Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for Chris Rees > Reviews

Content by Chris Rees

Chris Rees (Southend Essex)

Page: 1 | 2
Dirt Rally Legend Edition (Xbox One)
Dirt Rally Legend Edition (Xbox One)
Offered by Rush Gaming

5.0 out of 5 stars A new benchmark., 6 April 2016
Having not played a rally game for over a decade I was very much not knowing what to expect with Dirt Rally. Although I love motor racing, rallying is not really a discipline I have ever followed. That said I have been following this game for the last few months prior to Xbox release and have been impressed with some of the attention is has been getting and all the talk about it being a proper simulation. I knew it was going to be on my 'to purchase' list!!

Installed it yesterday and have played it in total for around 3 to 4 hours so far, ive started a 1960's open championship in a Mini, had a go of both online and solo rallycross and taken an BMW E30 M3 out for a spin in Germany.

My first impressions of this game is wow... this ticks all the boxes. The handling is REALLY good. I mean there's not been one instance yet where I have questioned why the car has done this or done that. It feels really solid and you can really feel the different between surfaces you are driving on.

Graphically this game also gets a big thumbs up, some really nice scenery and detail, Ilove the fact that all the stages are on tight and tricky roads with very little margin for error.

One of the best elements is the audio!! The cars sound brilliant. I tested the E30 M3 so that I could compare it to the same car on alternative games and must say I think it sounds the best on Dirt!! Such a beaut and it really put a smile on my face.

I cant really add to much more at this stage as I have only tested a very small proportion of the overall game to date, that said I cant see my thoughts changing drastically. This game is the nuts.

The Cabin In The Woods [DVD]
The Cabin In The Woods [DVD]
Dvd ~ Chris Hemsworth

2.0 out of 5 stars I do feel that this could have been better if a lot more thought was given to it ..., 11 Nov. 2014
This review is from: The Cabin In The Woods [DVD] (DVD)
Although this is a tad biased as i'm not a huge horror fan, I do feel that this could have been better if a lot more thought was given to it when making it. The general idea is pretty good and innovative but the way its all put together made me come away from this film thinking what a waste of 90mins.

Forza Motorsport 5 (Xbox One)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Xbox One)
Offered by PROGAMES

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating, 11 Nov. 2014
I bought an Xbox One specifically for this game (and the delayed Project Cars Grrrr) and have found it really hard to enjoy. Not only is it lacking on the choice of circuits but I cant for the life of me get use to the spontaneous 'driving on ice' physics a majority of the cars tend to have. Now I thought it might be just me after reading other reviews about how good it is but I have now bought Forza Horizon 2 and can honestly say it beats Forza 5 hands down in the handling category. Forza Horizon 2 for me feels solid with a real tyre to tarmac feeling of grip levels, Forza 5 on the other hand just feels frustratingly inaccurate which tends to leave me facing backward in a tyre wall all to often. - Using Thrustmaster TX wheel.

Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox One)
Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox One)

5.0 out of 5 stars All sorts of awesomeness!, 6 Nov. 2014
I must say I was very sceptical of this game prior to buying primarily due to being a motorsport fan that enjoys competitive circuit racing games, the thought of driving around aimlessly wreaking havoc on public roads has never really floated my boat up to now. That be said I decided to download the demo due to having nothing to lose and in no time came to the conclusion that I needed the full game. To say I have been impressed since my purchase a week ago is a massive understatement. Not only is the graphics and physics top notch but the attention to detail and the depth that has gone into this game is amazing. I love the way nothing is off limits, if you want to get from point A to point B via farmers fields and dense woodlands then there's nothing stopping you. The sheer amount of championships and events is mind blowing and some of the bucket list challenges are just pure fun! Its also great to see such a large collection of cars in the game all with their individual characteristics. I think I share everyone else's opinion on here that this game is fantastic, if I was you I wouldn't hesitate in buying. (Thrustmaster TX wheel used & TH8a shifter)

Steiff 28cm Lotte Teddy Bear in Suitcase (White)
Steiff 28cm Lotte Teddy Bear in Suitcase (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars nothing else to add other than my girlfriend loved it., 16 Sept. 2014
Its a teddy in a box, nothing else to add other than my girlfriend loved it.

Galleon
Galleon

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album with a lot of highly memorable melodic tunes, 16 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Galleon (Audio CD)
Great album with a lot of highly memorable melodic tunes! Shame this is the only album I know exists by the artist.

Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends

4.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations by quite some margin!, 16 Sept. 2014
I'm really surprised by how much I like this game. It wasn't advertised much prior to release and a few select online reviewers stated that it had potential but that it was a unfinished project. Because of this my expectations was pretty low when I bought it for £16 off of Amazon. That said I have now put in some serious hours working my way through the campaign. A lot of people mentioned that a fundamental floor with this game was the level of difficulty and being stuck part way through the campaign without being about to progress. I have now made it through 60% of the game and am still going strong. Perhaps the worst it still yet to come!?! The campaign can sometime get a little tiresome as there is a lack of variation, but that said i am not tired of it yet and the challenge of getting through each races is still enough to keep me interested in the game. In terms of the tracks the selection of old circuits makes a wonderful change of scene from the same old circuits seen in many games released in recent years, same applies to the amount of Ferraris from the classics through to the modern day supercar. A few cars in the game handle a little floaty but a majority are fun to drive (on my MS wheel) and only get better with practice, the physics in general are pretty good and on some cars feel spot on! The AI are a little cheeky and can be somewhat frustrating to race against. At times they seem to have 20% more grip and then at other times they appear to be stationary through corners (causing accidents). They never like to be passed and do not give up easily, (if you run out wide on corner exit after passing the AI they will always be on your outside ready to tag you on the rear quarter!!). One element that I have found disappointing is the online environment, there isn't anyone online...ever!!! That said even with this games annoyances I would say its well worth the punt and giving it a go. I have certainly got my £16 worth of entertainment since buying this game. Gets 4 stars from me!

Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed (Xbox 360)
Need for Speed: Shift 2 Unleashed (Xbox 360)
Offered by Your IT Delivered

4.0 out of 5 stars Very suprised to say the least, 8 April 2011
I never played Shift 1 so i cant compare it against that but i did hear that a lot of people found shift 1 to be a let down in terms of of it being a sim like experience. I do however play Race Pro and F1 2010 and enjoy them a lot and compare other games against these titles. When I bought Shift 2 i was very sceptical and didnt want to get too excited as i take my xbox racing seriously (lol) and like cars physics to be spot on. I have only played Shift 2 for around 8 hours or so in total but can honestly say im enjoying it a lot. The first thing that struck me was how the cars feel to drive, they are good! The physics feel above par and you can get a proper feel for what the cars are upto through corners. This is i must add with absolutely no assists 'on'. The first race you are chucked into has assists enabled and it felt all wrong. The only thing i do find at times is the dead zone in my MS steering wheel on the straights, the car does tend to wander if you dont keep an eye on it. That said it isnt unmanagable and not a problem on the twisties! For me the biggest factor in any racing game as already stated has to be the physics and everthing else takes a back seat. Due to this i really do rate this game and hope it can provide me with plenty of entertainment going forward.

Please note that i am using a MS Xbox wheel as i have heard bad reviews regarding this game when people are using certain wheels/pads and PC/PS3 versions.

Pros -
- Good physics, not perfect but getting there!
- The career mode seems pretty cool, not done much of it but seems to be pretty varied and interesting, although a little confusing.
- The track selection is awesome, Donnington is a blast and love the Dubai circuit + many others.
- BATHURST, Mt PANORAMA
- Night/dusk racing is something new and looks good.
- Some circuits look brilliant graphics wise, some a little grainy.

Cons -
- Dead zone with MS wheel on the straights is at times annoying, car wanders.
- Too many stats and confusing figures and options.
- Rear view mirrow when using bonnet view keeps dissapearing, think its a bug.
- Cars are too sensitive to contact, rubbing paint shouldnt end up with me facing a tyre wall every time.
- Look left and look right views are disorientating, dont like the way they pan around. Should be just a fixed side camera.
- Hard to work out at times how close cars are to you. Blind spots around the rear quarter.
- Online lobby takes a bit of getting used to, probably just me?

Eradicate the cons and this game would of been given a 5 star rating from me. Very good game none the less!!

Hama Star 63 Tripod with Carry Case
Hama Star 63 Tripod with Carry Case
Offered by TapeCity

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb bit of kit, 23 Mar. 2011
Do not hesitate buying. For the price its faultless.

Some parts (not all) of it are a little plasticy but what are you expecting for 16 quid! Most parts move and tilt, alot more than what i was expecting. Worth every penny.

Race Pro (Xbox 360)
Race Pro (Xbox 360)
Offered by musicMagpie

5.0 out of 5 stars Overlooked racing classic for enthusiasts!, 10 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Race Pro (Xbox 360) (Video Game)
I play this game with all my mates on the UKOG forums. We are a bunch of motorsports enthusiasts and most of us have a keen eye for physics in any racing game we play. If you are a TRUE motor racing and console sim fan theres no better game out there for racing physics on the Xbox. I stumbled across this game late after having it recommended to me and thought there would be no way it would be able to better Forza 3, but it does. This game is not so much about tuning and then beating people because you have the best setup but more about the racing. Ok so the AI are a little annoying at times (they love rear ending you into slow corners) but i only ever raced them so that i can unlock the cars. Even so the AI is no worse than in any other game i have played and they have a good knack of fighting back the postition once they have lost it. This game is defintely at its best online though playing against buddies that know how to drive, the amount of close races i have taken part in i have lost count of.

If you love realism and are fans of Touring Cars and other less know formulas/series then give this game a shot. Dont bother with any assists as you dont need them and have the AI at Pro, anything less and they are painfully slow. How anyone can think this game is rubbish seriously amazes me and obviously prefers the likes of the original NFS games where braking for corners is optional.

Page: 1 | 2