Profile for C. Daly > Reviews

Content by C. Daly

C. Daly "chezmite" (Carshalton, London UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Snuz Crib Bedding Set - Cloud Nine Print (Fits SnuzPod and Chicco Next2Me)
Snuz Crib Bedding Set - Cloud Nine Print (Fits SnuzPod and Chicco Next2Me)

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely beautiful sheets. I have also purchased the cactus set, 4 July 2016
Absolutely beautiful sheets. I have also purchased the cactus set. They are soft and wash really well.

CharmLeaks Women's Maternity Underwear Cotton Knickers/Panties Nursing Briefs Assorted Pack of 4
Offered by colorcube
Price: £9.99 - £12.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfortable, 14 Jun. 2016
I brought a pack of these as I am now in my third trimester and my normal knickers keep rolling down.

They are really comfortable and sit perfectly around the bottom part of my bump. They have washed very well too, maintaining their shape and elasticity. I like them enough that I am purchasing my second pack today.

SnuzPod Bedside Crib and Mattress (Natural)
SnuzPod Bedside Crib and Mattress (Natural)
Offered by The Little Green Sheep

5.0 out of 5 stars I really love this crib, 10 Jun. 2016
I really love this crib.

I first saw it at a mother and baby fair and it really stood out from it's competitors and is much more versatile than a traditional Moses basket. It secures very well to the side of any bed we have tried it on and comes with several straps for different bed styles. The little window means that we can see bubba and he can see us if he wakes in the night and when he is struggling to settle I have the side down and lay on the bed with my hand on him and it seems to sooth him.

In the daytime we sometimes carry the top bit into the front room so that he can sleep near me and also so that I can rock him in it. It is surprisingly light.

When baby is a little bigger we will use it as a stand alone crib with the extra front bar in and my plan is to have in sleep in the detachable top bit of the crib inside his big crib to integrate him across for one crib to the other when the time comes.

It cam flat pack but my husband seemed to have no problem putting it together and said it did not require any tools other than the allen key that came with it.

Supermarket Mania® 2 (Full)
Supermarket Mania® 2 (Full)

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive Little Game, 17 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Supermarket Mania® 2 (Full) (App)
A good time management game with a lot to keep you busy on each level.

Coleman Coastline 3 Man Tent (Old Version)
Coleman Coastline 3 Man Tent (Old Version)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Tent for Car holidays/Festivals, 4 April 2012
I have owned this tent for 3 years now and I can honestly say it is the best tent of it's kind that I have ever owned.

It's very eary to assemble and take down, once you have the three support poles that form the arches in place you're pretty much done. I have used this tent for festivals and camping holidays and it has yet to let me down and has stood against all types of English weather.

The sleeping area easily fits a kingsize inflatable matteress with room around the edge for bags and the porch is so large you can easily store your equipment and boot in there and still have room to move around.

Stronghold 3 (PC DVD)
Stronghold 3 (PC DVD)
Offered by Gameseek

1.0 out of 5 stars The biggest disappointment, 15 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Stronghold 3 (PC DVD) (DVD-ROM)
Where to start with this game. Firstly the game play is awful, the units just won't do what you tell them to and this makes the simplest tasks ridicuously hard. Secondly the game constantly crashes dispite a patch released just days after release.

If I could get my money back I would. It is a real shame as the previous stronghold games are excellent.

The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD)
The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD)

2.0 out of 5 stars Can't believe I'm writing a bad review for the Sims!, 17 Mar. 2011
This review is from: The Sims 3 (PC/Mac DVD) (CD-ROM)
As with a lot of other people writing reviews on here, I have been an avid fan of the Sims series for the past 10 years. When a new release came out I went out and brought it (yes even the H&M stuff). So naturally I got the sims 3 on it's release day in the UK.

