Profile for P. Harrison > Reviews

Content by P. Harrison

P. Harrison (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Tile for iOS and Android - Bluetooth Tracker For Finding Anything and Everything

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing product, 15 Jan. 2015
I bought a Tile after my girlfriend got her handbag snatched and "find anything anywhere" was Tile's proposition, great I thought, we'll put a Tile in her handbag and if it happens again we can find where ever its been taken.

What Tile will do however is make a very quiet noise, akin to one of those comedy greetings card you get that make a sound when you open them, only Tile is slightly quieter. My comparison is that you definitely need to be in the same room as the Tile to hear it, and if its in a bag, under some clothes, you have the radio on in the room, you will not hear it. Poor.

Finally it isn't GPS, again it alluded to be originally, though I believe now it seems to give a little more clarify to this claim, even so you need your Bluetooth on to locate it which really drains your phones battery, not such a big issue if Tile was a wonder locator product, but it isn't.

All in all I'm really disappointed mostly because its a great idea, well marketed but simply not really of any use in the form they sell it in.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 16, 2015 6:06 PM GMT

Personalised West Ham United FC Mug
Personalised West Ham United FC Mug
Offered by Gift Cookie

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent service..., 24 Dec. 2014
...but rather cheekily all the names are from the 13/14 seasons players, some of whom don't play for West Ham anymore!

Shame as their sales service was extremely good.

Foxglove Summer (PC Peter Grant Book Book 5)
Foxglove Summer (PC Peter Grant Book Book 5)

4.0 out of 5 stars Tip toe through the tulips. And cow pats., 2 Dec. 2014
A rare departure from the city for PC Peter Grant, but still a very enjoyable romp through the countryside. Aaronovitch is still keeping us regular readers on the edge of our seat concerning Leslie and the faceless man, clever bugger. I shall of course be counting down the days to book 6, damn him!

Bitcoin: The Future of Money?
Bitcoin: The Future of Money?
by Dominic Frisby

5.0 out of 5 stars and its potential future extremely easy. I may invest myself now, 16 Nov. 2014
Made understanding Bitcoin, its origins, and its potential future extremely easy. I may invest myself now!

I would say a must read for anyone involved in ecommerce, investment or simply looking for a high risk, high return investment.

Animal Mens Halfpipe Slippers FM4WE015 Black 8 UK, 42 EU
Animal Mens Halfpipe Slippers FM4WE015 Black 8 UK, 42 EU

4.0 out of 5 stars ooohh slippers, 10 Sept. 2014
Nice slippers, pretty much what you'd expect really.

Hang Wire
Hang Wire

3.0 out of 5 stars Too disjointed, 27 July 2014
This review is from: Hang Wire (Kindle Edition)
Just couldn't get into this book. Tried and tried as I loved the premise, but the style and disjunction in the times and characters really jarred for me.

Whilst it didn't work for me it may for others.

Dante's Tail (The Project Isis Saga: Book One 1)
Dante's Tail (The Project Isis Saga: Book One 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Almost Lost (me) in Space!, 27 July 2014
I really enjoyed Erics last book, The Long Drunk, a really interesting slant on the crime noir and a great story, so I was very excited to see Eric had written a new book. Noting that this time it has a sci-fi slant I paid my money and took my chance having really enjoyed Erics writing style I was expectant of good things.

Now, Ive given Dante Tail 4 stars, but really I wanted to give it 3.5. Its a fun premise, though by no means nothing new. Not wanting to dwell on the story (no spoilers) I did find it fun and engaging to begin with, however once we got to the meat of the book at the 'secret space training facility' there was a little too much time spent on the puerile adolescent sex training and not enough rounding out John Raymond. Coyote almost lost me at this point, however just when I thought all had been lost he moved the book on and returned my faith in him.

When the President has an alarmingly honest Press Conference with America the pace and story picks up again. Coyote's writing is reminiscent of Mick Farren, one of my favourite bonkers pulp sci-fi authors, and Dantes Tail has flashes of his book 'Vickers' in it, a great read on apocalypse madness if you can track a copy down.

Dantes Tail ends, not all that surprisingly, where we guess it will, which I have to say doesn't inspire me as to where its sequal will go, but Coyote's style and imagination will have me coming back for his next book, I think hes earnt another bite of the cherry.

Samsung UE40EH5000 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED TV with Freeview HD
Samsung UE40EH5000 40-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED TV with Freeview HD
Offered by PRC Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 10 Aug. 2013
Great value for money. I use it for gaming with my Xbox and an HD cable and its incredible the image quality I get. Very much recommend this TV.

Draper 88801 Carbon Steel Lawn Rake
Draper 88801 Carbon Steel Lawn Rake

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 3 Aug. 2013
As rakes go this is the dogs b******s. We have nick named it garden napalm as nothing gets in its way. A must have!

The Ocean at the End of the Lane
The Ocean at the End of the Lane

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice coming of age tale through a child's eyes, 28 Jun. 2013
I guess I was hoping for another American Gods, and this is not it, but it is a lovely tale of one boys struggle within his small world and the disruption and pain adults can cause.

If you like Neil Gaiman you'll like this book, but if you're new to him and looking for quintessential Neil this isn't it for me.

Page: 1 | 2