Profile for D.Allen > Reviews

Content by D.Allen

D.Allen

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!, 21 Feb. 2013
I decided to build my own pc and also wanted my first attempt at overclocking, I went from a Q6600 to this and was amazed at the difference. I have this overclocked @4.4GHz and I'm using an Artic cooling 13 cooler and Artic 5 thermal paste the temps are 28c idle and a maximum of 64c under load which now doesn't make me worried about people saying these run hot. There is really no point in buying this CPU unless you are going to overclock.

my setup.....

i5-3570k @ 4.4GHz
Artic cooling 13 cooler
Asrock Extreme4 ATX motherboard
16GB 1600MHz CL10 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Kit
Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB SSD
GTX650 GPU

Corsair CML16GX3M2A1600C10 Vengeance Low Profile 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz CL10 XMP Performance Desktop Memory Kit Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The name speaks for itself !, 21 Feb. 2013
I already knew I wanted to buy Corsair memory because it's a trusted brand with a lifetime guarantee. I decided to try my first pc build and after research I decided on this low profile module because i was going to be using a large CPU cooler and didn't want any issues with fitting them.
I can honestly say these have been a dream I was probably being greedy when fitting 16gb and I have found no need to overclock these at all, also glad I brought them at £58 before the price shot up and these have helped me build a very quick and snappy pc!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 17, 2013 9:06 PM BST

Perixx MX-2000IIB, Programmable Gaming Laser Mouse - Black - 8 Programmable Button - Weight Tuning Cartridge - Omron Micro Switches - Avago 5600DPI ADNS-9500 Laser Sensor - Ultra Polling 125-1000HZ
Offered by Perixx UK

5.0 out of 5 stars This mouse is fantastic!!, 21 Feb. 2013
I brought this mouse because of other peoples reviews, I was going to spend between £50-£60 and came across this, it is absolute quality from the braided wire to the feel of the mouse. I have large hands and this fits perfect , with the weights is a great added touch in fact now whilst gaming I don't feel like I'm actually holding the mouse and more like I'm guiding it. The movement is very smooth across my Perixx mouse mat. It has plenty of buttons that are placed well and the software is very easy to navigate and set up macros.
You can change the colour of the Perixx branding with a choice of 24 colours and different light effects, great for me as I now have a new keyboard with red key lights and now i can change the colour of the mouse to match it.
If I didn't know the price of this mouse I wouldn't have been surprised if it had been £60+, you will not regret buying it and I for one will be keeping my eye on this company to see what else they bring out!

AsRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard (Socket 1155, Intel Z77, Up to 32GB DDR3, ATX, 2 x SATA3 6.0 Gb/s, Supports NVIDIA SLI and AMD CrossFireX, Premium Gold Caps)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!, 9 Feb. 2013
I decided to buy this motherboard and take a leap in to building my own system and wanted to overclock so after doing some research i came across this, the first board i received had a bent pin in the CPU slot and was sent a new board the following day ( One of the reasons I use Amazon ).

The board feels sturdy and is very pleasing on the eye and looks like quality it was very easy to fit in my case and connect wires and cables except the stacked Sata ports which were very close to my drive bays so it made it very fiddly to connect them so might be worth fitting them before screwing the board down. When i first powered up the board i got an error A2 which was easily sorted and that was my only moan about this board.

The bios was also very easy to use in fact i didn't even need the manual, overclocking was very easy and i was able to get 4.4ghz by just changing one setting and leaving everything else on auto

I have no regrets buying this board at all and i now have a p.c that flies :D

Asrock Extreme 4