Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "markjtnet" (Norwich, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Bacheldre Watermill Organic Stoneground Strong 100% Wholemeal Flour 1.5 kg (Pack of 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Practice makes perfect, 15 Mar. 2013
OK so my first few loaves with this flour could have been used as door stops but that was due to my own lack of knowledge. After substituting a small amount for white flour (50g), adding some vitamin C and using 350ml of water I'm creating some amazing loaves.

I've found that after the initial rest to not flour the work surface but to use 1 tbsp of Olive Oil bit by bit on the works surface and on my hands. That way I can get away with the extra water without the dough sticking to everything while incorporating the oil into the dough. The end result is a well risen, soft loaf with that unmistakable flavour.

Perhaps using some white is a cop out but as I learn more about bread making I'll push for a complete wholemeal loaf.

Bohemia Crystal 093/006/011 Eva Cappuccino Cups 250 ml Set of 4
Bohemia Crystal 093/006/011 Eva Cappuccino Cups 250 ml Set of 4

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but feel too fragile for coffee, 8 Aug. 2012
I bought these from the Marketplace for quite a reduced price, for that reason I am not returning them.

They are incredibly thin but to be fair you can put coffee in them they need a lot of TLC when washing up. The actual build seems very poor with bubbles on the rim from the production process but thankfully not in the 'sipping' area. I assume these two factors combined is why the previous buyer returned them, definitely not worth the full retail price.

The only real negative that I didn't consider before I purchased them is that through the glass you can see how bad I am at milk frothing!

HTC PO S740 One S Slip Case - Black
HTC PO S740 One S Slip Case - Black
Offered by FoneM8store

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice case, fits well but far too tight, 2 May 2012
This is my second attempt at finding a case for my One S, a case that I desperately needed as I'm convinced the phone has Lemming DNA.

Perhaps that's why I've tollerated the case being too tight instead of sending it straight back. The first time I inserted my One S it took me 20 minutes to get the phone out again trying not to damage the case or the handset. In the end I placed a thin strip of alcantara into the case so I could use this to pull the phone out with ease. I have no idea why HTC didn't fit this as standard as it's the accepted norm now for all cheaper cases.

Feeling a bit disgruntled with the flappy fabric hanging out of the case I had a revalation. I used my friends fat boy Galaxy S to break the case in and now it fit's like a glove and slides in and out with relative ease.

Perhaps I was unlucky but HTC make the phones so why would they make the case so stupidly tight?
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 3, 2012 1:05 PM BST

HTC One S Genuine Leather Pocket Case By Shocksock
HTC One S Genuine Leather Pocket Case By Shocksock

1.0 out of 5 stars Good quality case but not suitable fro the HTC One S, 17 April 2012
While the build quality is second to none this case is not suitable for the One S.

The whole idea of these cases is that they fully cover the handset and this does not as it leaves the earpiece, top of LCD and front camera exposed. The pull strap does not fully reach over to the velcro with the One S fitted and it's way too wide as it seems it was designed for a thicker phone.

Avatar Extended Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]
Avatar Extended Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ Sam Worthington

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular quality, 11 Feb. 2012
I have avoided buying Avatar, beyond the special effects there is just nothing original or inventive with the film. Hell even Cameron gave up at some time calling the mineral the lazy and somewhat cringeworthy Unobtanium. Even so it's still fun in places so when I wanted a disc to show off my Theater system this looked like the likely candidate.

If you want a demo disc for your system then this has to be the one, there's a thousand reviews out there on the subject so I'm not going to harp on about but it really does look superb. There's enough special features to warrant a couple of day's sick leave but over than the main contents this is for the hardcore fans only.

My only grumble is the 'Geology Time' load speed. At one point I accidentally caught the power on the remote and I decided to give up for the day. Even switching between versions took a few minutes and from what I understand this is due to Fox's security. Pulling the USB from my player helped speed things up otherwise I may have just given up.

Overall a good disc well worth the current asking price. Fans are going to love it.

