Profile for Melissa Addey > Reviews

Content by Melissa Addey

Melissa Addey "Melissa" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-13
Babygrow in Giraffe design fabric by Frilly Lily for Boy Baby Dolls 12-14 inch (30-36 cm)DOLL NOT INCLUDED To fit dolls such as My Little Baby Born ,and My First Baby Annabell
Offered by Frilly Lily

4.0 out of 5 stars Very cute and good quality. Bit expensive (I would not, 18 Dec. 2015
Very cute and good quality. Bit expensive (I would not, for example, buy several for my little girl to be able to have fun changing the clothes as I would if cheaper). But well made.

Canon PIXMA MG5650 All-in-One Wi-Fi Printer - Black
Canon PIXMA MG5650 All-in-One Wi-Fi Printer - Black
Offered by Technology Geek's

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but INSANELY loud!, 18 Dec. 2015
My previous all in 1 Canon was great, hence buying this one when I needed a new one. They are very similar in many ways except this new one is SO loud! Printing used to be something I could do of an evening, perhaps setting a big print off before going to bed. Can't do that now! First time it printed, it work up my baby who was sleeping in a room down the hall! Even when you turn it off it does a big noisy production of shutting down. Quite annoying and no idea why, the last one was really quite quiet. Otherwise, does a good job but I have docked a star for the noise!

Everyday Super Food
Everyday Super Food
by Jamie Oliver

5.0 out of 5 stars Great breakfast ideas, 27 Oct. 2015
This review is from: Everyday Super Food (Hardcover)
Really nice book, great recipes, especially for new and interesting breakfasts which most recipe books sadly lack. My husband does weekend breakfasts and this has made them very interesting and yummy!

20 Giant Chalks
20 Giant Chalks
Offered by AONESTATIONERY

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 27 Oct. 2015
This review is from: 20 Giant Chalks (Toy)
Really fun for drawing on the front path. Kids love it. They do tend to break a bit easily if dropped but can still be used so no harm done.

LEGO Friends 41034: Summer Caravan
LEGO Friends 41034: Summer Caravan
Offered by -CENTRO-UK- (100% POSITIVE RATED; 10,000+ FEEDBACKS)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great set - but why for girls??, 27 Oct. 2015
This is a very good value set (you usually get hardly anything from Lego at vast expense) - this one has loads of interesting bits, took a whole afternoon to put together with my young son. BUT Why is it aimed at girls? Why does Lego have to have a girls set? Lego is Lego, the whole point is you use your imagination to make whatever you want. Modern era, people!

Kitchen Craft Colourworks Melamine Tumblers, 225 ml - Set of 4
Kitchen Craft Colourworks Melamine Tumblers, 225 ml - Set of 4

5.0 out of 5 stars ... to 'big cups' (not sippy cups) and these are great - chunky, 27 Oct. 2015
My son wanted to progress to 'big cups' (not sippy cups) and these are great - chunky, can be dropped, colourful and dishwasher proof. he felt very grown up!

The Box of Demons
The Box of Demons
by Daniel Whelan

5.0 out of 5 stars Funny but with a moving element, 27 Oct. 2015
This review is from: The Box of Demons (Hardcover)
I had my young nephew (11) in mind for this book, but being a fan of Pratchett had a go at it myself first... It's funny, well-paced and enjoyable to read, the story of a young boy, lonely and tormented by a box of demons that seem very attached to him. At the start I thought it was going to be laughs all the way but actually there is a moving and really quite sad element to the story regarding his mother, who is in an institution and supposed to be mad. As another reviewer mentioned, I did wonder whether Ben (the protagonist) was also going mad - or conversely his mother was actually perfectly sane. I found the scenes with the mother (and other scenes where she is not present but her family are coping with the repercussions of her situation) very moving and it did make me curious to see future writing from Whelan aimed at an adult audience, as I found these parts very strong and it made the book more 'grown up' than it might at first seem. I wouldn't give it to a younger child (mostly because of the mother element) but I think a slightly older (14 up?) would really enjoy it. Great book - keeping it for myself after all and hope to read more from this author in the future.

1000 Memories
1000 Memories

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your usual memoir, 8 Sept. 2015
This review is from: 1000 Memories (Kindle Edition)
This memoir is made up of fragments - of the brief flashes of games, friends, fears, joys and chores that make up all our lives. Some are personal to the author, others are familiar to anyone who has been a child and young person. I enjoyed it as something different from the 'misery memoir' which I find awful - instead this childhood is made up of mostly positive memories and is the better for it in my opinion. An easy and enjoyable read that will have you reminscing about your own life.

How to Write a Nonfiction eBook in 21 Days - That Readers LOVE!
How to Write a Nonfiction eBook in 21 Days - That Readers LOVE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped me get my own book done!, 1 May 2015
Have enjoyed a lot of Steve's books and found them useful and practical and not 'padded' the way a lot of these kinds of books can be. My own non fiction book (100 Things to do while Breastfeeding) is now complete and published: so thanks for your help, Steve! Would recommend.

Pack of 12 - Smile Face Bouncing Balls - Great for Surprise Children's Party Loot Bag
Offered by The Fairy Box

1.0 out of 5 stars Tiny!, 3 Oct. 2014
I thought these were like those foam balls a bit smaller than a tennis ball... they are actually abut 1 inch in diameter and I can't imagine very safe for most little children's party bags! Very disappointed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 1, 2014 3:24 PM GMT