Profile for S. Basu > Reviews

Content by S. Basu

S. Basu "kittyfafa" (that London)

100 x 2nd Class Stamps - Postage Stamp Sheet
100 x 2nd Class Stamps - Postage Stamp Sheet
Offered by Bargains 2 U

5.0 out of 5 stars Stamps, 27 Nov. 2012
Stamps from Royal Mail.

Nothing can go wrong?

And nothing did!

The stickiness was sticky enough. Her Majesty looked regal enough and the blue colour was typical of what one might find on a second class stamp!

BABOLAT V-Pro All Court Men's Tennis Shoes
BABOLAT V-Pro All Court Men's Tennis Shoes

5.0 out of 5 stars Best court shoes out there, 27 Nov. 2012
Pretty sure the last reviewer may have had a dud pair of shoes as I have to say these are the only pair of trainers I have found that cuts the mustard on the courts!

I play a lot of tennis and eton fives (like squash but with gloves) and thus the amount of pressure exerted on the soles, toe area and the inside of the shoes is quite a lot. I have often found that it is the inside of the tennis shoes, near the toes that goes first, but I have never had a problem with these.

I play probably twice a week and am only on my second pair, after 5 years, the last shoes having worn out on the inside of the sole area.

I found the trainers to be extremely comfortable, giving solid support and well protected in the areas that always tend to go first - i.e. toe area and insides of the trainers. These are the only trainers tat I have owned that have not fallen apart on me, before the sole!

I can honestly say that I have tried many other brands with only Adidas coming close in terms of build quality.

Yes, the shoes can be a bit stiff and need a bit of breaking in and it can be fiddly making sure that they fit properly, but once donein terms of support and quality they are fantastic.

Please note, that I have narrow feet and fear that if you have broad feet, then these may not be for you - try the k-swiss instead. It is very important that you get the shoe that best fits your foot rather than just purchase something straight off the shelf!

Strange Games And Things: MIXED BY DJ SPINNA
Strange Games And Things: MIXED BY DJ SPINNA
Offered by JJmusikman

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not great., 4 Jan. 2002
To be honest, I bought "strange games... vol. 3" and was blown away by the funk and soul that was played. The mixing by Kenny Dope was for me unsuprpassed, so when i heard about this collection i bought it without any hesitation.
Unfortunately, i felt rather let down by the choice of tunes and indeed some of the mixing/scratching but it is none the less a quality collection of good tunes. You will find it very difficult to find a better funk and soul compilation that is not by "strange games...", but do I recommend it - yes and no!
It's good but its staying power does wane after a short period of time and where as i have found my Strange games vol. 3 doing the rounds, this collection has stayed with me the whole time.

Back To The Scene Of The Crime
Back To The Scene Of The Crime
Offered by Rock Hopper

5.0 out of 5 stars Ever had an album that everyone keeps borrowing?, 4 Jan. 2002
Then this is another one that you will have to hide away until you have listened to it. No one knows disco better than Joey Negro or how to present it to a 21st century audience.
Disco for a modern age, and my word is it good.
Stunningly crafted with some of the most excellent tunes (all produced by Mr Negro incidentally), one cannot fail to be touched by the music.
Most highly recommended!

Hip Hop Don't Stop : The Greatest
Hip Hop Don't Stop : The Greatest

5.0 out of 5 stars Not often an album makes you feel omnipotent!, 4 Jan. 2002
What can i say, played the album on New Years day in Cornwall for a collection of hippies, bankers, city workers and a general menagerie of people and everyone loved it. So much for relaxing the day after New Years eve! This album brought the house down.
DJ Prime Cuts has totally selected the choicest cuts of Old School Hip Hop and with his magnificent blend of scratching, cut and pasting as only one of the scratch perverts can do has created a collection that is, dare I say it unbeatable to surpass. If you like Old School, superb scratching then buy it - and if you don't like hip hop - buy it! You may find yourself quietly surprised!

Strange Games and Funky Things III
Strange Games and Funky Things III

5.0 out of 5 stars Second only to sex! This is a most magical album!, 10 Mar. 2001
Ever wondered why, when you have such a large cd-collection, you somehow can't decide what to listen to? Well, listen up, this is for you! After many years in the dance world, and a need to chill out and listen to my heart, i decided on a somewhat mellower direction for my musical tastes. This compilation not only satisfied my needs but put the smile back on my face for that morning rush to work.
It is a phenomonal piece of craftsmanship. Kenny Dope creates a magical set of emotional music for the soul. With the addition of a little bit of scratching here and there the end result is a menagerie of fine grooves, quality vocal tunes and something to make your day sparkle. The fact that the other two cd's contain the un-mixed tracks is a bonus. Believe me, you will be singing a lot of the tunes for many days to come.
Think summer, winter, rain or shine but whatever, think of a smile on your face, whether driving through rush hour traffic or stretching on a beach. I cannot recommend this album much more highly!!
Buy it and you will not be disappointed!