Profile for Mrs. N. A. Miles > Reviews

Content by Mrs. N. A. Miles

Mrs. N. A. Miles (England)

Page: 1 | 2
RAZER GOLIATHUS OMEGA SMALL SPEED MOUSE MAT
RAZER GOLIATHUS OMEGA SMALL SPEED MOUSE MAT

5.0 out of 5 stars Good., 20 April 2009
This mat is the size of a standard(non-Razer) mat. Its got a good surface and is cheap compared to other Razer mats.

Red Road from Stalingrad: Recollections of a Soviet Infantryman
Red Road from Stalingrad: Recollections of a Soviet Infantryman
by Mansur Abdulin

3.0 out of 5 stars Agree., 24 Feb 2009
I agree with Richard Miles "Stilletto_Rebel". I gave 3 stars because its not that common to find a Soviet book in English, so its worth more than it normally would be, for that reason.

Empire: Total War (PC DVD)
Empire: Total War (PC DVD)
Offered by Digitalville UK
Price: 7.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Steam, 24 Feb 2009
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
You can't knock the game for using Steam, the actual game is great. They use Steam for copy protection. I think Steam is a load of rubbish, but its that or Scurrom. Its just something us gamers will have to put up with from now on in I'm afraid :(
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2009 9:37 AM GMT

Sniper on the Eastern Front: The Memoirs of Sepp Allerberger, Knight's Cross
Sniper on the Eastern Front: The Memoirs of Sepp Allerberger, Knight's Cross
by Albrecht Wacker

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, but biased., 12 Dec 2008
First off, this book is violent and graphic, as you might expect from a book about World War Two. This book tells the story of a German sniper on the Eastern front. It is a very personal view. The book goes into detail about many kills. It is a fantastic book because it brings the personal life on a sniper/rifleman/soldier in WWII, something you don't get in normal books concerning the subject. However, it is very biased its written in a way that makes the Nazi invaders appear the victims of the USSR. It lists many atrocities performed by the Soviet Army, yet there are no accounts of any wrong doing by the Nazi troops. It also portraits the Russians as beasts and tries to make you almost discount there death as a bad thing. I also find it disturbing that "Sepp" is has apparently been haunted ever since by the fact that he failed to retrieve a comrades dogtags, yet he thinks nothing of the fact that he would purposely aim for the Soviet soldiers kidneys and guts in order to prolong death and cause the maximum agony. Even though I find myself disliking "Sepp" as a person for his cold infliction of mostly unnecessary pain, I applaud him for coming forward and letting this book be written about his exploits, it is a valuable insight into the personal level on the Eastern front. I would recommend this book to anyone interested in German/Soviet action during WWII. It is a short book and only took me a couple of days to read, but every page is full of interesting material and it never gets boring.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 14, 2010 4:00 PM BST

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2)
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2)
Offered by Turbotrance
Price: 10.47

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointment, 30 July 2006
I love the GTA games. I bought this game as soon as it came out, I was so excited that I didn't see how bad it was at first. After the first few missions I saw how bad the game really was. The graphics have hardly been improved at all, the death of people is very unrealistic. The story line is the biggest downfall however, what ever happened to tommy? At this low price though its worth it, but if you havent played GTA 3 or Vice City then get those first. GTA: SA comes 3 after Vicy City then GTA 3. I have just ordered GTA: LCS and am glad to be back with Tommy.

The Cardinal of the Kremlin
The Cardinal of the Kremlin
by Tom Clancy
Price: 7.19

2.0 out of 5 stars Good, but flawed., 12 July 2006
This is good book. It is one you just can't put down. The characters are great, why have I only given 2 stars then? Well, the plot is ridiculous, it is so pro-USA that it is unbelievable, the US win all the conflicts, even when they are not in direct competition with the Soviets. The Russians are at a loss whatever happens, the US have a spy high up in Russia who has been giving them info on EVERYTHING the soviets have/planed, while the highest soviet spy is doublecrossing Russia. After 30 years the Soviets catch the spy, only to have him rescued and flown to the US. Read this book if you have spare time, it is exciting, or if you are VERY pro-US.

Blitzkrieg II (PC DVD)
Blitzkrieg II (PC DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good., 21 Jun 2006
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I love the Blitzkreig series! This is a great "next gen" game for the Blitzkrieg series. It is very much the same, but with upgrades all rounds as well as the new ship battles. You can upgrade your core units now, and as they gain exp they unlock better abilities to use in battle. The graphics have been upgraded, but in my opinion are not as good as the others :P I just like the old skool graphics.....lol I love the new explosions though ^_^ The Price! You have to buy this game for under 10! What other game offers you the name, quality and fun for under 10? BUY IT!

Imperialism 2 (PC CD)
Imperialism 2 (PC CD)

3.0 out of 5 stars Old., 21 Jun 2006
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Imperialism 2 (PC CD) (Video Game)
This game is old. If I had bought it about 2 years ago then I would have given it 5 stars, but it just cannot compair to the likes of civ 3/4. Although it is cheap I would still urge you to spend that little extra and buy a more recent game.

The Day After (PC)
The Day After (PC)
Offered by Satsumo
Price: 7.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Same old, same old., 16 Jun 2006
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: The Day After (PC) (Video Game)
This game is a clone on the Blitzkrieg series, the RTS secton is exactly the same as Blitzkrieg, even down to the "out of ammo" icons although it has different units. It does have an extra turn based strategy mode to manage resources ect, but this is very disapointing. The only real differance it has going for it is the setting, but even this has nearly the same countries as Blitzkrieg (US/UK, France/Germany, China, USSR). I have played all the Blitzkrieg games so this is boring now, but if you have not played them I would urge you to get is (it only costs 8 quid. If you prefer the WWII setting go for the Blitzkrieg series as they are cheap as well.

Sapphire ATI Radeon 9600 XT 256MB AGP8X Graphic Card with DVI & TV-Out Lite Retail

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Card!, 9 April 2006
I am in the process of upgrading my PC to play the next gen games, I have recently bought an extra 1G of RAM which brings me up to 1.5G. I spent ages looking around for a suitable card, since I have to buy alot of other stuff I was on a budget. This card can cope with all but the newest games on the highest settings (Doom 3, HL2, Far Cry). I feel that for the price its fantastic value, I also found that before I bought my Creative 7.1 sound card, it freed up my on-board sound and cut-scenes were no longer jumping. It was also very easy to install, there is only one AGP slot so you can't go wrong ;)
I feel this is even better overall than the newest graphics cards, it can run all games without the huge price tag. So you have been trawling the net for a fantastic, capable Graphics card, STOP! You've found it ^_^

Page: 1 | 2