Profile for Bead Addict > Reviews

InterDesign Linus Series 11-inch Clear Turntable
InterDesign Linus Series 11-inch Clear Turntable
Price: 16.17

5.0 out of 5 stars No more losing stuff....., 5 Jun 2014
I bought this item because I was fed up with discovering jars, pots etc at the back of the fridge which were either duplicates or beyond eating (yuk!). Now those items go on this lazy susan and are easy to find. Food isn't wasted or duplicated.

The size fits easily in my fridge and the transparency means it doesn't block light.

ThimblePad-12/Pkg
ThimblePad-12/Pkg
Offered by supermart USA
Price: 4.04

5.0 out of 5 stars Thimbles for non-thimble wearers, 31 May 2014
This review is from: ThimblePad-12/Pkg (Misc.)
If you sew or quilt by hand you will eventually get sore fingers from the pressure point of repeatedly pushing your needle through fabric. The solution is a thimble, but finding the right one can be a lengthy period of trial and error.

These little pads of self adhesive suede can be applied (and re-applied several times) to the exact position you need. They won't fall off, and you don't need to worry about buying the correct size.

In addition, I find that I change pushing finger depending on what I'm sewing. I simply move the pad where it needs to be. No need for multiple thimbles in various sizes.

I can't get on with a conventional thimble which covers the top of my finger.These work for me.

Simplicity 6-Piece EZ Quilting No-Melt Mylar Template Plastic
Simplicity 6-Piece EZ Quilting No-Melt Mylar Template Plastic
Price: 11.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Transparent template plastic, 31 May 2014
This is my second purchase of this product. I use it for applique. The transparency allows me to fussy cut with ease and the template is robust (thick) enough for me to shape fabric around cut out shapes.

The plastic can be cut easily with scissors, but I cut mine with Sizzix dies in a Cuttlebug. Double thickness seems to cut fine using this method.

When drawing around shapes you need to use care because the plastic has a low profile.

All in all whether you like or loathe this product will depend on what you use it for. I love it.

Modern Quilting Designs
Modern Quilting Designs
by Bethany Nicole Pease
Price: 12.95

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing doodles...., 8 Dec 2012
The last reviewer covered the disappoints in this volume in detail. Consequently, I will not repeat these.
I felt that this was a volume of not very well executed doodles in heavy black marker. If you're looking for free motion quilting guidance or inspiration have a look at Leah C Day, Don Linn, Hari Walner,Laura Lee Fritz or for more traditional quilting Pepper Cory, Barbara Chainey and Helen Squire (to name a few...)

For design inspiration and or sketchbooks I'd suggest Creating Sketchbooks for Embroiderers and Textile Artists: Exploring the Embroiderers' Sketchbook by Kay Greenlees.

Save your money. Don't buy this.

Jillian Michaels - Killer Buns and Thighs [DVD]
Jillian Michaels - Killer Buns and Thighs [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jillian Michaels
Offered by wmdservices
Price: 7.73

5.0 out of 5 stars I can feel the effects....., 23 Aug 2012
I have other JM DVD's and purchased this disk to add some variety to my exercise routine. Foolishly I thought that this DVD would be easy. Wrong. Jillian has created a routine which although designed to focus on the dreaded hip area will still give you a great aerobic workout and provide new fitness challenges. Some of the exercises you will have seen before. Jillian is not reinventing the wheel, but she has distilled the essence of exercises which work, and turned them into an effective and fun workout.

Goody Simple Styles Modern Updo Pin - Blonde
Goody Simple Styles Modern Updo Pin - Blonde

5.0 out of 5 stars At last - a bun which stays in place....., 13 Jun 2012
I suspect that this pin is probably a refinement of hair pins our grandmothers or great grandmothers would have recognized. It is the easiest way I have found to create a bun without using a gazillion bobby pins.

This is a tear drop shaped pin with a small curve which enables it to rest comfortably against the natural curve of your head. All you do is twist your hair into a bun/chignon and the updo pin holds your hair in place. The ends are rounded so you won't scratch your scalp or tear your hair.

It does take a little practice and experimentation to find the style that's right for you and your hair length etc. I use it daily to tidy my hair for the school run LOL, and with more care for a formal night out style.

A friend has just bought one for her daughter - prom night approaches.....

Beaded Wild Animals: Puffy Critters for Key Chains, Dangles, Jewelry (Design Originals)
by Suzanne McNeill

5.0 out of 5 stars No wires - hurrah, 13 Jun 2012
I love 3-dimensional bead-work but I don't like working with wire. This book is filled with clear instructions for a variety of little creatures using thread. The illustrated examples are in fairly natural/neutral colors but don't let this put you off. Imagine the butterfly in intense colors, or consider the frog in fantasy colors.

It's probably not a book of beginners projects, but it's full of inspiration for beaders of all levels.

Berkley Fireline Crystal FL3004-CY Superline 4lb,0.10mm, 300yds
Berkley Fireline Crystal FL3004-CY Superline 4lb,0.10mm, 300yds

5.0 out of 5 stars Never mind the fish......, 11 May 2012
Berkley Fireline is my first choice for beading when I want durability and to ensure that the item can be immersed in water.
The main features for me are as follows: strength, transparency, easy to thread, hard to split with your needle when making repeated passes through small beads and has very little (if any) stretch unlike cheaper line.
It's an invaluable thread for beaders. It's cheaper and less frustrating than watching your hard work falling apart in your hands.
I always have this product in my beady stash.

PURElite 3 in 1 Magnifying Lamp
PURElite 3 in 1 Magnifying Lamp
Offered by sewing-online
Price: 58.49

5.0 out of 5 stars The right tool for the job....., 7 Aug 2011
This review is from: PURElite 3 in 1 Magnifying Lamp
I have purchased various magnifying lamps in the past and found fault with them: insufficient reach, too hot, unstable etc.
This lamp meets all my needs. It can be used as a desk lamp, a floor lamp, and a clamp-on lamp. It can be mains or battery powered.
The remarkable thing is that all these options are included in the price.

The light produced is bright enough for close work (sewing, cross stitch, etc) without producing a glare. The LEDs warm up slightly but never get hot so if you're working close to the light source you won't burn yourself. The magnification is excellent.

I wanted to be able to improve task lighting whilst "quilting in the ditch" on my sewing machine. This light has sufficient reach for me to be able to place the lamp on the floor to my right (lens/light positioned in front of needle) and have the quilt to my left. It is now possible to see what I'm doing without getting tangled.

If you need a magnifying light with versatility I'd recommend this one.

Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]
Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred [DVD]
Price: 5.00

5.0 out of 5 stars I can stick to this......, 26 Jun 2011
If you've looked at the Zumba phenomenon and reached for the "off" button on the basis that it's too frenetic, too complicated, too noisy and needs a tennis court rather than the average living room you'll love Jillian's program.

This is a no nonsense regime that focuses on simple strategies and exercises for results. Jillian explains everything clearly. No jargon. No buzz words. No dance moves. The emphasis is on easy stuff; jumping jacks, lunges, etc combined with small hand weights. I started without using the hand weights and added them to the routine as I became familiar with the workouts.

She includes several workouts that build progressively as your fitness level improves. Within each level you are shown entry and intermediate forms of each movement or activity. Good form is essential. The workouts last 20 minutes, and I found that this is a duration I can fit into my day with ease.

I'd recommend this dvd to anyone looking for a straightforward approach to improved fitness.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4