Profile for The Jones Family, Surrey > Reviews

Content by The Jones Fami...

The Jones Family, Surrey

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
New York Air: The View from Above
New York Air: The View from Above
by George Steinmetz

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful book with fascinating and novel photographs, 19 Mar. 2016
This is a beautiful book, and very timely for me as I visited New York around the time this was published. Very reasonable price and a real pleasure to behold. Highly recommended!

The Wolf of Wall Street
The Wolf of Wall Street

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst books I've picked up!, 19 Mar. 2016
I'm glad I only paid 99p for this book on my kindle. It has been made into a successful film with Leo, I thought - so it must be good! Wrong! In my opinion it is extremely badly written and I soon decided not to waste my time trying to finish it. I honestly don't know what all the fuss is about......

Dew Women's Daisy Sterling Silver and 14 ct Gold Plate Stud Earrings
Dew Women's Daisy Sterling Silver and 14 ct Gold Plate Stud Earrings

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful but should be labelled as children's earrings not women's!, 16 Jan. 2016
These are very lovely but, as in the review I've just written for some Dew turquoise drop earrings, too small. I think they should be labelled as children's earrings rather than women's!

Dew Sterling Silver and Turquoise Heart Drop Earrings
Dew Sterling Silver and Turquoise Heart Drop Earrings

3.0 out of 5 stars Way too small!, 16 Jan. 2016
These are very pretty and the colour is gorgeous, however they are so tiny and extremely delicate. I had ordered them to give to a friend and didn't want to go ahead with that, however we did keep the earrings as my daughter loved them. Had I seen these in a shop etc I would never have bought them so beware. They still get three stars for being beautiful though ridiculously small!

Birkenstock Gizeh, Women's Sandals, Purple (Steel Magenta), 9 UK
Birkenstock Gizeh, Women's Sandals, Purple (Steel Magenta), 9 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit and gorgeous colour, 30 May 2015
Perfect fit and gorgeous colour. This is my third pair of Gizeh Birkenstocks so I know that the size I ordered fits me exactly. Note that my first pair is now 11 years old and still going strong. These shoes last!!

Ronseal DSRM5L Decking Stain Rich Mahogany 5 Litre
Ronseal DSRM5L Decking Stain Rich Mahogany 5 Litre

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to apply, quick drying. Check if this is really the colour you want- it is quite orange!, 28 May 2015
Ronseal are famous for doing what it says on the tin...this deck stain is water based (like all their products) - easy to apply to smooth decking surfaces (especially with a pad on a pole) and very quick drying. Just as well, as it initially seems to be a very weakly pigmented mix- goes on like weak tea, but with a couple of coats the rich mahogany stain ends up drying to an orange hue, not unlike the colour of new garden fence panels- only with a satin finish. It does take at least 2 to 3 coats to get a consistently even finish, but then if you are going to be walking on it you want to put a good few coats down anyway to get a hardwearing surface. A few people have commented on the colour not being what it shows on the tin - I originally bought this colour more than five years ago, thinking it was a much darker chocolate brown- however it isn't very dark, even after as many coats as you like!. But- it lasts well, I've only just re-applied it to my deck and railings to freshen it up and it all looks like new once again. On the colour question, I still had the old 2.5 l tins that I had used originally and comparing the tins I can see that the colour of the "rich mahogany" strip shown on the front of the new tin is clearly a lighter orange/brown than that shown on the older tins- and much closer to the orange -brown colour you end up with.
I haven't tried other makes of deck stain, so I cannot really compare, but if you are after an orangey-brown hue to your decking, this is a good product.

Rheme In Car Charger - Tomtom USB Car Charger for TOMTOM GO, ONE, Start, XL, XXL IQ Routes ...
Offered by Best Digital Market

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well and reasonable price, 27 April 2015
Works just fine and a very reasonable price compared to a TomTom supplied charger replacement. My original TomTom GO battery never lasted very long even when new and so the device has always had to run plugged in. My original car charger broke and this replacement works just fine. There's a little green light on the plug in charger too, to confirm it's plugged in and drawing power, which gives additional reassurance.

Dr. Marten's 1461 Original, Unisex-Adult Lace-Up Flats, Black Harvey, 12 UK
Dr. Marten's 1461 Original, Unisex-Adult Lace-Up Flats, Black Harvey, 12 UK
Price: Click here to see our price

5.0 out of 5 stars Good fit and comfy, 11 Mar. 2015
Slightly different to my previous pair of English-made DMs that I have had for years- these have no stitching around the outside and a different sole pattern- but good fit and comfy. Seem well made, as you would expect from DMs (after 1 week of wearing).

August DTA240 - High Gain Freeview HD TV Aerial - Portable Indoor/Outdoor Digital Antenna for USB TV Tuner / DVB-T Television / DAB Radio - With Magnetic Base
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Small really is beautiful, 20 Nov. 2014
Amazing - this little aerial really works very well- I was highly sceptical when I first opened the box as it is tiny. I thought there's no way something this small can be a good TV aerial. But I was wrong. Works a treat, even in the subterranean den where our TV now resides. Bought another one for small TV in bedroom and it works fine too - better than the old telescopic aerial. Seemingly no need to get one of those fancy bigger aerials with lots more bits on them.

The Return Of Rafe MacKade (The MacKade Brothers Book 1)
The Return Of Rafe MacKade (The MacKade Brothers Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear!, 1 April 2014
I managed to get through this by skim-reading but it was such a weak, predictable, cliched story. I'd read some Nora Roberts before, years ago, and had remembered her to be a good story-teller, but alas this was just embarrassing. I was tempted by the 99p Kindly daily offer. I bought all four books in the series but doubt I'll bother with the other three. Don't waste your time unless your preferred genre is badly-written romantic dramas.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3