Profile for L. Wood > Reviews

Content by L. Wood

L. Wood (Oxford, England)

10 Minute Solution: Blast Off Belly Fat  [DVD]
10 Minute Solution: Blast Off Belly Fat [DVD]
Dvd ~ Suzanne Bowen

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 4 Jun. 2009
Having always been too lazy/unmotivated to do much exercise at home I have been so pleased and surprised by this dvd. I normally find myself doing workout dvds them once or twice then losing all motivation so they go on the shelf and gather dust. I've had this one for about 6 weeks now and I've actually done at least three sessions a week. As they are only 10 minutes long you can easily find the time to do it and it doesn't feel like you have to make a huge effort unlike some of the 30-40 minute workout dvds. I've found myself doing on 10 minute session to be 'good' and then actually enjoying it so much I've gone onto do another section - something I never thought I'd say!

The instructor is really clear and encouraging without chattering pointlessly and the exercises really work. I struggled to do some of the moves at first but after just a couple of weeks I noticed a massive difference, not just in my stomach but in my overall body strength and fitness.

I would highly recommend this dvd and am going to try another one in the series next!

Misery
Misery
by Stephen King

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 20 May 2009
This review is from: Misery (Paperback)
I got this book out of the library for my boyfriend and ended up being stuck on the bus in traffic with it in my bag so decided to give it a go myself - wow! Almost from the first page I was completely drawn into the story and barely spoke to anyone for the next couple of days until I finished it.

I've never been a big King fan having only previously read Carrie but I really enjoyed this. It had me absolutely terrified in places and by the end I was a nervous wreck. King has paced this novel superbly, every time I started to relax, even slightly, there would be another edge of your seat incident. The climax of the novel was fantastic, I thought my heart was going to burst out of my chest.

Annie is a terrifying character with her unpredictable mood swings and strange moral beliefs. I also liked the way that despite his hatred of her Paul found himself becoming so dependant on her and having to learn how to manage her moods. the relationship between them was the centre of the book and it was fascinating how it developed.

I would highly recommend this book

Change of Heart
Change of Heart
by Jodi Picoult

1.0 out of 5 stars Read The Green Mile instead, 24 Feb. 2009
This review is from: Change of Heart (Hardcover)
I have enjoyed several other novels by Jodi Picoult but this one was just awful. It is a total rip off of Stephen King's The Green Mile and his book is a thousand times better written and more enjoyable. There were no twists or surprises in Jodi's book as I had read King and therefore knew almost exactly what was coming next. Very disapointing
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 11, 2011 2:07 PM GMT

How To Survive Christmas
How To Survive Christmas
by Jilly Cooper OBE

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book!, 18 Dec. 2008
Ok so this book may be a bit dated and irrelevant in places but its utterly charming and makes me laugh out loud! It really illustrates all the highs and lows of the Christmas period in an amusing and original way. I love all Jilly's books and think any fan of hers would certainly enjoy this little gem .