Profile for Mrs. L. Matthews > Reviews

Content by Mrs. L. Matthews

Mrs. L. Matthews (England)

The Prophecy (Bakkian Chronicles Book 1)
The Prophecy (Bakkian Chronicles Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun read, 24 Sept. 2012
Loved this book it was fun to read very simple story line so easy to follow, maybe not for the hardened fantasy reader but a light read for a sunny afternoon with a glass of wine in the garden. Off now to download part two on my kindle!

The Journey To The Sacred Garden: A Guide to Travelling in the Spiritual Realms: A Guide to Traveling in the Spiritual Realms (Little Books and CDs)
by Hank Wesselman

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing book, 22 April 2011
Although I live in the UK I have for many years had a passion for Native American spirituality and Shamanism. I have just completed this book, journey to the secret garden. I would just like to say it is the most profound book I have read on the subject of journeying. It is "down to earth" easy to follow and not full of useless information that leads you away from the subject. I didn't want the book to end as it felt as though Hank Wesselman was voicing all I have come to feel and believe in my years of searching. His words make you feel safe to follow your bliss and to travel in the other realms. As I read the last pages I was moved to tears at its ending. Words can not express how grateful I am to have found this work. I look forward to reading more from this author

Animal Spirit Guides: An Easy-To-Use Handbook For Identifying And Understanding Your Power Animals And Animal Spirit Helpers: 1
by Steven Farmer PhD

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Guide Book, 22 Oct. 2009
I have been working with and teaching about animal totems for many years, this is by far the best book I have ever owned on the subject. It is easy to use, easy to understand and gives more then just the meaning of each animal as power animals, but explains about when they appear and when to call upon them. It covers a very large range of animals including insects. I recommend this book to all my students.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 12, 2012 11:23 PM GMT

Confessor (Sword of Truth 11)
Confessor (Sword of Truth 11)
by Terry Goodkind

1.0 out of 5 stars Borrrrrring, 14 Mar. 2008
I like everyone else have followed this series of books, and like everyone else pretty much lost interest after book 5, but having read that far I continued to follow the other books in the hope that Goodkind would stop trying to preach his ideals and stop going over and over the same stuff and get back to the "magic" that he started out with. I have read about a third of this latest book and given up! I have no interest now on how it finishes and I am going back to reading someone who knows how draw the reader into a world of fantasy! Robin Hobb, George R. R Martin, Robert Newcomb to name but a few!

Fun and Games with Your Dog
Fun and Games with Your Dog
by Gerd Ludwig

5.0 out of 5 stars If you and your dog want some fun this is the book for you., 8 April 2001
No matter what breed or size dog you own this book shows you how you can have fun together. Gerd Ludwig shows you how to build an agility course in your back garden from things most of us have or can buy very cheap, you'll be amazed what you can build with a few garden canes and an old blanket! But don't worry if you haven't got a garden Gerd explains how to have fun out on walks too. My two Border collies love it even though one of them is blind in one eye and seven years old this book will how you that you can teach an old dog new tricks.