Profile for Kate's > Reviews

Lost in France
Lost in France
by Daron Hogg

4.0 out of 5 stars A great story, 20 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Lost in France (Paperback)
I loved this book. It tells of a time that I remember well. Slightly annoying typo errors but nevertheless a great story! I bought it on the recommendation of a good friend...money well spent!

A History of English Food
A History of English Food
by Clarissa Dickson Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic, 20 Oct. 2011
After seeing Clarissa's TV interview, I couldn't resist adding this to my collection of cookery books, but it is much more than that.. It is informative and amusing,and much like Keith Floyd's books you can hear the writer's voice throughout. Most enjoyable, and a book I shall refer to again and again. Well worth it!

Ruddigore
Ruddigore

4.0 out of 5 stars An Old Favourite, 20 Oct. 2011
This review is from: Ruddigore (Audio CD)
I have known and loved this operetta since I was 15 years old...previously I only had it on vinyl, but at such a great price I couldn't resist it...

It arrived in record time (considering I live in Spain) well done Amazon....

Beatrix Potter The Complete Tales: The 23 Original Tales
Beatrix Potter The Complete Tales: The 23 Original Tales
by Beatrix Potter

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood memories passed to a new audience, 18 April 2011
Being really familiar with the individual Beatrix Potter books I was delighted to see The Complete Tales available at a very good price. I live and work in Spain and I have been introducing Primary school children to the wonderful stories and illustrations. We tried getting them to act out the Tale of Peter Rabbit... and frankly ALL the boys wanted to be Peter...but the girls had many opportunities too... we had to run through it several times so that everyone had a turn... We plan to continue doing this with further stories - meanwhile I can use 'lesson preparation' as a great excuse to indulge my love of the book. The delivery time surprised me it was quicker than I had expected... only five days after the order, and we are not in mainland Spain!

Winnie-the-Pooh - The Complete Collection of Stories and Poems
Winnie-the-Pooh - The Complete Collection of Stories and Poems
by A. A. Milne

5.0 out of 5 stars A return to sharing childhood memories, 18 April 2011
I decided to buy this book because as a child I just loved the poems and the stories. I teach English to children in Primary school and although sometimes the language has to simplified and explained, they just love the stories.... not just Winnie the Pooh but most of the rest of the content. The 'best bits' for them is acting out the stories and the poems..... the 'best bits' for me is being able to dip into the book time and time again...naturally all the the cause of lesson preparation!

Moonlight - Season 1 - Complete [DVD] [2008]
Moonlight - Season 1 - Complete [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Alex O'Loughlin

5.0 out of 5 stars Had to have a record of it!!, 26 Feb. 2009
There was only one series made of Moonlight and having watched an episode by accident whilst I was in Spain I had to make sure I could watch it again whenever I wanted to