Profile for Muhammad Tayyab > Reviews

Content by Muhammad Tayyab

Muhammad Tayyab

Anker® 40W 5-Port Family-Sized Desktop USB Wall Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 5S, 5C, 5, 4S, iPad Air, Mini, Galaxy S5, S4, S3, Note 3, 3, Tab 4, 3, 2, Pro, HTC One (M8), Google Nexus 4, 5, 7, 10, External Battery, PS Vita, Gopro and more (Black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Saver for Travelers ..., 23 Feb 2014
I am a big fan of this product ... for some one who has to carry a couple of phones and a tablet this saves me from carrying separate chargers for every item. All I need now is this handy device which is smaller than an iPhone and charging cables. PowerIQ technology present in Anker products means multiple items charge at full speed & at the same time as well.

I must also add that I like the soft touch coating on the product. I also use Anker® 2nd Gen Astro2 9000mAh (3A Output) External Battery which has the same exterior texture. It is a matter of personal preference but little details like these differentiate a product from competition.

Detachable standard power cord (which don't cost much) means that you can get different cords if you travel internationally and don't need to get converters. I used it successfully with a power cord with a European plug which means even less packing.

I must also add that I didn't face any noise problems that some of the reviewers mentioned. It is totally quiet. You wouldn't even notice it if you use it in the bedroom.

It is a wise spend if you are thinking about it. For individual chargers costing around £15 & different Amp requirements for each gadget this device will serve you well.

Anker® TC810 Ultra-Slim Folio Bluetooth Keyboard Case for iPad mini / iPad mini with Retina Display - Smart Case and Magnetically Detachable Keyboard (Tuxedo-black)
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Keyboard Case ..., 7 Jan 2014
The actual case is lightweight, a nice colour and easy to open and close. The logo isn't too obvious which is always a concern of mine.
It's easy to use, start, turn off & provides 360' protection.
The magnetic hold is quite strong (between case and keyboard) which is good to hold the keyboard in place but can be a little difficult to move the keyboard around - which isn't too big of an issue.
As other reviewers have mentioned the real star of this case is The keyboard which magnetically attaches to the case with ease and is great to use - typing this review on the keyboard too!
The keyboard short cuts include brightness change, opening homepage on iPad, opening safari, etc. I specifically mentioned it as it reduces the need to touch the actual iPad to a minimum unless you want to go into a different app or something. All very handy and practical!
Another great feature is that the keyboard is not part of the case so even if you want to change your case further down the line for any reason you can still use the keyboard. You can also pair with any other gadget with Bluetooth capability making it a really handy accessory.

Compared to £55 cases supplied by Apple it is extremely good value. I like it and would recommend purchasing - very light, portable and sleek.

An additional note, I really liked the Eco friendly and minimalist packaging. It is secure and sturdy but really cuts down on unnecessary wastage. As they say every little helps and in this case the manufacturer definitely has got the right idea.

Anker® USB 3.0 to 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN Network Adapter for Windows, Mac and Linux (White)

5.0 out of 5 stars Best for Notebooks, 22 Oct 2013
The product is really useful and lives up to Anker name.
I have tested on Windows 7 and Windows 8 and in both instances the performance was great.

In terms of installation I didn't find it to be plug and play in the first instance. Windows was not able to find the drivers completely on it own.
What one needs to do is go into My Computer & you should see a new drive under Devices with removable storage with a name "Realteck USB GBE Family Controller", open it up it will install the drivers right away. It is a one time process and took just under a minute & the device was fully functional. It might not be the case with everyone but it might be helpful for someone.

Another thing to note is when the device is functional there is red light on the main body under the writing "3.0 & 1 Gbps". Its not a problem or anything but just another bit of information for anyone who is interested. I took some pictures but can't seem to figure out how to post them.

I used it on USB 3.0 port on my laptop & I was able to copy a 21 GB file rapidly with a max speed of 90 MB/sec. The file copy speed ranged between 80-90 MB/sec. It is right on par with built-in Gigabit Ethernet port.

Overall for all the notebooks & MacBook owners who face issues with reduced speeds owing to lack of Ethernet port this is the best solution. Wifi is great but still you can't defeat a good old wired connection. It can also be useful for those who have damaged their built-in Ethernet ports. Above all for this price you can't go wrong.

XO Digital Optical Cable 2m / 2 Metre Premium Install Series - suitable for PS3, Sky, Sky HD, LCD, LED, Plasma, Blu-ray, Home Cinema Systems, AV Amps
Offered by HDCentral

5.0 out of 5 stars Optical Cable for PS3, 30 Mar 2010
I bought this cable to use with my PS3. It arrived the next day, (Funny Thing: I got dispatch email from Amazon 2 days after I received the cable, so don't bother just in case you don't see any update on your package tracking). The wire works perfectly. Super fast delivery, extremely happy with the service.

As I said earlier I bought this cable especially for PS3. For the first 3 days I tried almost everything but couldn't get any sound. I kept reading different forums to check what I was doing wrong but no use. I thought it was a faulty cable or something wrong with my PS3 settings. In the end it turned out that you have to pay attention to your sound system, to make sure it has proper settings as well. Just to help out anyone out there like me. I will write down the whole procedure.

1. Put one end of the cable in optical socket of PS3. (There is only one, so you can't get it wrong there)
2. Just to check if your cable is working fine, check if you are getting the Red Light coming out from the other end. If its not, its either something wrong with your connection/PS3 or the cable.
3. Put the other end of the cable in the Digital Input socket of your sound system.
4. Go into your PS3 "Sound Settings" & check Digital Optical, then select DTS Dolby 5.1 CH & DTS 5.1 Ch ( Two Linear options would be already selected by default, leave them as they are)
5. With your joy stick move to next screen & complete the process.
6. Go into the DVD/BD options screen and under output, select "bitstream" rather than linear PCM. (It should be in the sound settings but I don't know what the PS3 team is thinking)
7. Last step make sure that your system is set to receive "Digital Input", If you selected any other source as sound input then you will not get any sound (as it happened to me). I suggest you check manual for your sound system just in case.

& by now you should have amazing sound & you will agree with me it will totally change your gaming/movie experience. I would recommend everyone to buy one. If you haven't already you are missing out.

One last thing: As other reviews on similar products have mentioned as well, Optical Sound has NOTHING to do with the cable being "Gold Plated". Don't even bother paying extra for those cables.