Profile for TVR-Andy > Reviews

Presumed Dead
Presumed Dead
Price: 1.44

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 19 Aug 2014
This review is from: Presumed Dead (Kindle Edition)
The first novel in a series this book is about a missing persons investigation in rural Lancashire. The tracing of the events to its conclusion was well written and enjoyable to read. I will certainly be reading the subsequent books in the series.

A Time for Silence
A Time for Silence
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A good and unusual story, well written., 19 Aug 2014
This is a really good read about a thirty year old women's issues with herself regarding a friends death and a pushy fiancée and her families past. The past is revealed slowly and is almost like a separate book within the book. These come together to end with a nice conclusion. The book is about how a tragic family history affects a family that follows the event. At times I was unsure about this book but as I started to get into it I found it very good indeed.

Red Light (Katie Maguire 3)
Red Light (Katie Maguire 3)
Price: 0.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good indeed, 9 Aug 2014
This, the third book in the Kati Maguire series is just as good as the first two. Very enjoyable. The first two books had stand alone stories with the thread of Katie's life going through both. This book however seems to me open for a good follow up as not all of the issues have been resolved. I can hardly wait. Kati's private life has also taken a new turn.

The Shitty Ghost II: A 100% True Paranormal Haunting
The Shitty Ghost II: A 100% True Paranormal Haunting
Price: 1.81

1.0 out of 5 stars Very bad, 9 Aug 2014
A total waste of a download, luckily it was free.

Time's Legacy
Time's Legacy
Price: 3.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Gave Up, with regret, 9 Aug 2014
This review is from: Time's Legacy (Kindle Edition)
I have read a few of Barbara's books years ago and thought I would give this one a go. For some reason I just could not get into it so regrettably gave up before finishing the book. No idea what I did not like.

Bleed a River Deep (Inspector Devlin Mystery 3)
Bleed a River Deep (Inspector Devlin Mystery 3)
Price: 3.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, as it always is with this author., 1 Aug 2014
Another great read about the life and work off DI Ben Devlin in the Donegal borderlands with Ulster. At first I thought the story did not have the usual depth but I was wrong as this soon picked up. I have now read all od this authors books. I look forward to the next. If you read them in published date sequence you will get the benefit of continuity of the non crime part of the story. Brilliant.

Britannia: Part I: The Wall
Britannia: Part I: The Wall
Price: 3.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad but the language was a bit 'proper', 1 Aug 2014
The issue I had with this book is that I did not like the writing style, I found it to 'proper' when soldiers were talking to each other. The real world is a bit different. The storyline is OK as are the characters.

Gallows Lane (Inspector Devlin Mystery 2)
Gallows Lane (Inspector Devlin Mystery 2)
Price: 3.32

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant as always, 28 July 2014
I really enjoy the books from this author. Gallows Lane does not let him down. It is a murder story, well murders actually that are all linked with a good amount of human interaction with the key detective, Ben Devlin, and his co workers in An Garda.

Amber - The Complete Series [DVD]
Amber - The Complete Series [DVD]
Dvd ~ Eva Birthistle
Price: 13.33

5.0 out of 5 stars A good 3 hour 18 minute story., 28 July 2014
200 minutes that will zoom by as you get into this tale of child abduction. Well acted it tells the story in sequence with some flash backs as the story develops. The ending is unexpected but does happen too often. The only problem was that the quality of the sound and the sound volume was variable.

Game of Thrones - Season 1 [DVD] [2012]
Game of Thrones - Season 1 [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Sean Bean
Price: 16.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well made with a good developing story, 22 July 2014
Very well made and produced, I realise that season one is really just getting the story going in readiness for the other three seasons, now released. After a gap I will buy season two. The biggest problem is getting to know who is who as there are lots of people in the story. Also picking up bits of the countries history from the past. Very good.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20