Profile for TVR-Andy > Reviews

Game of Thrones - Season 1 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Sean Bean
Price: 16.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well made with a good developing story, 22 July 2014
Very well made and produced, I realise that season one is really just getting the story going in readiness for the other three seasons, now released. After a gap I will buy season two. The biggest problem is getting to know who is who as there are lots of people in the story. Also picking up bits of the countries history from the past. Very good.

Insurgent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 2)
Insurgent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 2)
Price: 2.50

3.0 out of 5 stars I regret to say that I got a little bored with the way the grammar is put together in ..., 22 July 2014
I regret to say that I got a little bored with the way the grammar is put together in this novel. To me it seemed very simplistic. Having said that I found that the story developed OK and was an OK read.

Unit One - Season 4 [DVD]
Unit One - Season 4 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Mads Mikkelsen
Price: 19.37

4.0 out of 5 stars As good as the other seasons, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Unit One - Season 4 [DVD] (DVD)
I have all four of the Unit One seasons. This is as good as the rest and an really good way to pass a couple of hours at a time. This series does not let the standard drop. Excellent.

Shades of Evil
Shades of Evil
Price: 0.84

4.0 out of 5 stars A good read., 16 July 2014
This review is from: Shades of Evil (Kindle Edition)
As the title of the book implies this is a book with more than one bad event being investigated. The book takes you into a hill village in England and the close knit community there. However all is not what it seems. This is the first time I have read a book from this author. I will read more. A good read.

The Very Best Of Roy Orbison
The Very Best Of Roy Orbison
Price: 4.37

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant as ever, 9 July 2014
Because of my age I can remember Roy Orbison when he started singing. Indeed I have some of his vinyl records which I still play. I bought this for in car listening. It is great. Even if you are young give Roy a go.

The Trafalgar Gambit (Ark Royal Book 3)
The Trafalgar Gambit (Ark Royal Book 3)
Price: 3.07

3.0 out of 5 stars I felt this was to much like earlier books in the set, 9 July 2014
I have now read all three books in the Ark Royal series and overall enjoyed them. However I feel that this latest book only rates three stars. The story is developing fine it is just that I feel a little de javu about the story in that this is yet another trip into alien space.

Borderlands (Inspector Devlin Mystery 1)
Borderlands (Inspector Devlin Mystery 1)
Price: 3.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Briliant, 7 July 2014
This is the fourth book that I have read from this author. His first I believe. It does not disappoint with a brilliant mix of threads to the story and a good developing human backbone relating to his family and work colleagues. Set in the land between Ireland and Ulster this gives a good blend of something different.

Wanderer - Tainted Universe (Wanderer's Odyssey Book 3)
Wanderer - Tainted Universe (Wanderer's Odyssey Book 3)
Price: 2.33

5.0 out of 5 stars It just gets better, 1 July 2014
The universe of the Wanderer continues to get more interesting making each book a joy to read. The changing nature of the books characters also makes it a good read. Looking forward to book four.

House Of Cards - Season 2 [DVD]
House Of Cards - Season 2 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kevin Spacey
Price: 20.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than series one., 27 Jun 2014
Enjoyed it even more than series one. Brilliant. Francis is getting better with that sarcastic grin to the camera. This is the story of aggressive ambition to get to the top.

Divergent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 1)
Divergent (Divergent Trilogy, Book 1)
Price: 2.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, 22 Jun 2014
Having read the reviews of this book prior to purchase I was unsure what to expect. Some reviews refer to this being similar to the Hunger Games. It is very slightly in that it is a future society with problems but this one(Divergent) is based on human characteristics not simply one group being more powerful than the other as in the Hunger Games.

The book is based around 'Tris' who must pass an evaluation aged 16 to ascertain which human faction she must belong too. This is where divergence comes in as she is different. The book is about her settling into her new faction and then realising all is not well. A take over bid by one group for leadership occurs near the end of the book which sees Tris fighting to stop it leaving the opening ready for book two, Insurgent.

After a break I will buy book two.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20