Profile for Ace Rimmer > Reviews

Content by Ace Rimmer

Ace Rimmer

Page: 1 | 2
Catit Senses Fresh and Clear Drinking Fountain with Water Softening Filter, 3 Litre

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs tweaking, 25 Oct 2014
You can make the water go all the way over the top by putting a small o ring around the pump nozzle. A tiny rubber band might work. Without it there's a gap and you don't get full pressure at the top.

Apart from that it's a nice fountain. Cats not interested yet but hopefully will be in time.

Nerf Supersoaker Freezefire
Nerf Supersoaker Freezefire
Offered by Emjays Webstore LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 8 May 2014
This review is from: Nerf Supersoaker Freezefire (Toy)
This is pretty awesome for the price. When I was little I had a "water machine gun" which was one of those cheap unbranded toys for a couple of quid. It worked on a pump action and claimed to fire 30 feet, which it probably did. I've since tried in vain to find another but there were just the original Super Soaker type where you pressurise them like a plant sprayer and I can't be bothered with those or the battery ones.

Anyway, this new generation of Super Soaker work with a pump action. I'm not sure it goes 11.5m as they claim but it goes pretty far and gets the recipient pretty wet. Actually it's hard to shoot someone a little bit without going too far and drenching them! Hahaha.

Not perfect. The water capacity isn't great, the vent hole in the lid leaks water and the lid sometimes comes off, and if the nozzle was better designed/engineered it could shoot further I reckon as the jet starts to break up pretty quickly. But for the price it's great. I've ordered another.

Deb SOR4LMP 4L Swarfega Orange Pump
Deb SOR4LMP 4L Swarfega Orange Pump

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 8 May 2014
Great stuff this, and reasonably priced if you buy the 4L bottle. I used up a small bottle and hit on the bright idea of refilling it from this as it's a lot cheaper. Hint: don't do what I did and try and pour the stuff into the smaller bottle using a funnel. Only after doing this and watching the thick gel go nowhere fast did I realise I could have used the pump...

Anyway it cleans well, smells nice, looks pretty and doesn't seem to damage the skin. This is a proper mechanic's hand cleaner unlike the old green Swarfega which has no grit and doesn't clear anything like as well or as easily.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good, 8 May 2014
Much better than the cheap ones for about a fiver a pair on here - totally different construction. These have a pearlescent orangey silver look to the whole glass. The cheapo ones appear to just be chrome paint on top of orange, mostly on the top of the bulb, and are incredibly dim compared to these, so much so that I feel they are unsafe and am sending them back in favour of these. These are less orange looking when off and much brighter when on.

I can't in all honesty give them 5 stars because they are expensive but if you want invisible-ish bulbs in clear lenses there's no cheaper option. One thing that bugs me, they don't appear to do the little side repeater ones so I had to buy Osram Diadem which I don't think are quite as good. Also shop around as I've seen them cheaper since buying two pairs from here!

AnySharp Smart Sizzors 'Cut Anything' Multi-Purpose Scissors
AnySharp Smart Sizzors 'Cut Anything' Multi-Purpose Scissors

2.0 out of 5 stars Bent, 13 Dec 2013
Well. My first impression was that they looked and felt a bit cheap, but they seemed ok. Then I used them to cut a little piece off the top of the Christmas tree and after that they won't close unless you push the blades apart, as if they're bent, so I'm sending them back. Was suckered into buying them on an Amazon Daily deal.

Jazooli USB Charge & Sync Dock Connector Data Cable For iPods/iPhones/iPads - White
Offered by Jazooli

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 22 Dec 2012
I tried two of these and neither worked. One would charge (until it stopped doing even that) but not sync; the other never worked at all.

PURE ONE Mi, Palm-sized Portable DAB/FM Radio - Black
PURE ONE Mi, Palm-sized Portable DAB/FM Radio - Black
Offered by Thinkprice

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor sound, 6 Nov 2012
If one shop hadn't had one on display, and powered, I might have bought it. Luckily I got to appreciate how poor the feel and finish are, and how abysmal the sound quality. I bought the little Sony instead and was happy even at £20 more. If you don't care about sound quality (many people don't) or how nice an object looks and feels you might as well get this one. In real life it's a lot nastier and plasticky than it looks in the picture.

Thought I'd post a review as this seems to get a much higher rating than the Sony, which I can't understand.

Arita Ritek 8x Pink Top Dual Layer DVD+R Pack Of 25
Arita Ritek 8x Pink Top Dual Layer DVD+R Pack Of 25
Offered by jetmediauk

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 12 Oct 2012
The white (printable) Ritek Arita DL discs I've had great results with. These pink ones are very poor and I've had loads of failures. Going back to the white ones gave much better results so it's definitely worth seeking them out instead, plus the pink colour and pattern makes it very hard to see what you've written.

Damia (The Tower & Hive Sequence)
Damia (The Tower & Hive Sequence)
by Anne McCaffrey

2.0 out of 5 stars Dire, 31 Aug 2011
The first 100 or so pages of this book are just a recap of the previous book, The Rowan, written in a diary style with no creative spark at all; anyone who had read the first book could have written them. It briefly gets more interesting as it describes the child Damia growing up. In the next section, where she is an adult, it all goes wrong. Badly written, with poor grammar, and a boring style. There are odd mistakes, too, such as the mention of another sibling, Ezro, who was never actually introduced.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if Anne McCaffrey had written only part, or even none, of this book. It is a huge disappointment to me and I won't be reading the sequel even though I've got it.

The first book in the series is not bad, but also suffers from inconsistency and drags on a bit towards the end.

My conclusion is that if you want a good McCaffrey book, stick to her earlier work, which is always entertaining and often excellent.

Max Value Docking Station for SATA HDD with card reader/USB Hub (MV15003)
Max Value Docking Station for SATA HDD with card reader/USB Hub (MV15003)

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke, 18 April 2011
Mine broke after just over a year. Up till then it worked OK but was often touchy and needed to be unplugged, have the drive removed, or the computer reset to make the drive show up. One day that wasn't enough.

Page: 1 | 2