Unfortunately all I can say for the Sims 3 is it looks very pretty and has a lot of good ideas, but ultimately it massively fails as an enjoyable game to play. The Sims and the Sims 2 were instantly addictive games, so much so that I still enjoy playing the Sims 2 now. The Sims 3 is okay, but just doesn't have enough to keep me playing beyond an hour.

The Sims 3 appears to offer everything you would want in terms of progression of the Sims genre. The idea that you can just walk from one lot to another, a more natural progression for the sims in their careers/ home life and so forth. However the game just falls flat. For all it's free flowing ideals it is actually pretty rigid. The inital home build is awkward and buggy (roofs wouldn't go on till I patched it) and for all my trying I can't seem to jump between families, it just saves that family but none of their progression. There goes the fun I used to have controlling the whole neighbourhood (putting my God complex away now). Call me dull but I don't want to play as just one familiy at a time.

In addition to all this the whole Sims brand has just become one big money making scam, YES a SCAM. As other people on here have pointed out all ready, the base game just isn't good enough and the developers are really relying on you buying the overpriced expansion packs. Don't get me wrong, they do add to the game experience, but the difference yet again is that with the previous Sims incarnations the base game was excellent and the expansions just built on that, you did not have to rely on them to make the game playable. Also gone are the days of fans designing their own houses and clothes, etc. Now you can get fan designed stuff, but you have to do it through official channels like the main website and a lot of the time there is a price tag attatched.

All in all to sum up this review, play the Sims 2 and wait to see if they have sorted out the game play by Sims 4.

The Sims 2: Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff (PC CD)
The Sims 2: Kitchen & Bath Interior Design Stuff (PC CD)
Offered by marxwax

3.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff but, not good value., 6 Jun. 2008
I have been a big fan of the Sims for a very long time and I brought all of the expansion packs for Sims 1 and I now own all of the expansion packs for Sims 2.

The items on this expansion pack are very nice and stylish, especially the hairstyles and clothing. However I was a bit disappointed by the amount of Kitchen and bathroom items I got. I feel that the average asking price for this game, between 7.50 and 9.00, is too high for the content, particuarly when you consider than EA are about to release another pack, 'Ikea Stuff. I have to question whether or not they could have delayed this item and combined the two to make it better value for money. Then again if people will buy it at this price then their current marketing stratergy obviously works.

I was lucky enough to buy my copy second hand for cheap. I would recommend any of the expansion packs to people, however my advice would be that unless it is a full expansion pack like Seasons or Freetime, hunt around and buy it for a cheap as possible.

Hope this helps.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 6, 2009 4:04 PM BST

Romancing Mr Bridgerton: Number 4 in series (Bridgerton Family)
Romancing Mr Bridgerton: Number 4 in series (Bridgerton Family)
by Julia Quinn

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful novel, 12 April 2008
I have been an avid reader of the 'historical romance' genre for quite a few years and after a while all the stories can seem to blend into one. Therefore it is such a delight to discover a book like this one, what a breath of fresh air. I really couldn't put it down.

Both the characters of Penelope and Colin are delightfully rounded (as Colin admits himself he is not the brooding hero) and the friendship between the two is brilliantly developed.

A must read for anyone who enjoys this genre and I would not hesitate to recommend this book a thousand times over.

Stubbs The Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse (PC DVD)
Stubbs The Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse (PC DVD)

4.0 out of 5 stars Be The Zombie, 18 May 2007
The catchphrase sums it up, 'Be The Zombie'. I cannot tell you how entertainingn I found this concept and the game itself. You start most levels outnumbered however through your ability to eat brains you can soon turn the tide and have a whole zombie army on your side.

It is funny, especially the end of the police station level (you will know what i mean when you get there), has a great soundtrack and easy to get the hang of. The game probably works a little better on the Xbox platform that it was designed for, as the controls were a little clumbsy and I had to keep centering the camera. It is a little easy and a little short, therefore hardcore gamers might get a little bored with it. But if you are like me and really hate games where you get stuck and lose interest, then this is for you.

I really hope that they make a sequel.

Page: 1 | 2