Profile for Bob Deluxe > Reviews

Content by Bob Deluxe

Bob Deluxe "Twangman5" (Abingdon, Oxfordshire United Kingdom)

Page: 1 | 2
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

2.0 out of 5 stars High Flying Birds I don't think so..., 14 Dec 2011
This album is very boring, the first 3 or four tracks are ok'ish but that's about it. It has no chance of lasting very long even if die hard fans try to keep the hype up. Noel keeps telling everyone that it is a brilliant album and hopes that if he says it enough some people will be taken in. Very dull, repetitive and not worth the time to listen to it. Nothing creative or original here. The reason I've given two stars is because I liked the D28 he was using on the BBC radio 2 concert which actually to me was a lot better than the album. Steer clear unless you want to buy a CD that will just gather dust.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 18, 2011 11:02 PM GMT

De'Longhi ICM2B 10-Cup Filter Coffee Maker
De'Longhi ICM2B 10-Cup Filter Coffee Maker

5.0 out of 5 stars Coffee making, 21 Nov 2011
This coffee maker is a quick simple way to enjoy coffee. Easy to use, easy to clean and makes a nice filter coffee. I am very pleased with it and would recommend it. I was concerned because of the other reviews that it might make the coffee taste or smell plasticky but needn't have worried as there was nothing like that at all. The other reviewers may have had a problem with their machines but mine was great from the off. I didnt even rinse it through first.

Dracula
Dracula

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 12 Oct 2011
This review is from: Dracula (Kindle Edition)
Dracula by Bram Stoker is brilliant, if you want a great book to read then this it, highly recommended. Don't be put off by cheesy films and silly TV programmes.

William Golding's Lord of the Flies (Bloom's Modern Critical Interpretations)
William Golding's Lord of the Flies (Bloom's Modern Critical Interpretations)

1.0 out of 5 stars How much!!, 20 Sep 2011
Having just bought a new Kindle to read Lord of the Flies I now find that the Kindle version is 6 times more than the standard organic version, this is not good for the Kindle!!!!! What a waste of money the Kindle is, I could have bought 25 books for the the same money!
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 21, 2011 10:48 AM GMT

De'Longhi Icona ECO310.BK Pump Espresso Machine, Onyx Black
De'Longhi Icona ECO310.BK Pump Espresso Machine, Onyx Black
Offered by DB Technology srl

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for coffee lovers, 8 April 2011
I love this Icona coffee machine. I have had the black model for a couple of months and use it every day. The black version for some reason was quite a bit more than the other colours, maybe that speaks for itself. The machine gets up to a good temperature very quickly and is usable for ground coffee. I have the de longhi grinder (which is actually a chopper/slicer but does the job). I don't use the frother much as I don't like to pollute the taste of real coffee which milk anymore. I have used the frother for guests which worked very easily and received praise. The machine is easy to clean, easy to fill with water and makes a hot coffee to what ever strength and taste you like (bit of experimenting is fun too) I started using some really nice decaff beans to mix with full strength about 50/50 as I think is was over doooooooing the caffeine. You wouldn't notice the difference in taste and it means you can have more cups of coffee if you want without flying! I would recommend this machine but watch the prices for different colours.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, 8 April 2011
Nice cup, doesn't quite hold enough for my liking. The tapered shape makes it a bit unstable, but very nice all the same.

Yamaha FG700MS
Yamaha FG700MS
Offered by Starland Music

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable guitar, 21 Feb 2011
This review is from: Yamaha FG700MS (Electronics)
(I'm a not a dealer or have any links to any finacial interest in these instruments) But I just have to say what fantastic guitars these are. Playability is as good as any acoustic, sound is beyond anything at even 3 three/four/five times the price. I have some very top end acoustics and this Yamaha MS sits there and holds its own at almost next to nothing in cost. Its unbelievable. If your looking for a sub £1000 acoustic this is the one to go for, I love it. Twanger
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2011 10:50 AM BST

Dvorįk - Symphony No 6 (LSO, Davis)
Dvorįk - Symphony No 6 (LSO, Davis)

4.0 out of 5 stars Flourishes from nowhere....., 8 Nov 2010
I'm new to Dvorak apart from Symphony no9 so no6 was a new experience for me. I must say and make it clear that I am happy with the performance and the recording, its the music I'm not sure about.

The first movement is strangely alluring and compels for no apparent reason to be replayed and replayed. It has a relaxed Mahler feel. The second movement leaves me wondering what its doing there at all and has no appeal, it doesnt go anywhere for me, but I'll keep trying. All of a sudden the third movement wakes the symphony with a tempo and scherzo that flourishes from nowhere and is very welcome. There's a strange undertone of mystery going on as if a spell has been cast with the listener now caught up in the music and unable to let go. The last movement doesnt do anything much until all of a sudden a big Brahmistic ending concludes with a bit of satisfying power and thats it. Its oddly addictive though.

I would say that no6 is a whirl of pastel colours on canvass, autumn leaves being blown gently and then whisked up and down, sometimes quite furiously in many strokes before quietly settling on the ground to be repeated with new gusts, madness and flurries again and again.

You may end up loving this and not know why.........
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2013 12:09 AM BST

3.0 out of 5 stars Schubert - almost heaven, 6 May 2010
This review is from: Schubert: Piano Sonatas (Audio CD)
These interpretations left me a bit cold and lacking that musical something. The piano to me is harsh and metallic. Only occasionally does that Schubert magic come through and then its gone again in a rapid series of technically capable and recognisable notes. It might that I've been spoiled by Wilhelm Kempfs versions which are simply musical and magical. I also really rate Radu Lupu D959. I can recommend Kempf and Lupu if you want a special experience. Schubert is the God of music, thank you Lord.

5.0 out of 5 stars Schubert heaven, 6 May 2010
This review is from: Schubert: Piano Sonatas (Audio CD)
This collection is simply fantastic. I have a number of other versions of these works and would put these at the top of the list. Radu Lupu playing D959 is also one of my favourites. The last three sonatas played by Murray Perahia are too clinical for me and slightly harsh without conveying the essence of the music. I can't stop playing D958 at the moment. Well worth listening to again and again. Schubert is the God of music, thank you Lord.

Page: 1 | 2