. to come out.

Garmin Shoulder Strap Mount for VIRB and VIRB Elite
Garmin Shoulder Strap Mount for VIRB and VIRB Elite

1.0 out of 5 stars No use., 5 Feb. 2014
This item is of no use to a motorcyclist. I purchased it and tried it on a ride out. The harness is not up to holding the weight of the Virb cam and flops about even when the harness has been tightened to it's maximum. It films on an angle and you can't level it. I have an AGV Skyline helmet and it clobbered the cam every time I looked to the side, whether it was mounted left or right sided. The harness rides up when you move and most of the film ends up being the side of your helmet or the skyline. This item is definitely just for cyclists as is the Virb camera itself and the accessories available are pretty much non existent. If your a biker save your pennies and go for the GoPro cams as they atleast come with plenty of different mounts in the box.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 16, 2014 6:13 PM BST

OtterBox Armor Series Case for Apple iPhone 5 - Neon
OtterBox Armor Series Case for Apple iPhone 5 - Neon
Offered by ShimonTech UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless if you want to use the phone, 2 Feb. 2014
Bought this cover for my iPhone 5 for work and it rendered my phone useless as anyone calling me could barely hear me speaking.

Garmin Virb HD Action Camera - Black (16MP) 1.4 inch LCD
Garmin Virb HD Action Camera - Black (16MP) 1.4 inch LCD
Offered by Same Day Ship Services

3.0 out of 5 stars This is supposed to be useable on a motorbike., 2 Feb. 2014
Purchased this Cam as an alternative to the GoPro as I didn't fancy riding around with a big square camera attached to my helmet. This unit is supposed to be useable on a motorcycle ie Helmet mounted. The unit itself is fine and does some good film clips. The problem for me is the mounts etc it came with ie one that is useless to me. You get a mount that can be permanantely stuck to a nice flat surface but that's it. There's no helmet mount for a motorbike/pedal bike. There's no handlebar mount. I've just had to spend nearly £40 purchasing a body harness that doesn't have favourable reviews as I can't find any type of MOTORCYCLE helmet mount or clip to mount the cam on. In essence the Cam is fine but you don't get the mounts for it.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 10, 2014 7:39 PM BST

Garmin zumo 660LM 4.3" Motorbike Sat Nav with UK and Full Europe Maps, Free Lifetime Map Updates and Bluetooth
Offered by thurgo - ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmmmm., 2 Feb. 2014
Firstly take into account I purchased this SatNav for use with my motorcycle as I was led to believe this was designed primarily for motorcycles. As a user of Garmin satnavs for a good few years now, and I swear by them, I have to say this is without doubt a big dissapointment. Starters for 10 it's like twice the price of a mid or even higher end Garmin. Garmin states this pricey piece of tech was designed by bikers for bikers. After using it I'm seriously doubting that statement. I've used it on my motorcycle and my car and it doesn't matter what setting I had it on it thinks every A and B road going is the fastest route and refused point blank to go anywhere near motorways, oh and yes I did check the Avoidance Settings. I tested my 660LM against my 2095, one at a time, each on the same start end end point both on my bike and car. Routes I know well but just wanted to see which way the navs would take me. My 2095 as expected took me the fastest and most direct route as it always has. The 660LM took me on a veritable tour of the county from the same start point to get to the same end point. Take into account both nav's were up to date with software and maps. I found with my unit that there is no difference between Bike or Car settings, it will still take me round and round the houses. The main reason I bought this unit was because it is waterproof. That side of the unit is great. I tried so called waterproof covers etc with my 2095 and they failed in that they would condensate and in some cases with hard rain actually let water in. The updating side takes anything up to 5-6 hours but all Garmins are like that. The software seems basic and stripped out compared to my other Nav and planning routes seems to be a nause for it. From my personal experience with this unit I can't recommend it.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 4, 2014 9:07 AM BST

London 2012 Olympic Games  [DVD]
London 2012 Olympic Games [DVD]
Dvd ~ Danny Boyle
Offered by plusnoise

1.0 out of 5 stars THIS IS NOT A REVIEW AND THE RATING MEANS NOTHING., 30 Sept. 2012
As my title says this is not a review as I and nobody else except maybe the editor of the DVD has seen it. This is just a little piece of friendly advice. Wait till the DVD comes out and find out whats in it before ordering. This is a BBc DVD. The BBc only had the rights to televise the main OLYMPICS. Channel 4 got the rights to televise the PARA-OLYMPICS, the best part of the Olympics in my opinion. Anyway that little snippet of info should maybe give a small idea of what wont be in this DVD. That said there are no gaurantees. I'm going to wait and see.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 6, 2012 1:51 PM GMT

Warehouse 13 Season 2 [DVD]
Warehouse 13 Season 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eddie McClintock

3.0 out of 5 stars Worth watching., 27 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Warehouse 13 Season 2 [DVD] (DVD)
Season 2 of Warehouse 13 is worth watching. It's not as good as the first season but still worth the money. The episode order on the DVD's has now been rectified however I'm disappointed that 13th Christmas special has been left out once again from the DVD's. I get the feeling someone was told to role out season 2 quickly and that includes the DVD's.

A Town Called Eureka - Season 1 - Complete [DVD]
A Town Called Eureka - Season 1 - Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Colin Ferguson
Offered by Preowned Discs Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy to watch, 28 Jan. 2010
For me personaly this show is a joy to watch. I find myself watching each episode with a smile on my face every time. It's fun, it's quirky and doesn't take itself seriously. I believe it's also a show that can be watched by anyone even if your not a fan of sci-fi. As far as I'm aware it deals with real time science and ideas or theories, unlike some shows, that's either been studied or debated by scientists and theorists in our time or in the past so there's not a massive amount of fiction involved in the show. Yes they sometimes use big words and the corresponding explanations for the benefit of the seemingly out of his depth town sherrif can go over your head but these usualy get dumbed down or he simplifies it himself, lets face it people with massive IQ's usualy have no common sense as is demonstrated in most of the episodes. In short it's a show to entertain, make you smile, make you chuckle and maybe get you thinking a little. Most people will like it even if it's not their usual cup of tea. The same goes for seasons 2 and 3 all well worth watching. If you've never seen the show and you want some background to it there are plenty of websites for the show on the net. Enjoy cos lifes just to damn short.

Page: 1 | 2