Fantasy Hobby Horse with Sound - Pink & Purple Unicorn
Fantasy Hobby Horse with Sound - Pink & Purple Unicorn
Offered by Hollmes Party Inspiration

5.0 out of 5 stars A family favourite, 12 Nov. 2011
I bought this Hobby 'Horse' a year ago for my Daughter as a stocking filler from Santa. When it arrived I was a little dubious as the pole felt to be rigid PVC pipe but for what I had paid, and knowing how kids play, I wasn't fussed if it didn't last long.

One year on and he is still happily neighing and is still in near perfect condition. The latter is a surprise as my son likes to wind up his sister by using it as a golf club!

Overall I don't think we would have found a better horse for the money.

Outdoor World Air Horn
Outdoor World Air Horn

4.0 out of 5 stars horns of jehrico, 12 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Outdoor World Air Horn (Misc.)
There are horns and then THERE ARE HORNS. I bought one of these bad boys to keep the weasles away from my potato mines and they have certainly done that.

Unfortunately the shockwave caused the potatoes to shrivel and scared away all my workers. Even mad Ted has left and he's been with us for 20 years. The CO2 released caused a mutation of our Hydrangea and we have a wave of Triffid sightings here in the village. Poor Mrs Little's has been too scared to leave her house!

However I still feel these are a top product and highly recommend them. I would have given five stars but they do not come in blue.

5 Moreinks Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges to replace Canon PGI-5 / CLI-8
5 Moreinks Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges to replace Canon PGI-5 / CLI-8
Offered by More Inks

5.0 out of 5 stars Prints well even on photo paper, 22 July 2011
Having noticed the official cartridges for my iP4300 were getting close to £[] I decided to bite the bullet and get cheap inks. The reviews were good but I had concerns as I have used cheap inks before and found them to bleed when printing on glossy paper.

No such problems with these inks, unbelievable considering their price. Tried it on a couple of paper types and everything was spot on. Printed a few of my HDR shots and they look absolutely superb.

HTC CC C200 USB/Micro USB Car Charger with HTC Logo (discontinued by manufacturer)
Offered by Power Tech Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Will charge during GPS, 8 Jun. 2011
Had a number of cheap chargers all of which could not charge the handset if using navigation. I was a bit wary of some of the reviews but bit the bullet and purchased anyway.

Right off the bat I had no issues connecting this to my power outlet socket in either of my cars. It fits and it works, if you have issues I would advise cleaning the contacts of your socket.

I can find no issues with build quality as previously mentioned. Cable length is also fine but if you did want to extend it it's just a standard USB cable. Personally I would never have any navigation behind the steering wheel as this would add to the blind spot caused by the roof pillar and you would have cables trailing across the wheel or footwell?

Most importantly it charged my Nexus One during a 200 mile journey using Google maps. Overall I am very happy with the product.

Car Window Tint for DIY Car Window Tinting (762mm x 3 metre roll - for small to medium sized vehicles) 50% Executive Light Car Window Film
Offered by Evowrap

4.0 out of 5 stars Best film for the price, 13 Mar. 2011
I have tinted my windows a few times, mostly in my younger days when I was into modifying my car. Now as an adult it was for the benefit of my children (honest!)

I have used a lot of films over the years so I knew what I was doing and I know the pitfalls of DIY installation. Having worked my way through some of the £6 films on eBay I decided to give this film a shot as it is listed as being SunTek.

Well I can honestly say it was the best film I've used. I have found with the cheaper films that any mishandling causes them to crease. Not so with this film it feels a lot better and I didn't have one problem with creasing. Also there seemed to be a lot less static when removing the backing film which of course reduces the chance of dust being trapped under the film. For the first time ever I managed to release the backing and place the film straight on the window. With cheaper films this is impossible as the static just causes it fold up on itself.

The film comes with knife, squeeze and one of the best instruction sets I've seen in a long while. There is enough film, assuming you make no mistakes, to do the rear sides and the rear window. The latter being possible due to the fact that this film can be heatshrunk to match the profile of the window.

Overall very pleased with the product. They may be better films you can buy but at £8 I seriously doubt it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4