Profile for Mr. P. Lefrere > Reviews

Mr. P. Lefrere

Wild About Harry
Wild About Harry

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacklustre effort, 1 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Wild About Harry (Kindle Edition)
Not one of his best ...

Epson WorkForce Pro WP-4535DWF A4 Multifunction Inkjet Printer
Epson WorkForce Pro WP-4535DWF A4 Multifunction Inkjet Printer

1.0 out of 5 stars Great features. Leaking after 9 months - still in warranty, so expect a good outcome., 14 Sept. 2013
This is a high-specification Workforce model. I switched to this inkjet from a colour laser. Epson saved me money and gave me better quality. But now there is a problem....

- the good news.
Initially I was delighted with my choice. I still think its features are superb. For the first few months I found it to be very economical, quiet, reliable, flexible. I guess plenty of purchasers will have a great experience with it. In my case, I was so pleased that I wondered if I'd done the right thing in having a first-year on-site warranty: it seemed un-needed.

- the bad news.
9 months on, I'm so glad that I have a warranty: the ink is leaking. Youtube has videos exactly replicating my experience. In my case, I was still using the original yellow cartridge (most of my work is black and white), and I was surprised when the yellow ink supply showed an overnight change from half-full to near-empty. Worse, there were large drops of yellow ink on the paper and inside the printer. I cleaned the printer and replaced the cartridge. Just 50 sheets of paper later, I've had to replace the yellow cartridge again, and clean the printer again. The leak has got worse. Those other users shared my initial delight with the printer, then a few months later, had a persistent leak of yellow ink. The Youtube videos show the cause of the leak - a break in the seal of the window of the ink reservoirs. It affects the yellow reservoir first, then spreads to adjacent reservoirs. There are Youtube videos that show identical faults on the other Workforce models with that design of reservoir. I'm guessing that Epson knows about this and has a simple fix, which I would expect is already incorporated in all their range.