Profile for Crazy Cow Vet > Reviews

Content by Crazy Cow Vet

Crazy Cow Vet (UK)

Letter to Daniel: Despatches from the Heart (BBC)
Letter to Daniel: Despatches from the Heart (BBC)
by Fergal Keane

4.0 out of 5 stars Expand your mind, 13 April 2006
As with the other books I've read by this author, it never ceases to amaze me how little I know about what has gone on on this planet whilst I've been alive, let alone what happened before I arrived. Keane's straight from the heart stories astonish you - despite avidly following news and reading newspapers, you do not realise how many of the world's events just pass us all by. I have discovered some truly horrific things about the human race as well as some touching stories. Keane is a true storyteller as well as a journalist, and this book links the two styles of writing well. This book takes you from Rwanda to the old Yugoslavia with snippets from Keane's time here - moving, interesting and inspiring.

Ethiopiques Vol. 4 (1969-1974)
Ethiopiques Vol. 4 (1969-1974)
Price: 13.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Lazy days, 12 April 2006
I discovered this album after listening to the "Broken Flowers" Soundtrack (2006 Bill Murray film) on which some of this Ethiopian music features. It is hard to categorise this album, you really need to listen to the samples on Amazon to be able to understand why! Listening to it takes you away to a different place, perhaps on a riverbank drinking a cool beer or to some mystical African city of intrigue and mystery... HIghly recommended for the ultimate in chill out music with a bit of a twist.