Profile for A vision in purple. > Reviews

Content by A vision in pu...

A vision in purple.

Police, Lies and Alibis: The True Story of a Front Line Officer
Police, Lies and Alibis: The True Story of a Front Line Officer
by John Donoghue

5.0 out of 5 stars My first encounter with a 'true story of a...', 19 Jan. 2014
I've not read a book of this type before, so wasn't really sure if it was my kind of read. However, once I picked it up I struggled to put it back down again. The previous reviews informed me that this was a 'laugh a minute' and that I would probably laugh out loud. I did. However, I also got a sense of the challenges that John has faced as well as felt some of his fears, which he portrayed honestly. I got drawn in to his experiences as a police officer, and yes, some were really funny, others, which showed the real vulnerability of this job, made me stop and think. This book is extremely well written and cleverly done so too. There were quite a few sentences that I had to re-read because otherwise I would have missed the joke. I liked this!

There were certain sections that I felt the need to share. I was unable to do this successfully as I knew the ending - this meant I couldn't help but laugh out loud again, half way through, and completely ruin the story. If you think someone would appreciate hearing some of this work then I suggest you buy them their own copy and let them enjoy it first hand!