Profile for Sommeboy > Reviews

Nikon D7000 For Dummies
by Julie Adair King
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars IDEAL FOR THIS DUMMY, 22 May 2013
Call me a dummy if you like but I have found "NIKON D7000 FOR DUMMIES" very useful. I have always been a Nikon fan and decided to trade up by buying a D7000. because I wanted to up my game and develop my photographic skills. I was more than a little daunted by the challenge and I wondered whether I had taken a leap too far.

However, having researched several of the guides that covered the camera I opted for "DUMMIES" as it seemed to be just what I wanted. I have been working slowly through the book and although I have not yet gone right the way through it I have not been disappointed with the contents. It is written in clear, simple language so that even a dummy like me can get my head around the handling of the D7000. If you are a photographic expert this is not the book for you. However, if you want a plain and simple guide that will lead the average amateur through the mysteries of the D7000 then this is the guide for you. Recommended.

River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
River Cottage Veg Every Day! (River Cottage Every Day)
by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall
Price: 12.50

5.0 out of 5 stars RIVER COTTAGE VEG, 1 Feb 2012
I bought this cookbook for my wife.

She has a very comprehensive collection of cookery books and is always telling me that she has got all the cookery books that she needs and that she does not want or need any more.

However, when she looked through a copy of River Cottage Veg which had been bought as a present for her sister in law she was more enthusiastic about it than I had ever seen her be about a cookery book.

I decided to look at the book myself and I found myself getting hunger pains just looking through the recipes. So I bought her a copy and we have not been disappointed by any of the recipes that she has prepared from it.

The Bang Years [Limited Edition Digipack]
The Bang Years [Limited Edition Digipack]
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 9.67

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE FOR REAL DIAMOND FANS, 29 Jun 2011
I bought this CD for my wife who has been a life long Diamond fan. She found it very nostalgic and liked it a great deal. If she enjoyed it then it must have been good. I enjoyed the price. It certainly earned me a lot of brownie points !