Profile for Gekko > Reviews

Content by Gekko

Gekko (Liverpool UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Fintie Kindle Paperwhite SmartShell Case - The Thinnest and Lightest Cover for All-New Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (Fits All versions: 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 New 300 PPI), Green
Offered by Fintie EU

5.0 out of 5 stars Fintie Kindle Paperwhite SmartShell Case, 7 Mar. 2016
Very robust but smart and slim, holds Kindle securely without elastic straps obscuring your view. Highly recommend it.

Kindle Paperwhite E-reader, 6" High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi (Black) - Includes Special Offers

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Paperwhite, 13 Nov. 2015
It took me 3 months, yes 3 months, to get the courage to give downloading an e-book a go. Once I did, it was SO EASY. Except... I wish their instructions would include simple things for idiots like me, such as tapping the Search thingy, which then brings up the keyboard, so then you can type in the title of the book you want. Very nerve racking. But I did it in the end. With a real book you just put your bookmark in the page - I've got hundreds of bookmarks, but always end up using a tissue! - but with the Kindle I didn't know what to do so I rang my son and asked him. He said you just switch off the Kindle, and then when you switch it on again it saves the page you were up to. I am now looking to replace with e-books all the books I gave to the charity shop when I moved to a smaller house. I no longer have room for shelves full of books. Who wants them? The Kindle is so much better. Oh joy, how technology can make life easier, even for a technophobe like me.

Transcend 16 GB DrivePro 200 Car Video Recorder with Built-In Wi-Fi
Transcend 16 GB DrivePro 200 Car Video Recorder with Built-In Wi-Fi
Offered by SKYWISH

5.0 out of 5 stars Transcend 16GB DrivePro 200 Dashcam, 11 April 2015
Great little camera and I have been glad of it on several occasions, when motorists cut across you on the last minute etc, unbelievable how some drivers take chances especially on the motorway, also road rage. Makes you feel secure when driving to know that you will have a record if the worst happens and you can't argue with video recordings as the police know.

Norton Security 2.0 in 1 User 5 Devices [2015] [Product Key Card]
Norton Security 2.0 in 1 User 5 Devices [2015] [Product Key Card]

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to download but you need to uninstall the older ..., 11 April 2015
Easy to download but you need to uninstall the older Norton first. Previous NOrton products I've had did this automatically, so it's a bit of a pain. Good security tho and came out top in a well known consumer magazine.

Integral Courier 128GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive

RoundUp Gel X2
Offered by Goods Wholesale Ltd

3.0 out of 5 stars RoundUp Gel X2 press on weed killer, 11 April 2015
This review is from: RoundUp Gel X2
Not easy to press it onto a leaf that is in mid air!
Have to put something strong but disposable underneath a free standing leaf so you can press the roundup onto it.

White F5-LED Light Keychain Ring Portable Flashlight Blue
White F5-LED Light Keychain Ring Portable Flashlight Blue
Offered by sourcingmap

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY, 27 Mar. 2015
If I could give it fewer than 1 I would. These torches are complete c**p. I would definitely not recommend them. I bought two. One didn't work. Seller would not accept return. They arrived in a plastic bag no bubble wrap. I've had much much better little torches from the Pound shops. What a complete waste of money!

Pyramid Folding Stool Pyramid Lightweight Aluminium Chair Walking Stick/Folding Seat -
Offered by Warwickshire Clothing

4.0 out of 5 stars Pyramid Folding Lightweight Aluminium Walking Stick/Chair, 19 Aug. 2014
This is a very lightweight walking stick chair. It is the best I could find after much searching. Top marks for the oblong shape of the seat as this is the ideal shape for sitting. The sitting height is ideal: not too low, not too high. The handles at the sides once it is opened are extremely useful to give yourself that extra push to stand up. The height of the item when closed and used as a walking stick I thought would be far too high for me (I am 5'4") however one handle is lower than the other so I hold the lower handle. It is very comfortable to walk with, as the handles are well padded, also you would think that the 4 legs would make it awkward to walk with but it is very ergonomically designed and very easy to use as a walking stick. I agonised over only giving it 4 stars. The reason relates to me personally and I hope that doesn't put off anyone else buying it. When I sit on the soft fabric seat it obviously moulds to the hips and I find it pressing against my hips, which is a bit uncomfortable. I intend to try and find an oblong piece of something rigid to lay on the top with a thin seat pad to resolve this issue.

Silva Tyto Safety Light Twin Pack - One
Silva Tyto Safety Light Twin Pack - One
Offered by Alpine Sports Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Silva Tyto headlamp Twinpack, 2 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Silva Tyto Safety Light Twin Pack
Got these for someone who is a keen runner, and gets up in the dark early hours to start his run. Someone told him he looked like a Christmas Tree with all his flashing lights, but I'd rather he looked like a Christmas Tree than roadkill. I would highly recommend these lights as they are a life-saver.

Toshiba HDWC120EW3J1 2TB Stor.E Canvio USB 3.0 3.5 Inch Desktop Hard Drive - Black/White
Offered by Kikatek

4.0 out of 5 stars Toshiba HDWC 120EW3J1 Stor.E Canvio 2TB usb3 desktop hard drive, 2 Feb. 2014
Took this Toshiba external hard drive out of its box and plugged it into computer usb2 socket - a little blue light comes on - computer recognizes it - transferred loads and loads of stuff onto it. I only gave 4 stars because it is a bit slow to transfer stuff onto it. I already have 2 Toshiba ext hdds and they are like lightning. The Stor.E Canvio one is NTFS so I would have expected it to be faster, but it may have something to do with the fact that I only have the older usb 2 sockets and this is a backwards compatible usb3 drive, so I may be being a little unfair to it. Having said that I am still a little disappointed with the speed of transfer, although very pleased indeed with the massive 2tb capacity.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4