Profile for A. Birmingham > Reviews

Content by A. Birmingham

A. Birmingham (Oxon, UK)

Bigjigs Toys BJ195 Snazzy Maracas (One Pair - Designs Vary)
Bigjigs Toys BJ195 Snazzy Maracas (One Pair - Designs Vary)
Offered by Top Value Prices

2.0 out of 5 stars Microscopic!, 15 Jan 2014
These things are tiny, about 3" long! I bought them as a joke to go with a video by Miranda for my wife, should have saved my cash.

Epson Stylus Sx235W All-In-One Printer with High Speed Wifi (Print, Copy and Scan)

1.0 out of 5 stars Utter rubbish, 5 Jan 2014
Didn't feed paper properly if at all, print quality was very poor even for a cheap printer, DO NOT BUY THIS!

Kingston Technology  USB 3.0 Media Reader
Kingston Technology USB 3.0 Media Reader

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and reliable, 5 Jan 2014
Plug and play, nice and fast, does what it says on the tin. The lead has a non standard USB connector at the catd reader end so you can't just grab the nearest one and go, it must be the supplied lead.

Black Rapid RS-DR2 Strap with 5 Year Product Warranty
Black Rapid RS-DR2 Strap with 5 Year Product Warranty

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 5 Jan 2014
Easy to set up and use, well made and comfortable. Be aware if using this at weddings etc your cameras may knock things off tables or bump people.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit, 5 Jan 2014
Quick and easy to fit, I bought this because I have the modifiers etc and just needed to be able to put them straight onto the flash without the need for the adapter I had.

Samsung WIS12ABGN/XEC Allshare (DLNA) Smart TV Wireless Dongle
Samsung WIS12ABGN/XEC Allshare (DLNA) Smart TV Wireless Dongle
Offered by M.T.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, 5 Jan 2014
I bought this wondering if it would work on my Samsung tele because it is about 3 years old, it arrived quickly, I plugged it in and the tele accepted it immediately.

Philips Nivea For Men Coolskin HS8420 Rechargeable Shaver With Battery Indicator
Offered by AOT (VAT registered)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great shave, lotion is expensive and hard to find on the high street, 5 Jan 2014
The razor itself is good, I have used Philips for a long time and only bought this one because the battery was starting to fade on my old razor.

Wet shaving with an electric shaver is new to me and it definitely works better than dry shaving, especially if you use the lotion, you don't need much of this and after a few days I am able to shave my whole face with only three/four presses of the dsipense button.

This would get 5 stars if it weren't for the price of the lotion, you get a small 35ml bottle with the shaver, on Amazon and the Boots website they it comes in 75ml bottles which cost about £7 each - apparently they last about 6 months each. I have looked in several high street shops and supermarkets but could not find it there so to get this stuff it looks like you have to go online. I do feel it is expensive for what it is but the shave it gives is very close and it prevents soreness afterwards.

Nespresso CitiZ and Milk by Magimix M190 Coffee Machine - Limousine Black
Nespresso CitiZ and Milk by Magimix M190 Coffee Machine - Limousine Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Best thing I've bought in years, 24 Mar 2013
I bought this item just after Christmas after reading loads of reviews.
The main concern I had was whether or not the coffee would be hot enough and to be honest if I use cold milk it isn't but by warming it first it is plenty hot enough and has a nice froth on top.
I don't like espresso but the capsules make great normal coffee too, just put the normal amount of milk in the warmer and programme the machine to fill the mug then stir.
Capsules from nespresso are the same price as the shops and taste great.
It's a little noisy but no worse than a kettle but I do shut the kitchen door to avoid waking people early in the morning.
It isn't the best device for a party or large group as you can only do one at a time.

Opteka SB-1 Mini Universal Studio Soft Box Flash Diffuser for Canon EOS, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Sony, Sigma, & Other External Flash Units
Offered by 47th Street Photo

4.0 out of 5 stars surprisingly good, 13 Dec 2011
For the price I decided this was worth a punt and it has proved worthwhile. Easy to fit, gives good results. It is universal to so many different flash guns by using a velcro strap and folds flat so easy to store. There is a bit of light escaping at the corners but it is insignificant.

Car + Home Stereo Auxiliary AUX-IN Input Lead / Cable 3.5mm for iPods, iPhone 6, 6+, 5S, 5, 4S, 4, 3GS, 3G, smartphones, mp3 players and tablets (30cm)
Offered by InCarCables Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Well Made and Good Service, 17 Jun 2010
I bought this in preference to cheaper cables because it will be used to connect a radio receiver to a studio flash light. The cable is thick and flexible and the jack plugs are covered in thick rubber. I also tested it by connecting my phone to the car stereo, the sound was fine!