Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "markjtnet" (Norwich, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
SoundLab Lightweight School Office Stereo Headphones - Orange
SoundLab Lightweight School Office Stereo Headphones - Orange
Offered by ARMCO

3.0 out of 5 stars Back to the Future, 21 Jan. 2015
Absolute rubbish, flimsy and probably has worse sound quality than those little white hearing aid style headphones you got with AM radios in the eighties.

But that's not why I bought them, I just needed a pair to complete my Marty Mcfly costume and for that they're perfect.

Stovepipe Hat 20cm Tall / Perfect Fit Fancy dress accessory
Stovepipe Hat 20cm Tall / Perfect Fit Fancy dress accessory
Offered by It's All Fun & Games

5.0 out of 5 stars Four score and seven years ago, 25 Oct. 2014
Great hat. Made from a rigid felt material, not plastic or card. Has an elasticated ribbon on the inside so my son can easily wear it as well myself and I have a big head (59cm).

Bought for a Halloween costume but so far I haven't taken it off, much to the distress of my better half. Think I'll keep it out for a Dickens style Christmas!

Smiffy's Creepy Cloth, 75 x 180 cm
Smiffy's Creepy Cloth, 75 x 180 cm
Offered by House of Party

3.0 out of 5 stars It is what it is but it's no different to ..., 25 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Smiffy'S Creepy Cloth (Toy)
It is what it is but it's no different to the same material that can be found in any number of £1 stores across the land. Bit gutted that I spent £5 and I've just bough longer pieces for £1.49 from the local B&M.

BRITA Elemaris Water Filter Jug - 3.5 L, Black
BRITA Elemaris Water Filter Jug - 3.5 L, Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Spout cover fragile., 28 April 2014
Bought to replace an ageing Kenwood filter at the same time with 6 months supply of cartridges. Meter is a nice tough and so far has lasted over four weeks and it's still at 25% and I'm in a hard water area. Good to know it;s not trying to rip me off.

My only complaint would be that the spout cover has a tendency to fall off, pretty poor design but perhaps it;s designed to do this rather than fail completely. Not sure how long it will last.

Overall though it's a Brita so it's a well built product which should last a while.

Scotch C5066F6 Packaging Tape - Brown, 6 Rolls
Scotch C5066F6 Packaging Tape - Brown, 6 Rolls
Offered by POLYBAGSTORES

5.0 out of 5 stars Strong tape, 28 April 2014
Bought for a house move, held all the boxes together and stuck pretty fast. What more can you say really about tape?

Silverline 427679 Packing Tape Dispenser Pistol Grip
Silverline 427679 Packing Tape Dispenser Pistol Grip

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 28 April 2014
I have no ideas why there are so many negative reviews. We use these guns in my workplace so I'm familiar with their operation and I wanted one to make my house move a whole lot easier. Even though there were instructions in the box (which I didn't read).

Once the correct tension was set on the spool I had absolutely no issues with it. However I didn't purchase the cheapest tapes so maybe that's why it was easier.

As long as you know how they generally work you shouldn't have any issues.

Kärcher 500ml Glass Cleaning Concentrate For Window Vac
Kärcher 500ml Glass Cleaning Concentrate For Window Vac

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than Fairy Liquid, 28 April 2014
After the original sample run out I was quite shocked at the prices the local stores were charging. Using soapy water and a bucket just seemed to defeat the object of getting the Vac and applicator in the first place.

Well without a doubt it was worth the purchase. A cap full and a half to every applicator bottle so I would think it's good for at least 10 refills so far cheaper than the sachets. Best of all windows now sparkle once again.

Shame Amazon haven't set this up as subscribe and save.

De'Longhi Compact Dehumidifier with ECC DES16E, 16 L
De'Longhi Compact Dehumidifier with ECC DES16E, 16 L

3.0 out of 5 stars Good looking but ineffective and misleading stats, 9 Nov. 2013
We currently have a three year old Blyss dehumidifier that we picked up from B&Q but it is an ugly unit and we wanted something a bit more powerful and efficient. We decided on the Delonghi 16L unit as you would imagine it would be more powerful than our existing 12L unit, sadly no.

The Blyss can easily extract 3l a day and we only leave it running while during the day and turn it off at night but that seems enough to keep the condensation at bay. When we received the DeLonghi we left it running in the same conditions and it only managed to extract around 500ml and it only dropped the humidity by 6%. At first we thought there might be an issue so we left it off for 24 hours to let it settle and then tried again. Again it only extracted just over 500ml and the humidity only dropped from 63% to 56%.

So out of curiosity we plugged the Blyss back in and in three hours it had pulled 700ml and had effectively switch off as it hit the 50% target i set it. At first I thought we must have a defective unit but then I read the technical data off the rear of the machine.

To extract 16L the unit must be on max, the temperature at 32C and humidity at 80%. Incidentally the unit apparently pulls 300W on max and 250W average so ignore the information on the Delonghi website. At 27C the efficiency of the Delonghi drops by half making this able to extract 8L.

Now if I was heating my house to this temperature in the winter I would just open all my windows and my problem is solved. Like many I can't afford to do this so we keep the house at 20C, leave a few windows ajar and rely on the dehumidifier to pick up the pieces. What I wanted was more powerful upgrade which would be more energy efficient and this unit failed miserably.

It's a shame as it's a very good looking unit, I just assume that it must be aimed at a warmer climate. The build quality is fairly good but we did have problems with the water tray registering as empty even though it was full. A complaint a few have said.

25W Aquarium Fish Tank Submersible Heater
25W Aquarium Fish Tank Submersible Heater
Offered by All Pond Solutions

1.0 out of 5 stars Boyu HT-825 (A Chocolate Teapot), 22 Mar. 2013
Firstly it should be noted that the make of the heater I received does not resemble the picture in any shape or form. The heater itself is a stubby design Boyu HT-825 and is only adjustable between 16-32°C, not the 20-34° as stated on the listing.

I placed the heater in a 5 litres of water to get an idea of what temperature offset was. The ambient temperature was 18°C and the initial temperature was 17°C (I have a good thermometer) and the water was left for 24 hours. After setting the dial to 26°C I was able to maintain a rough temperature of 20°C. To actually maintain a suitable temperature for tropical fish you would have to place the dial at maximum. If you then wanted to increase the temperature for different species or for treatment you have no where to go.

This heater cannot sustain 5l let alone 20l in an aquarium. Should your aquarium be in a draft then there's no chance that this heater will maintain a correct temperature. Buy cheap, buy twice!

Spaghetti Bolognese? No, thanks!!! (True food Book 1)
Spaghetti Bolognese? No, thanks!!! (True food Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple yet tasty recipes, 15 Mar. 2013
I wanted a book that would give me a chance to make, as best as I could, authentic Italian food. My first attempt was making the Ragu' Bolognese which on paper looks like a very basic recipe. Where was the basil and all the other herbs I'm used to seeing down the Italian isle in the supermarket?

However the end result was a pasta dish than has completely blown away anything I've ever tried before. It's crazy that so few ingredients and a little time can generate such amazing flavours. Best of all, as the book suggests, I steered clear of Spaghetti!

While a short book the pages are crammed with wonderful insight into Italian food and it's culture. Don't think of it as just a recipe book as it's so much more.

Many thanks for your recipes, my adventures in Italian cooking are under way.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 16, 2013 2:51 PM GMT