Profile for S. Burdon > Reviews

Content by S. Burdon

S. Burdon (Northumberland, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Xperitus Supremacy Series For Samsung Galaxy Note 2 II N7100 Battery Pack [BZ-2177F] 2X 3100mAh Batteries + Intelligent Charger [2 Years Limited Manufacturer Warranty]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money., 26 Mar 2014
The battery on my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 hasn't been lasting as long as it first had so I looked for a replacement. There's a minefield of choice on Amazon and it was the 2yr guarantee that persuaded me to purchase this. It comes with a separate charger which means the phablet never has to be tied to an electric socket to charge. I now have 3 batteries which means I never need to run out of power again. There were no instructions included in the package but it was very obvious to understand. I would have been happy with a plug for British sockets but it also has one for Europe.

Stabilo Write-4-all Permanent Marker Pen Waterproof 0.7mm Line Assorted Ref 156-4 [Wallet 4]
Offered by Europens
Price: 4.19

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pen but will only use the black and blue., 9 Mar 2014
Why oh why is it so difficult to find a CD marker with a fine nib? This is quite fine but I would have preferred only black pens as That is my colour of choice.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 6, 2014 3:34 PM BST

Stellar 45cm All Magnetic Knife Rack
Stellar 45cm All Magnetic Knife Rack
Offered by Cutting Edge Cookware
Price: 14.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 28 Jan 2014
As a keen cook I got fed up with my knife block taking up valuable space on the kitchen bench. Got rid of the block and moved the knives to a drawer then got fed up scratting around for a particular knife I needed. This is a perfect solution for me, holds loads of knives the heaviest of which is 275g no problem at all.

Good Year magnetic parts tray 150mm
Good Year magnetic parts tray 150mm
Offered by BPR Trading
Price: 4.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality, 28 Jan 2014
We have 2 Lakeland cutlery drainers that do not have a base and need to be on the drainer to drip. This takes up valuable space. These trays are a perfect fit for the drainers and the strong magnet means they don't topple over. Time will tell how rust resistant they really are but so far we're delighted.

SALE PRICE ELECTRIC POWERFUL PROFESSIONAL WHOLE FRUIT VEGETABLE JUICER JUICE EXTRACTOR *APPROVED BY BBC FUSION FOODCARE*
Offered by Pick 'n' Choose
Price: 36.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Nov 2013
There was quite a difference in the price of juicers so it was a bit of a gamble going for this lowest priced one but it paid off. Arrived the day after ordering, simple to use and the leftover pulp was very dry. A bit disappointed not to receive a basic recipe book with it though. Washing up is a bit of a pain but I imagine that would be the same for all juicers.

Otovent Glue Ear Treatment Pack
Otovent Glue Ear Treatment Pack
Price: 7.56

5.0 out of 5 stars Whoelheartedly recommended!, 1 Nov 2013
After 3 weeks of being stone deaf, feeling like my ears were about to burst and 2 courses of antibiotics that made no difference I was desperate. A trawl of the net led me to a modestly priced Otovent, had to be worth a try. I found the balloon quite easy to inflate but the swallowing to equalise the pressure took a little practise. After a couple of days my ears started to "click" as I used the Otovent. After a week I was back to normal. I cannot begin to praise this treatment enough, so simple and non invasive, the relief was immense. Wonderful treatment.

Ba Duan Jin: Eight-section Qigong Exercises (Chinese Health Qigong Associat)
Ba Duan Jin: Eight-section Qigong Exercises (Chinese Health Qigong Associat)
by The Chinese Health Qigong Association
Price: 13.99

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 12 Oct 2013
Our instructor at our Qi Gong class uses this DVD and recommended it. She said it was filmed on The Great Wall of China and was beautiful. Well it is a beautiful setting but a poor DVD. There are no menus, just a very basic film, though there is more emphasis on fancy camerawork and scenic shots rather than an easy to follow programme. Would not recommend.

Qi Gong DVD
Qi Gong DVD
Offered by skyvo-direct
Price: 15.61

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and addictive, 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: Qi Gong DVD (DVD)
My husband and I joined a Qi Gong class at our local Age Concern. We had not heard of it until we joined but wanted to do some gentle exercise. We found it perfect for our needs and decided we'd like to do it at home too. The first DVD I bought proved to be aimed at younger folk and too difficult for us. This one is perfect, we love it. There are 2 discs, we try do "the 18" on disc 1 every day. It's so gentle you barely feel like you are exercising yet it works every part of your body and after 20 minutes you know you have had a workout. If we feel good we will also do disc 2 "The Eight Pieces of Brocade" and "The Animals". Not only is it great exercise it is very calming and spiritual, leaving you refreshed and ready for anything. The narrator who talks you through the moves and especially the breathing has a lovely English accent which is very soothing though you can have music only but for us she's a must. The camerawork is beautifully done making it easy to follow the moves. I have only one very slight criticism, I wish the guy demonstrating had ironed his beautiful traditional garments, you can see every crease from where it was folded in the packet but then I am an obsessive ironer!!! I think anyone of any age would benefit from this dvd it's wonderful.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 20, 2013 3:07 PM GMT

teKKno Protective Shock Proof Stylish Dual Case Cover And LCD Guard for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) / Green
Offered by teKKno
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, 12 Oct 2013
Unfortunately no fitting instructions were provided and this proved a little tricky. The screen protector went on very easily with no trapped air bubbles. The black rubber that covers the whole thing felt a little loose until the hard plastic green/black outer was clipped into place then the whole thing felt sturdy. The openings for attachments work perfectly, no problem attaching charger etc. One disappointment with the Note 2 is there is no built in lanyard to attach a handle to. I am used to this facility with the Galaxy Ace and considering the Note is so much bigger it would be easier to slip from the hand. Luckily I was able to fit my carry strap through the hard plastic opening that surrounds the speaker of the case. I would not use this to carry my Note but feel more confident using it with the strap around my wrist, if it does slip hopefully it would not fall far. I am very pleased with my purchase especially at the reduced price.

JVC DVD+R 100 PACK SPINDLE
JVC DVD+R 100 PACK SPINDLE
Offered by ECOTRONICS
Price: 21.49

5.0 out of 5 stars No "coasters" so far, 1 Jun 2013
This is the second time I've bought this product, no coasters in the first fifty which is a first for me. So I was happy to buy again. Did have a long wait to receive them though and the supplier kept giving me delivery dates that didn't happen which is very annoying, better to be told there was a delvery problem in the first place.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3