Profile for Mr. Aj Cran > Reviews

Content by Mr. Aj Cran

Mr. Aj Cran "alexcran" (ENGLAND)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
American Movie [DVD] [2000] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
American Movie [DVD] [2000] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Offered by RAREWAVES USA

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST FILM YOU'LL EVER WACTH!, 30 Jun. 2016
This is my favourite film. Its one of the funniest and most feel good films you are ever likely to see. Its got everything, two great main characters who really draw you in, an amazing story and a bittersweet ending.

I implore anyone with a vague interest in documentaries to watch this....YOU WON'T REGRET IT!!

Organic Turmeric with BioPerine 120 Veg Capsules By TAKA Turmeric - Natural Anti-Inflammatory & Antioxidants with Excellent Curcumin Absorption from the addition of BioPerine (Black Pepper)
Offered by Turmeric Health

3.0 out of 5 stars Product is fine but cheaper to just buy Turmeric powder., 30 Jun. 2016
As a doctor I'm very interested in the research being done around Turmeric and its anti inflammatory properties. I have been trying to incorporate turmeric in various forms into my diet more as I believe that, at worst its unlikely to be harmful and at best it really could (as some research seems to be showing) be a powerful spice / nutritional product.

I bought these tablets as another way of getting my Turmeric.

On the plus side I can say that they arrived quickly. They are veg capsules, so no nasty gelatine. I have been taking them with no obvious issues so all good.

I probably wouldn't buy these again, not because there is anything wrong with the product but more because in essence all they are is Turmeric with Pepper in capsules. For the price you may as well buy a bag of turmeric and some pepper and mix and then cook them in an oil for a base of a sauce or even take them together with a spoonful of an oil (apparently curcumin is better absorbed with piperine (pepper) and is also fat soluble (hence the oil).

Overall a reasonable product but probably an expensive way of getting your Turmeric and not superior to the raw powder, which you can buy a lot cheaper.

Half a King (Shattered Sea, Book 1)
Half a King (Shattered Sea, Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but definitely one for younger readers or those new to fantasy., 30 Jun. 2016
Good book. Came to this after reading Joe Abercrombies First Law series, which I thought were very good. I didn't realise (although it became clear) that this book is aimed at teenage readers, so doesn't have the complexity and multi stranded / multi character narrative of the other series and its a lot less gory.

Saying that its a great story with all the usual requirements for a hero / fantasy novella, with a band of heroes being formed and going on a quest to avenge and kill the bad guy. In addition its quite short and easy to get through.

Probably wouldn't read the next few books as I do think it suffers from being a bit over simplified and one dimensional (in comparison to say George RR Martin or even Joe's other books). However for the target audience and if I was just getting into Fantasy I would definitely recommend.

Razorsharp Razor Blade Sharpener/ Cleaner
Razorsharp Razor Blade Sharpener/ Cleaner
Offered by RazorSharp

4.0 out of 5 stars Great way to save money, 30 Jun. 2016
I'm a big fan of this simple invention and have bought several over the years. Not because they die but because I give them away to people who complain of going through 100's of razor blades a year.

Its a pretty simple idea. After shaving you rub the blade backwards over the silicone whilst applying some pressure down. The idea is that the sticky silicone then effectively pulls off all that microscopic dirt and debris that build up on the blade, meaning it maintains its sharpness.

The makers have some pretty amazing claims about it extending blade life. I'm not sure its that amazing but with some care and other gentle cleaning in a sink I can certainly get 10-15 shaves from one blade without any issues.

Even if you get 1-2 extra shaves per blade, with the price of razor blades, the cost of this will quickly pay itself back.

Overall a nice simple tool that seems to do what it says, maybe not quite to the extent claimed but even if you get 10% of the claim, its still a great thing to have and a real money saver!

Halilit Baby Xylophone Musical Instrument
Halilit Baby Xylophone Musical Instrument

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cheap way of introducing music to kids, 30 Jun. 2016
This is a great little Glockenspiel. I bought it for my young daughter to introduce her to music and get her away from the electronics that kids seem to love. She is probably a little bit too young to make full use of it at 14 months but I'm sure it is something she will grow to enjoy and I think it will be a great way to encourage and introduce music.

The glockenspiel is perfect for small children. It only has 8 keys which are colour coded and firmly attached into the casing. The whole thing is quite small as well, so perfect for kids. It comes with one beater and a 4 song sheet of basic kids tunes to start you off.

Unlike some other music instruments, its obviously fairly easy to make a decent noise from (even for toddlers) and its fairly indestructible, something that cannot be said for most other instruments.

Overall I was really impressed with this. In fact I had so much fun playing it myself that I ended up buying a larger (Angel Glockenspiel) from Amazon.

Warning playing this is addictive and could lead you down the same path!

Ultimate Hardware Alloy/Plastic Body Folding Bike Pedals 9/16" Thread
Ultimate Hardware Alloy/Plastic Body Folding Bike Pedals 9/16" Thread
Offered by SDJ Sports Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value folding pedals, 30 Jun. 2016
These are good value, well made foldable pedals. I bought these to replace a peddle from a folding bike in which the bearings had gone and the peddle was useless. These seem to be well made and I haven't had a problems so far. They seem to easily fold as well, which is obviously essential for a folding bike.

