Profile for Holliegh Drake > Reviews

Content by Holliegh Drake

Holliegh Drake "The Fluffy One" (Birtland!)

Page: 1 | 2
Trainline - Times and Tickets
Trainline - Times and Tickets

5.0 out of 5 stars nice and easy, 20 Nov. 2015
Easy to use. Great for easy access of your tickets and reference numbers.

Love it.

Instagram
Instagram

5.0 out of 5 stars fun., 18 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Instagram (App)
Good fun. Great for sharing random photos with friends.

Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I don't know (PS3)
Adventure Time: Explore the Dungeon Because I don't know (PS3)
Offered by Bargain Games UK

5.0 out of 5 stars It is a dungeon crawler!, 23 Nov. 2013
First off. It is a dungeon crawler. The title gives it away. It isn't some super cute adventure with Finn and Jake. You are exploring a dungeon, beating up monsters bosses, finding treasure and weapons. You can play as 4 different characters at the start and you can unlock others as you play, plus I heard there are dlc characters in the way too!
You also rescue other well known candy kingdom folks as you progress through the dungeon; this opens new shops and such in the "hub".

It is actually great fun. The pixels and the retro 16-bit music are great. It just makes me smile whenever I put it on.
I am a massive Adventure Time fan and a gamer and I don't feel like this game gets the credit it deserves.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright but not amazing for me, 8 Sept. 2013
I bought Quinoderm after Panoxyl was no longer available. I was told that this product was a lot better and to start with I thought so too. Sadly after a few weeks I noticed that it does indeed get rid of spots but doesn't stop new ones form forming. Every day one spot dies but another one seems to pop up and now they're spreading just like they were before. It dries my skin out quite a lot but I found that a good moisturiser like Cliniques anti blemish solutions or even garnier anti blemish products work well at keeping the dryness away.

I do not think I would recommend this product to anyone with really bad acne but I think people with minor cases of acne might find it useful. My acne is sadly a bit too much for Quinoderm to handle.

Mirrors [DVD] [2008]
Mirrors [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Kiefer Sutherland
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

4.0 out of 5 stars Plot Holes slowly ruined this for me., 6 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Mirrors [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
This movie was really good to start with. Very chilling!
I hate mirrors anyway, I have a rule about them...I never have them in my bedroom! There's just something I don't like about them. (And no, it's not my own reflection, teehee.)
But seriously. This movies has a pretty strong and gripping start. But gradually you notice plot holes...Well, if you're enough of a bore to, I suppose. I watch a lot of horror movies and I love them but I've seen so many that I now start to notice really tiny things that I suppose I shouldn't. Regardless, there are a few holes and even rules that are generally broken.
After that the movie just...Falls apart, sadly.
But if you're someone who doesn't notice things like that and you just want a good, chilling movie, I really do suggest this. Horror movie buffs and nitpickers beware, there =/

Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)
Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing, 12 Oct. 2011
First off, I warn you...

You have to be willing to play for a good 1 and a half, at least. The start of the game was a bit dull to me, I found myself pretty bored but I have a "5 hour" limit for games, I play at least 5 hours before deciding to go on or not...
This game got completely and utterly amazing in an instant. The battle system is annoying TO START WITH but you get used to it very quickly, it's not for the unskilled! You have to think about your every move. Each character is important, too...No one is useless.
It's a very clever game.
The world is huge, you can explore so many areas and find some many things. There's also relationships to be made! You can bond with your party, everyone can bond with each other, that opens up little scenes known as "Heart-to-Hearts" between certain characters at certain places in the game. On top of that you get to build relationships with NPCs and help them build relationships with other NPCs.
Apparently your actions with NPCs can have a big impact on certain things (Outside of the main story) but I have yet to see this, so far I've gone out of my way to make people happy and do what they want...So nothing bad has happened.

The story is very deep and you will find yourself in tears at times but it draws you in so much, I sometimes forget I'm playing a game.
My sister is totally into this game, too and I send her email updates all the time, talking like I'm on some crazy adventure.
You'll fall in love with the characters, and fall deep into a world of fantasy, tragedy and adventure.

Buy this game now because if it becomes a "rare" game, you'll live to regret it.
Don't listen to the people that dislike it, this game is for true RPG fans.

