Profile for anniska > Reviews

The 9th Girl
The 9th Girl
Price: 3.50

5.0 out of 5 stars clever plot line, 21 Jun 2014
This review is from: The 9th Girl (Kindle Edition)
First time I've read Tami Hoag's books and was pleasantly surprised. Good story line, good pace and well written. Makes me want to read some more of her books.

BaByliss 2287BU Pro Curl 210 Curling Tong
BaByliss 2287BU Pro Curl 210 Curling Tong
Price: 18.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good product, 29 April 2014
I did a lot of research before I bought these curling tongs. I settled for this as the price had come down and it didn't disappoint. It has different heat settings and heats up quickly (I use it on 180 and that's absolutely fine). I find it easy to use and it swivels so that you don't get tangled up with the cord. There are 4 of us using it (me and my daughters) and we really like it, it curls the hair well and the curls stay in place. It works particularly well for me when I use it a few days after I've washed my hair. I give it top marks for being quick and easy to use.

Ellie Herman's Pilates Reformer
Ellie Herman's Pilates Reformer
by Ellie Herman
Price: 35.64

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good reformer manual, 29 April 2014
As a Pilates teacher I have been looking for a good Pilates Reformer book. This one is clear, gives good cues and variations. Very informative. I recommend it to any teacher.

Of Marriageable Age
Of Marriageable Age
Price: 1.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful and intelligent, 29 April 2014
I downloaded this book onto my kindle because it was so cheap and seemed interesting......it was brilliant. It gripped me from the very first page. It was beautifully and intelligently written. The characters were believable and real and I felt I really got to know them. I loved the descriptions of India and Guiana, I could almost smell the flowers, feel the silk of the saris and feel the heat. The story line was so interesting and the way the three characters slowly came together is very clever, keeping the reader guessing and pushing the reader forward. Sometimes I had to put the book down as the suspense was too much but at the same time I had to keep reading. Towards the end i had to slow down as I didn't want it to end, I read a lot but this was the first time that I wanted to start the book again when I finished it. I think it's the sort of book that if you read it again you would discover new things every time. I highly recommend it.

Marriage And Other Games
Marriage And Other Games
by Veronica Henry
Price: 5.24

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit dull, 4 July 2013
Quite well written but a bit dull and without substance. Had a promising beginning but petered out and I Forgot the whole storyline within days. Won't bother to read any more of her books.

SLIGHT SECOND Single Hotel Quality 4inch Deep 100% Cotton Cover Mattress Topper
SLIGHT SECOND Single Hotel Quality 4inch Deep 100% Cotton Cover Mattress Topper
Offered by Lancashire Textiles
Price: 30.00

2.0 out of 5 stars Too small, too soft, 4 July 2013
I read all the reviews and there were more positives than negatives so i decided to buy this. The mattress topper came quickly but when I put it on the bed it was too narrow for the standard single bed. It's very thick and after just a few nights there was a big dip in it which has become a permanent indent, making the bed very uncomfortable. I bought this for my daughter's bed so it's only had the weight of a small 13 year old on it. It's very disappointing as I have to replace it after only a few weeks of use. It was wasted money.

Thief
Thief
Price: 3.08

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful and touching story, 20 Feb 2012
This review is from: Thief (Kindle Edition)
I was drawn into this story from the very beginning by the detailed description of a world that is so different from our's. Annie Bradshaw takes us on a wonderful journey with Nivcah, through the trials in his life that start with his birth. I felt that I could see the street he was born in, feel the stifling heat and at times the intense cold that he was feeling. I loved the descriptions of the jewish festivals and traditions, and wanted to know more. It's a story of betrayal and forgiveness and trust, but most of all of survival. Nivcah's world is harsh but he also finds a lot of kindness, and at times has to turn his back on those he grows to love in order to protect them. Nothing comes easily to him but although he is a thief and leads a nasty life, the love that is shown to him allows him to respect others and to recognise right from wrong, and ultimately allows him to belief that there has to be something better than the life he knows. It is ironic that the one person that is so mean to him is also his companion throughout his life. I enjoyed all the different characters and how they impacted on his life. At times this book brought tears to my eyes, I desperately wanted things to be different for him but he's not given an easy way out. The end is surprising and beautiful, and I wanted to read it all over again. I highly recommend it.

The Punishment of Gaza
The Punishment of Gaza
by Gideon Levy
Price: 7.02

5.0 out of 5 stars The punishment of Gaza, 9 May 2011
This review is from: The Punishment of Gaza (Paperback)
I wanted to read more about Gaza as I feel I don't know enough. This book really opened my eyes to the terribfle situation and the plight of the Palestinian people. It's very easy to read and the short articles make it very accessible. I think it's a must for all those that are trying to find out more.