Overall you can't really go wrong, especially for the price. Would recommend and buy again.

Angel G2-G4 AX25K 25-Note Glockenspiel
Angel G2-G4 AX25K 25-Note Glockenspiel

4.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed playing the one I had bought from my daughter ..., 30 Jun. 2016
I bought this Glockenspiel after buying a toy one for my daughter. I enjoyed playing the one I had bought from my daughter so much (also an amazon purchase) that I decided I needed a slightly larger one with a greater range of notes. Saying that I didn't want anything too big or expensive.

I can say this was a great purchase. I've had a lot of fun learning various songs and now happily play nursery rhymes whilst we get my daughter to try and join in. Its a perfect way of introducing music and also a lot of fun.

The Glockenspiel comes built into a handy storage space and is small enough to easily carry or stow away in a cupboard when not using.

Definitely recommended but we warned it is quite addictive.

Shea Butter Unrefined - 100% Pure and Natural - 500g
Shea Butter Unrefined - 100% Pure and Natural - 500g
Offered by TheSoapery

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice stuff, 2 Jun. 2016
Good stuff. What can you say. Came quickly and was well packed in a sealed tub (as shown). I use this stuff as a base for some creams and melt it down before mixing it with other ingredients. Overall I can say it is a good product at a good price. I have been using it as a large part of a homemade suncream I make and I have not had any issues with my skin, in fact it feels great and is a very effective moisturiser that allows me to cut out all the mineral oils and petroleum by products!

10ml Carrot Seed Oil 100% Pure
10ml Carrot Seed Oil 100% Pure
Offered by Authentic Oil Co

4.0 out of 5 stars Does smell a bit but not unpleasant and reduces when diluted, 2 Jun. 2016
I thought this was a good product. I bought some to use in some sun creams and oils I was making. I agree in part with some of the previous reviews that say that it does smell pretty strong - it does BUT if you dilute it heavily with other oils and fats then it really isn't an issue.

Overall if you are diluting by adding 5-10 drops in every 50-100ml of oils / creams then I think you only get a slight smell and its an excellent oil, if you are using it at a much higher concentration then I can imagine the smell might be a bit strong.

Overall it does smell a bit (not really unpleasant just strong) but I would definitely buy it again (saying that 10mls goes a long way, so probably won't need to for a while!)

MIO CYCLO 505 UK
MIO CYCLO 505 UK
Offered by CycloMonster

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent piece of kit, 2 Jun. 2016
This review is from: MIO CYCLO 505 UK (Electronics)
I bought this unit after doing a lot of research on GPS units. I was initially tempted by the more established Garmin models but decided on this due to some favourable reviews and its price. I bought this mainly with the London ride 100 in mind as I was upping my training and needed something that I could use to analyse my rides as well as navigate at times.

The unit I bought came packaged with a HR monitor and cadence sensor, plus mounting options for the handlebars. This was all very easy to set up and attach. The cadence unit with some simple luggage ties and the handlebar mount with either luggage ties or a screw (depending on which of the two packaged mounts you choose).

After about 10 mins I had everything set up and ready for use which I thought was pretty good. The unit has a very intuitive interface with a nice colour touch screen that seemed a lot more user friendly than my colleagues Garmin.

You have a multitude of options to set up on the unit. You can put in myultiple profiles for different riders and bikes which is useful if you do different riding styles. The unit picked up GPS nicely even when under a roof.

I set out and did a 4hr ride using the GPS to just monitor the route and measure. By the end of the ride the unit was still 3/4 full. Since then I have used the GPS unit to actually get to places. Interestingly this unit has a number of nice features for navigation

1) You can just navigate to a point by entering a postcode. I found that by in large the unit tended to choose accurate, quick and bike friendly routes.
2) You can download routes (say for instance if you entering a sportive), this can then be uploaded as a map to the unit that it can follow.
3) You can use the suprise me option. This was a nice feature, in which you can enter the length of ride you want to do and the unit will then draw up 3 routes that you can choose from or keep asking it to find more.....I found this feature suprisingly useful and have actually used this a lot...and found some amazing new routes in my area.

Even with the GPS navigation on, the unit will comfortably cope for 7-8 hours....probably longer, although I was never out for any longer.

The software that comes on the unit was very good. It is easy to set up and links the unit to the computer via Wi-Fi which was a nice touch. After coming home from a ride the unit connects to Wi-Fi and downloads within a few seconds. You can then use Mio Share which is a web application to check your route and link this to speed / altitude / time etc.....overall it seemed very accurate and gave a nice breakdown of the ride without being overcomplicated.

So overall I can thoroughly recommend this unit and have been very happy with mine, which I have now had for 18 months without any issues.

Pros

Good price (compared to rivals)
Some packs come with HR and Cadence Monitors at an excellent price
Nice easy to use unit which seems to have excellent GPS ability
Good software and lifetime map updates every time it is connected
Strava compatible

Cons
Unit is slightly larger than most Garmins, if every gram is an issue then you might prefer a Garmin

Overall: Definite recommendation a great piece of kit for navigation and ride analytics.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6