From Far Away, Vol. 1
From Far Away, Vol. 1
by Kyoko Hikawa

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love it, 24 July 2011
This review is from: From Far Away, Vol. 1 (Paperback)
I can't believe that no one has reviewed this yet.
Surely others must have read it? If not...Why not?!

If you like Shojo - Like me! - then you have to check this out. It's pretty much the usual to start with and I thought "I don't know if I'll like this." when I got a good ten pages in but the more I read, the more it drew me in and the more I wanted to read.
It's adorable yet thrilling! Not to mention that the male lead is very handsome!

The basic idea is: Young school girl gets transported to another world where she gets attacked by a monster (Cliche so far, right? I know. I love it.) and then is saved by an attractive young man with long, dark hair...
But there's a twist.
They speak a different language. Neither one can understand the other which I personally thought was brilliant. I was getting a bit bored of "Girl ends up in another world and can somehow magically speak their language and understand them."
So this was nice.

I don't really want to ruin it for anyone but for any Shojo fan, this really is a must.

Despicable Me (Blu-ray DVD)
Despicable Me (Blu-ray DVD)
Dvd ~ Steve Carell

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic, 15 Jan. 2011
I absolutely love this movie. I went to see it with my mum in 3D and instantly tried to preorder it as soon as I got home.
My mum laughed out loud through the entire film, she absolutely loved it and it's very rare that a movie is so good...My mum will pay attention through out the entire thing. She's often nudging me and asking who's who, is that guy who she thinks he is...What's going on. The general "I'm not paying attention questions."
But she followed the entire thing with a beaming smile from start to finish and even she got very excited when she realised it was finally available to pre-order.

I don't want to ruin anything but basically you have Gru, the main character and a villain at that, who wants to steal the moon. He steals a shrink ray, only to have things go wrong. The ray gets stolen, so he adopts 3 orphans in order to try and steal it back, it leads to much laughter and eventually tears. For anyone with a soft spot for fun and heart warming movies, this is for you.
You need a good sense of humour and a big heart to enjoy it, though. Be warned.

Princess & Goblin [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Princess & Goblin [DVD] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as amazing as I remember, 11 Jan. 2011
This movie is wonderful. I bought it, thinking it would be a let down. I'm not a child anymore, I was about 7-8 years old when I last watched it. I used to make my brother take me the local video shop to rent it...Every weekend. I loved it!
And I have to say that I still do!
It arrived in the post yesterday and straight after work last night...I popped it into my PC and sat here...Completely glued to the screen.
I was worried that after all this time, I'd watch it again to find that it was only amazing because I was a child and now I could see through every I loved to see something terrible...But this wasn't the case at all!

The animation isn't amazing and it's not completely smooth and shiny. It's from the 90's, what do people expect?
I've seen bad reviews for this movie around and people also saying it's terrible when I've asked if they've seen it anywhere to buy but most of those people are younger than me, and I assume it's the same online.
It's a shame if this movie was before your time because now people want special effects and action. This movie is beautiful.
If you're a lover of heart-warming, fun and magical stories, this movie will be right up your street.
I'm 23 soon and the magic still hasn't left me, after all these years. You're never too old for this movie but it's sad to see that you could possibly be too young.

Xploder HDTV Player (PS2)
Xploder HDTV Player (PS2)

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't be fooled, 17 Aug. 2010
The people who got this item to work are very, very lucky.
I bought one, even though only a handful of people seem to say it works...Out of a sea of people who say it doesn't.
My PS2 doesn't even read the disc. I have to put in a certain other disc, swap to the HDTV Player Disc and then load it from there. Still doesn't work. It makes NO difference at all.

If you have the same problem I did with my PS2 and HDTV: AV and Scart were blurred through the Tv and you have no RGB sockets. You want to make sure there's a VGA (PC plug socket) on the back of your Tv. You want to be sure to get a VGA to AV or RGB (If you have RGB cables, go for this!) adaptor.
You plug in your VGA to AV/RGB, plug in the right cables from your PS2 to the adaptor, find the right channel (For me it's YPbPr and away you go!

This product is flawed and I have to say it's cheap, tacky and useless. What's the point if most consoles can't even read the disc? My PS2 is getting old, sure but I NEVER get any disc read trouble with it. So that leads me to believe this item is just a general dud.
Don't be fooled. I'd say shell out a bit extra and by the right adaptor and cables to get your PS2 up and running. I spent so much money trying these fake "We'll make it work!" products. Don't believe them!

Page: 1 | 2