ARRAY(0xb62e5f9c)

Prestige Dakota Toaster, 2 Slice, Black
Offered by SelectiveGoods
Price: 36.66

1.0 out of 5 stars I hate it!, 14 May 2013
I really don't like this toaster! It is extremely slow and this results in very dry crunchy toast - which is not how I like it! It will take a standard slice of Hovis or Kingsmill but is no good for cut-your-own loaves. A really annoying design fault is that the ridge/gulley at the top of the toaster between the black and the stainless steel collects crumbs that can't be wiped out (you have to tip the toaster upside down to remove them, and even then it's not easy). All in all I think it's fair to say that I hate it!

Avery A4 Office Trimmer
Avery A4 Office Trimmer
Price: 34.98

1.0 out of 5 stars Had to return it, 16 Mar 2013
I chose this trimmer because most of the reviews were excellent. I however found it very stiff and difficult to use, and have had to return it.

The Wicked Girls
The Wicked Girls
by Alex Marwood
Price: 3.50

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm giving up!, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Wicked Girls (Paperback)
I chose this book, as I choose many of my books, on the strength of the 4 and 5 star reviews. Usually this works well for me but not this time. Having struggled about half way through I decided to revisit the reviews to check that I've got the right book! I see that the number of bad reviews is growing and unfortunately I'm in the 1 and 2 star camp on this occasion. I agree that the book is poorly written, disjointed, boring, and I couldn't care less about the characters!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 12, 2013 3:17 PM GMT

Sharp El337c Desk Display [Electronics]
Sharp El337c Desk Display [Electronics]

4.0 out of 5 stars Great calculator; useless instructions, 27 Jan 2013
This is a nice compact desk calculator. The keys are positive and respond to a light touch; they are well spaced and large enough for easy use. Brilliant value at under 7 including delivery from Amazon Marketplace.

My only complaint is the instruction leaflet, which is as good as useless! If you need to know how to set the tax or conversion functions, ignore the leaflet and search Google instead.

Seiko Ladies Quartz Analogue Watch SUJF17P1 with Stainless Steel Bracelet and Cream Dial
Offered by Find Jewellery
Price: 89.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Neat little watch., 29 Dec 2012
This is a neat little watch with a small but easy to read face. The clasp is slightly chunky but is secure and fairly easy to do up and undo single-handed. My local jeweller removed a link for me (free of charge) as the bracelet was a bit too big. He had exactly the same watch in his window for 190 - over 100 more than I paid! Very pleased with my bargain purchase.

The Peacock Emporium
The Peacock Emporium
by Jojo Moyes
Price: 7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Very slow start, great finish, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Peacock Emporium (Paperback)
I am a big fan of Jojo Moyes but this wasn't one of my favourites. The sub-story in the first chapter immediately had me hooked and I thought I was in for a great read. From then on though, I have to say I didn't really enjoy the next 200+ pages. Although this part introduces the various characters and strands of the story, I found it slow, quite boring and disjointed with nothing happening that made me want to read on. Read on I did though and wham! without much warning the story explodes into a brilliant page-turning ending that resulted in my 3 star rating (3.5 would be more accurate). So, I'd say if you're a fast reader this might be worth a try. If you're a bit of a plodder, like me, maybe give it a miss. I haven't recommended this book to my friends.

The Jojo Moyes book I would recommend to everyone is You Before Me. It is brilliant and I don't know anyone that has read it and not loved it.

Gibsons Sweet Memories of the 1970's jigsaw puzzle. (1000 pieces)
Gibsons Sweet Memories of the 1970's jigsaw puzzle. (1000 pieces)
Offered by dazzink
Price: 12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable!, 29 Dec 2012
= Durability:5.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My two (adult) daughters and I completed this puzzle together within a day as part of our Xmas chill-out therapy. We all thoroughly enjoyed it! We liked the fact that some parts are easy because you can recognise the pieces and you feel you are making good progress, but then other parts are much more challenging and drive you crazy. Just the right degree of difficulty for us once-a-year jigsaw novices. Good quality, good price, great picture and fast delivery from Amazon, so all in all very pleased with this purchase.

Berocca Vitamin B 30 Tablets
Berocca Vitamin B 30 Tablets
Offered by eGAZS(TM) JK GROUP LONDON
Price: 7.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Works for me., 12 Dec 2012
I feel this is a good quality multi vitamin that helps to keep the coughs and colds at bay. The monthly subscription is a very convenient and cost effective way to buy.

Doodle On!: Rainy Day Doodle Book
Doodle On!: Rainy Day Doodle Book
by Anja Boretzki
Price: 9.61

5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant doodle book, 12 Dec 2012
This is a great book. I love the fact that it is hard back and ring bound. It was very reasonably priced and will make a great present for my 8 year old great niece.

Nina Ottosson Dog Brick Activity Toy
Nina Ottosson Dog Brick Activity Toy
Price: 21.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, 13 Nov 2012
My clever Collie Cross worked this out within a few minutes but still enjoys playing with it. It perks him up for a while if he's feeling bored between walks! It's well made and easy to clean and I'll be ordering another Nina Ottosson game for his Xmas pressie.

Page: 1 | 2